1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Such bitterness towards a good Celtic lad.

The guys done brilliant the last few years.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I think he’s went a bit nuts tbh.

[​IMG]

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

That’s the game.

We will get this bigotry and disgusting views out you soon enough.

Rydo1888* and Lilac Wine like this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well that’s not happening! :84:

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Shame you used to be a good guy.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hope Adam tomkins MSP turns up in his Union Jack suit like he is threatening to do and someone kicks the utter * out the *!

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. saltire78

It's possible that we've been holding back money for the 9 season, as this is the most likely year for stupid zombies to throw money at their shipwreck, to try to stop us. It just doesn't feel right though...

I think the board realise that Rodgers/Congerton have torpedoed us, and a few bob is actually essential to right things... I think we'll probably get one more in soon (RB) but any other will wait until we've secured CL/EL, at the end of the window.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Must be quite difficult for the board in the sense that Rodgers was an incredible coup and obviously an excellent manager as he showed the first season but then to witness him and his scout make so many appalling signings, the board would've put complete trust in him to begin with and then it just kinda got a bit nuts.

I'm sure the 9 is big in their minds but maybe they want to reassert a bit of quality control?

Of course, we've yet to see how good the players are but so far they look decent.

Does anyone know who's been scouting for us?

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Any word on how the Q&A went?

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Balancing business and passion is something I don’t envy.

We’re in a good position financially as we all know too well, we have solid assets in players, developing awesome young talent, smashing disca lights and a braw bit of turf that cost a few bob.

I’m no sure how much he played in bringing in BR but that done us the world of * in terms of reputation and improving the clubs working practices.

Sometimes it’s better the devil ye know that the one ye don’t. Frustrating at times but overall we can’t complain about the progress on and off the pitch, regardless of the previous seasons dio in overall form.

I’ve lost the rag many a time at the lack of forward momentum but we still remain the main outfit. Reality check is sometimes needed in terms of Euro progression but I’d like to experience similar success to what Ajax have had and I don’t believe that’s outwits our reach.

13. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Ajax replace their players

Lennon1888, Tommy25, oh bhoy and 2 others like this.
  14. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Didnt want lennon but im growing into it he will bring us the 9 he wont let us lose this league

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I find this a bit of a contradiction.

The very reason that we didnt do as well last season is because of losing dembele, armstrong and roberts, failing to replace them and the poor handling of our transfer windows and contract situations.

In losing Boyata for nothing and failing to qualify for the champions league, we missed out on tens of millions. I think that would give any fan the right to complain and the ripple effect that failure to qualify might have had on the Dembele, Rodgers and Tierney situations.

You mention two measuring sticks which put a bit of perspective in the situation. Within our league - which is where i interpreted you meant from “still being the main outfit” - which in all truth we should be as its effectively been a one horse race for quite a few seasons now.

And europe - when you mentioned Ajax - who have shown the benefits of what the right nurturing of players combined with recruitment can bring.

The bottom line is off the park we have been caught with our pants down on a few occasions in recent years and we have lost a lot of ground on where we should be as a result. I think any fan would have happily have traded the disco light and the new turf for better investment in the playing squad last summer.

16. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You’re right, poor sentence on my part there and I agree with you.

If I could rephrase that part by saying I suppose we can’t complain with the success we’ve had.

I contemplated elaborating my opinion and instead cut short with an inadequate point there. I suppose I was trying to convey my appreciating the chastising landscape we work in and that his job is no doubt a tough gig.

Without going too deep and granular with what caused last seasons dip, as there were many, in my opinion, unexpected events that accumulated to contribute to that. I believe a large proportion of that was tied around PL’s neck, some unwarranted.
    It was a bizarre season to say the least.

Undoubtedly, there were mistakes made and steps that could have improved or bettered some of the issues discussed. Placing those aside, I still believe we’re in a very strong position to maintain domestic dominance.

What I would like to see though, is a more assertive approach during transfer windows. PL can surely be an influence here in dealing with both prospective transfers in and out.

17. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I've stayed clear of bashing the board since the Steven Fletcher thing which cost us the league many moons back. On the whole, no complaints other than the McGinn saga last season. 9 trophies on the bounce and I'm happy!

I remember when the huns were doing 9! These are good times!

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lawwell isn't entirely blameless here. IIRC fans of every single previous club were telling us what poison Congerton was. Maybe we had to give him a job as part of the deal with Rodgers, but he simply should not have been allowed to dismantle the existing scouting network. That, I think, is a * up by Lawwell.

19. Belgian_lad

But ajax didnt win the league in about 5yrs or so. No way we would accept that.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Regarding the last part, I also remember them doing 9, got complacent and dropped the ball and underestimated us.

If we are not careful the same can happen to us.