1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

He'll be sold if he's interested in a move, same as KT.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    I don't think Pistol Pete cares one Iota about a backlash, making money for profit is his only Itinery, now that we've seen how easily it seems to be to let players go coz they want to go if CalMac is making rumblings about wanting to go and lets be honest it's NOT the 1st time I've heard this, then you can be sure he will. It's prolly a case of appeasing the fans right now coz KT went but he's prolly told Cal Mac if we don't get through to CL stages proper OR for sure next season. If Cal Mac is thinking like this now it's gonna happen no doubt about it.

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    imagine picking up the phone and Dermott is on the other side like Pat Mustard!

“Hello, call for him again and the next time your caaaarrrr goes below tirty miles per hour BOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!”

4. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Not even arguably, McGregor is a bigger key player than Tierney.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    See this “shortfall” that’s a myth!

When you have reserves like we do you can make up any loss in revenue from that but with the wage bill down 20% minimum then we are back within the “budget”

6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

* Leicester, * the snake, and * selling Callum McGregor.

Our midfield would be pathetic without him next season considering Brown already looks like he's on the decline right now.

7. Cringer67

I think its a certainty that if he has a season like last year he will be off. That's the sad reality. I posted something a while back how im surprised that its actually taken this long for our players to leave for England. People up here will have been looking at Andrew Robertson. Calmac will know he is twice the player James f*cuking madison is and hes being touted for an £80m move. They will be looking at McGinn. And now they will be looking at Tierney. Calamac will be approaching his peak years and im pretty sure * be wanting to earn top dollar for those 3/4 years. A sad state of affairs, but something we need to plan for and adapt quickly to. He has been a great servant as it is and the silver lining should be in the form of £30m gold coins.

Artorias and MickeyyMack like this.
  8. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Sounds like a load of pish tbh news of us rejecting a bid on deadline day for one of our top players just happens to get leaked after we sell one of our best players on the same day.

9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    "Not selling Callum is like a new signing, there's one of your five Lenny" PL

Lewis Kerr and Artorias like this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

Massively delighted we told the Rat to go * himself, I think I would have been more distraught at losing McGregor than Tierney, * knows how I would have been if both of them had gone!

11. john2061

Think that would have been the last straw for the Celtic fans if calmac had been sold as well going into this important season .
    The only team that can stop Celtic winning the league is Celtic themselves and the board must give Lenny as much of the 25 million to win the league this year .

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

If KT is worth £25m to us then that makes McGregor worth an absolute bare minimum of £35m.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The reality is Cal Mac will head down south at some point , not in this window though that is suicidal. £30m and no less surely the KT fee has to be a benchmark, it will be hard to take when the time is right for him to move on hopefully it’s after 10

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Just shows you the neck that * really has. A dirty lowlife scumbag.

He tried to rip the heart out the club he supports. And there’s still people out there that’ll stick up for him as well.

Sonic Reducer and Liam Scales like this.
  15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    CalMac was a big favourite of Rodgers, in fact possibly the player he coveted the most alongside Dembele. It really wouldnt surprise me if it was Rodgers the Rat who came sniffing about. Probably offering a derogatory sum of money for him, not that Celtic should sell any player to the Rat no matter how much he was offering.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon is looking to tie Callum McGregor down on a bumper new deal after insisting there was no chance he was going to allow the playmaker to follow Kieran Tiereny out of Parkhead.

The Celtic boss admitted the club received an approach for McGregor from Brendan Rodgers – with Leicester City preparing a £20m deadline day raid.

But Lennon slapped a not for sale sign on Scotland’s player of the year on the same day Tierney headed to Arsenal in a record-breaking £25m move.

Lennon said: “There was an approach for Callum. We knew about it and there’s no more to it.

We made it pretty clear that we wanted Callum to stay. He’s an important player here.

“We want him to continue in the same vein as the last two or three seasons.

Callum’s good. I had a chat with him on Friday morning. He’s absolutely fine about it.

Clubs from other countries might show interest in some of the players, but as far we are concerned our important players are not for sale.

“Callum certainly comes into that bracket.”

McGregor penned a new five-year deal in December 2018 but Lennon admitted he’ll be looking to give the Scotland star another bump.

He said: “We will possibly look to tie him down for longer.

“That’s something we may talk about with his representatives as we go along.”

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"as far we are concerned our important players are not for sale"

The day after selling an important player that we placed a price tag on? :43:

18. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Cal Mac will get a new deal with us (hope he agrees) and a clause in the new deal just like KT.

If the clause is met by a club he'll be off in the next window or the summer.

Looks like this is how we operate and it's a good system apart from us loosing all our best players.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lenny is being asked questions all the time, and tbh i think we're guilty at times of forensically picking apart his words, being over critical and reading things into everything he says.

I'll reserve my judgement until after the window has closed.

TESLA and Hadouken like this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There was no clause in KT’s contract, the Board placed the 25 million cash upfront tag on him and Arsenal eventually met it. Confirmed to the Stock Exchange.

I don’t think KT should sully our opinion of others, there’s been nothing from Calmac to suggest he won’t do a James Forrest...