1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury update thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 19, 2018.

Discuss Injury update thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Daniel Arzani back out training.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL on injuries: "A few injury scares have settled down this week. We should have a full complement of players to pick from.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Attacker Oliver Burke is a doubt for Celtic's William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final against Aberdeen on Sunday.

The West Brom loanee has a glute strain and will be assessed before the game at Hampden Park.

Dedryck Boyata (hamstring), Craig Gordon, Eboue Kouassi and Daniel Arzani (all knee) remain out and Leigh Griffiths is working his way back from personal issues. Vakoun Bayo (hamstring) is also out.

5. Martybhoy53

Burke has an * strain. Probably an after effect from missing that sitter last week.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Bayo has Ruptured Hamstring

Initially thought it was groin strain

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic were counting the cost of Sunday’s Old Firm thumping yesterday after it emerged striker Odsonne Edouard is one of three players now sweating over their fitness ahead of the Scottish Cup Final.

Record Sport can reveal the Frenchman injured an ankle late in the 2-0 Ibrox defeat but stayed on the pitch until the end of the match as manager Neil Lennon had already used up his quota of substitutes.

Celtic’s medics are now racing to discover the full extent of the damage but Edouard is already considered a doubt for the last league game of the season against Hearts at Parkhead on Sunday.

And Lennon will be hoping that the £9m front man will be fully recovered ahead of a second showdown with Craig Levein’s side in the end of season showpiece at Hampden.

It’s also understood that Jonny Hayes and Mikael Lustig could be struggling to make it after the pair suffered hamstring injuries at the weekend

Lustig had to be replaced by Jeremy Toljan at half time while Hayes limped on until the final whistle.

A source said: “There’s a bit of concern over all three of them right now which is hardly ideal with the cup final less than a fortnight away.

Odsonne’s ankle injury is particularly worrying given the lack of options in attack but the hope is that he’ll be patched up and able to take part.”

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Worst season in living memory for injuries. I think it needs to be investigated.

Is it our training schedule? Volume of games? Lack of rest? Incompetence of medical department?

Whatever it is we need to get to the bottom of it.

Rydo1888* and seanm like this.
  9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It really has been crazy. For me I think the main is issue is the number of games and the fact that it is the same core of players who played the vast majority of them. Tierney being exhibit A in that regard.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm more surprised when we make a signing that doesn't come already injured, or takes an injury within the first week of training.

Put me down for a £5 on Shved being out of the qualifiers after the first 3 training sessions in Austria

Artorias likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

James Forrest has handed Celtic a huge Hampden boost by insisting he’ll be ready for the Scottish Cup Final.

And Record Sport understands Mikael Lustig is also on course for the showpiece against Hearts after his Ibrox injury scare.

Forrest, who scooped the SFWA International Player of the Year award last night, underwent scans on a hamstring injury and was forced to sit out last weekend’s Old Firm loss to Rangers.

However, the attacker is confident he won’t miss the big one at the National Stadium on Saturday week and says he could even be available for trophy day when Craig Levein’s troops head to Parkhead on Sunday for the season’s final Premiership game

He said: “I’ve not really spoken to the medical staff yet but I should be fine for the Final.

“It’s still early and I’m taking it day by day. We have the final Premiership game against Hearts on Sunday, so I’m not ruling out being involved in that.

My hamstring was just a little tight after the title win at Aberdeen so the manager didn’t want to risk it or push me and we’ll see what happens in the next few days. Like I say I’m not giving up hope on playing this weekend.

When you play so many games it’s only natural you’re going to feel aches and pains but we have a great staff here
    and they help you to look after yourself.”

Lustig was also sent for scans having lasted just 44 minutes of the 2-0 defeat to Rangers.

Parkhead boss Neil Lennon confessed it was a recurrence of the hamstring injury the Swedish international sustained at Dons eight days before and the right-back was given medical checks.

But it’s believed the issue is not as serious as first feared and Lustig could still make the Final.

12. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Now give calmac and brown a rest on sunday as well. They 2 look like they could do with a rest.

Rydo1888* and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Without a doubt other then maybe Bain nobody who is going to start or would likely be key off the bench should play this weekend.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “’Johnston’s got a hip strain, Shved is coming back from a groin injury and Bayo is close to returning to training. Bolingoli is fine and in the squad.”

15. Keano88

Tierney
    Eboue
    Rogic
    Arzani
    Johnston
    Shved
    Bayo

Anyone know the latest on these?

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Eboue training for the past number weeks

Rogic back training the other week

Arzani training for weeks

Bayo back training for a few weeks.

Johnston back this week

Shved back this week

Tierney ?

Keano88 and Artorias like this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Actually forgot I made this bold prediction back in May.

Keano88, Dazzler86 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Geez the lottery numbers

Peej likes this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Haha belter!

Peej likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player: