1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Filip Uremovich

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Aug 7, 2019.

Discuss Filip Uremovich in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Croatia Under 21 defender Filip Uremovich claims he almost signed for Celtic last month.

The Hoops have been linked with a move for several defenders throughout the summer and have so far brought in Christopher Jullien, Boli Bolingoli and Hatem Abd Elhamed.

But Neil Lennon came close to sealing a surprise transfer with Russian side Rubin Kazan for 22-year-old former Dinamo Zagreb talent Uremovich - according to the player.

Lennon eventually signed Jullien from Toulouse for £7million.

But Uremovich said: "I had the option to move to Celtic this summer, but the transfer did not happen.

"I don't look at it as a bad thing because it meant I'm staying at Rubin and I am very happy here.

But the reason the deal didn't take place was because they went out and signed another player instead

I'm not bitter about it because I've had a good season so far and there is a really good atmosphere at the club."

Uremovich, who also had a spell with Slovenian side Olimpija Ljubljana, has two years left of a four year contract in Russia.

Lennon remains in the market for defenders and was spotted watching Partizan Belgrade teenager Strahinja Pavlovic against Connah's Quay Nomads in the Europa League last month.

3. StevieBhoooy!

Ah Daily Record ....

So must be true..

You’d be better just making up some * yourself as there’s more chance of it being fact.

Bewildering how many Celtic supporters quote, link, tweet and believe the nonsense in that rag.

Not worth buying
    Not worth reading
    Not worth clicking

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Quotes are quotes.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It was actually Russian media that ran with it

6. StevieBhoooy!

Are you implying that because they are stated as ‘quotes’ that they are true?

Did you see the recent July article on Sevcos likely upcoming European opponents (Shkëndija)?

Not only were they knocked out by Nomme Kalju ... but they were Celtics ‘possible’ opponents. The quality Scottish ‘journalist’ had managed to put Sevco in the Champions League and had used a completely bogus quote to illustrate his lack of integrity and journalistic skill.

Lies in other words.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I can't imagine they've completely fabricated quotes from a random Croatian centre half playing in Russia.

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Anyone know which Russian media started the story? I can look up the article- I speak Russian, and then we'd have a more clear view of things.

9. StevieBhoooy!

I can !

10. CountyDownFaithful

As much as that was terrible reporting, the journalist obviously got the teams mixed up. There's a difference between that and misquoting an individuals comment

11. StevieBhoooy!

The comment / quote was shown to be false... it was blatant lies in addition to absence of journalism.

Look at the other stories around you regarding ‘feelgood’ for one club and fake news deflection stories about Celtic.

Whatever your view it would still be better not to give the likes of the DR any oxygen to prolong its critical condition.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    ежедневная запись

Pronounced "te dally rekordvich"

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The Croatian defender of Rubin, Filip Uremovich, said that he had the option of moving to the Scottish Celtic. “The transition to Celtic through this transfer window was possible, but did not happen. I don’t look at it as something bad. I better stay in Rubin, I'm happy here. The main reason we talked with Celtic is because they play in the Champions League. But the deal did not take place, another player moved there. Given the city, the league and everything that is happening now with the club, Rubin is a good choice. Sometimes you think that something is going wrong, and then everything turns out to be right. About the failed transfer, you can say the same. We got a pretty good start to the season: seven points in the first three matches. We started the championship very well in the match with Loko, then we won the victory in the match with Dynamo in the 93rd minute, and everyone felt the strength psychologically and physically. The team had a pleasant atmosphere. “Ruby” seriously updated the lineup, 70 percent, and at first it was difficult to play. But now we have recognized each other, we understand who can and what can manifest themselves. The newcomers are good. We are quite young, and we need space to prove ourselves. The atmosphere in the team this season is better than in the past, because they started the season the way they wanted. Do you remember how we finished that championship, and now everything is much more positive, ”said Uremovich in an interview with the Championship correspondent Daniil Borozdin. Подробнее на «Чемпионате»: https://www.championat.com/football...tyvaja-gorod-i-klub.html?utm_source=copypaste

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yeah- he's happy to be at Rubin. This was a conscious decision from the club to not go for him.