1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Strahinja Pavlovic

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by LectersLuncheon, Jul 25, 2019.

Discuss Strahinja Pavlovic in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    This 40 million in the bank is a myth we have a massive wage budget and other overheads a lot of that 40 million will be used on running costs etc. It’s not as easy as there is 40 million they’re which isn’t true

2. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    This one would be interesting, but our main goal should be to not overpay him in terms of transfer fee. If I was to negotiate this transfer, I'd include many bonus options, because in my opinion he's not worth 4 million at this moment.

As many of you have noticed that boy is very strong and very tall, his main attribute is heading. I believe that he'd adapt well to physical approach of the SPFL. His pace is ok, and he's very aggressive and brave on the pitch, getting stuck in pretty much all the time.

I believe that he has the required mentality to make it in professional football, but he's still very, very raw player (Lenny would've been so proud of me :D). He had couple of good games against Crvena Zvezda, which caught attention of the foreign scouts, but in those games he was well protected and covered by Partizan's DM's, because Zvezda had the control and Partizan was mostly defending and sitting deep, but again credit where its due - he was really good in those games.

His technique and anticipation must improve if he's to become a regular here, but time works for him, he's still so young. Also, he is prone to picking up cards, so he should cut out the unnecessary aggression and unnecessary fouls. Let me try to compare him to other names which were mentioned and to some current players:

1. Milenković - already starting every match for Serbia, I believe that he can become one of the best CB's in the world if he continues working like this, I'm very unsure if Pavlović can match his potential.

2. Babić (Crvena Zvezda) - He has more experience than Pavlović, similar type of player, but Pavlović has more potential, more pace, and probably better technique

3. Ajer - If we could nurture Pavlović into becoming our new Ajer, then we would have another great player on our hands. Although right now Ajer is much better on the ball and his defending is pretty much clean, I believe that Pavlović could in time replace him if Ajer leaves.

4. Hendry - Pavlović is already better than him, two completely different CB's, but Pavlović would definitely suit us more.

Hope this helped!

3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We also have a lot more than £40m coming in throughout the season.

Peej and Murph-E like this.
  4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

It’s not a myth at all, it’s been published in the books, go to the Celtic website link is there.

Each season we have made a profit, you are forgetting season ticket sales, player sales, merchandise sales Money from european games, * ton of wages saved already with more than 12 players leaving, the compo from the snake and his management team.

Baker has stated that money has been set aside.

Murph-E and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:

Our wage bill was about 55 million still paying quite a bit in wages for a start so I’d say it’s not 40 million that’s going to be from dembele sale we’ve got massive overheads. We’ve got a lot of high earners still aswell

6. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    We run at profit pretty much every season for the last few. The cash at bank is only going up. That 40m cash at bank has not been spent on wages etc - the clubs turnover takes care of running costs and then some.

Peej, Murph-E, Blochairnbhoy and 3 others like this.
  7. bhoy81

Key word is was, it’s been reduced at least 20% with just the players leaving and even more so with Rodgers and his staff.

We had a large pot of money even before Moussa was sold again, it’s all post on the Celtic website each season. Baker even came out and said that pot will be put aside.

It’s around 40 million, it’s clearly been published. Lawwell and co run the club on the back of Europa league football they have said this countless times over the years. This has shown.

You can bang on about overheads we have money coming in like I’ve explained before regarding season tickets ext. that’s all before the money is used that’s been put to the side.

As a club we have never been in better financial health off the pitch.

Again please look at the public information that the club puts out every season.

Don’t believe all the scaremongering coming from the SMS and others.

8. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    We are a cash rich club but also stingy. People forget that we haven't actually spent any money of ours this window , its just the snake compo we have used .

Murph-E and bhoy81 like this.
  9. bhoy81

And by the looks of it we will need to sell before we buy again.

That’s why I’m fearing the worst regarding KT and the powers at be will be doing their best like the did with McGeady to get him out the door and cover all of the spending this summer plus make a massive profit once again.

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

That is our money :giggle1:

11. pablo

Fav Celtic Player:
    petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on
    So you pay someone £100 to do a job for you that they don’t finish. You demand the cash back but settle on £50 because they did half of it you then still have to pay someone to finish the job. It’s still money you have spent.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think we need to sell to bring in another right back, they will come in whether kt goes or not.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No it isn’t a myth it’s in the accounts.

Our wage bill is down from last season by 23%.

We turnover more than we spend even without CL football. We run at a profit.

It’s * * true there is £40m there will be significantly more than that by time we get the year end account out in mid September!

You maybe have been listening to too many huns mate (no offence) about our finances!

Murph-E and Tommy25 like this.
  14. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Not saying it’s the case was only looking at it from the running costs no champions league etc but if there is that much we should spend it

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If you look into our years we have made the CL our cash at bank goes up. The running costs go up slightly due to our contracts having significant bonus clauses.

In 2016 accounts we had £10m cash in bank
    In 2017 accounts we had £24m cash in bank
    In 2018 accounts we had £37m cash in bank

Tommy25 and SCOTTYBHOY_67 like this.
  16. bhoy81

I would say there is variables regarding the right back position

1 - we sell KT and get a natural one in who will cost 5 million plus.

2 - Told that we have to wait until our European football tier is decided, champions league then a better player Europa then maybe a loan or a lower caliber of player.

3 - We use the guy we have just signed who is naturally a centre half who has played 5/6 games at right back and use him as our first choice right back, which the club have already done the PR for when he signed stating right back signed.

I think option 3 will be more likely even if we sell KT now.

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

The guy who is "naturally a centre half who has played 5/6 games at right back" actually claims to be a natural right back and he played that position alot in the past

18. bhoy81

19. Damnati

Looking at the total games played for each team against the games played in each position, there is a lot of missing games. I think the majority of his games for Ashdod were probably at RB and they aren't counted.

I'm sure ILTC mentioned that they weren't doing in depth stats for the Israeli league until the last couple of years. He probably has a lot more appearances at RB than shown.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You do realise that £40mill(approx) is AFTER everything is account and paid for, including wages.

At the time of the accounts, that's already tallied up the year's total wages etc and the £40million is what's left!?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.