1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youth/Development Team Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, Oct 25, 2014.

Discuss Youth/Development Team Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah, but at least he's signed to a full time professional contract.
    Bayern * all over us when it comes to development and their youth setup. It wouldn't be an easy decision but it's one that makes at least some sense for young footballers wanting to develop themselves. I can see why he would be tempted. Our record outwith Tierney, Mcgregor and Forrest isn't all that great.

Doesn't mean that they can never play for Celtic.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. superhans

Totally disagree Bayern are probably the worst club in Germany for bringing young players into their first team. Thomas Muller is the only player I can think of that played for their senior team in the last 20 years, even Hummells had to leave and then come back again. Be better off staying and having a good chance of first team football

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    :56::56::56:

4. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    If you're 16 you don't knock back the chance to go to Germany and play with Bayern ffs. That's something you'd end up regretting the rest of your life.

Not going to lose sleep over a 16 year old leaving us.

Bayern Bru, Rydo1888*, Twisty and 2 others like this.
  5. Keano88

This.

Unless his names Karamoko.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Plus he's ginger so no one gives a *..

7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Apart from min,,,,
    :fear:

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    :fear:

9. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

David Alaba, Toni Kroos and Bastian Schweinsteiger all came through the Bayern youth setup. Even Badstuber was on the road to becoming a fantastic player if it wasn't for injuries.

They're a pretty difficult side to break into because they have spending power, but in terms of facilties and their overall training programme (they have a 70 million Euro youth campus) they're miles ahead of us.

If he wants a better chance at first team football early then we're a better option, as you say.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. oh bhoy

* it let bayern train him for 3 years ,he may be ready for our first team when he's 19

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Calm the * down Paul.

Why do you think 16 year old kids are not tied down to a permanent contract? Because clubs were treating them like horse meat, tying them down for years for peanuts to see if they make big money on a lucky one out of a 100 years later and very few ever make it from there to the seniors. I worry about Chelsea's loan policy having a similar effect on disregarded players, though I doubt they're the only ones.

If you kid's future was still in the balance and Bayern came in offering a contract you would tell him if he goes he's not to step foot in your house again as he's bringing shame to the family? He's 16! He could be back here when he's 19, developed by the very best in the world.

It doesn't mean you're not a Tim if you try to make the future work in the most safe secure and ambition fulfilling way possible.

:ynwacelti

@oh bhoy :56: :50: Seriously just seen your post when I posted.

Ffs, everyone's already posted this pure original thought :fear:

Btw I don't think it's a measure of Bayern's development to see how many players have made it to the first team, a better measurment would be how many decent level professionals they've developed overall.

They're a top 4 world club, their squad is hardly going to be developed players, only Celtic and Barca have managed that miracle as far as I am aware, which is not very much :drag:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  12. Maestro 08

As a celtic supporter I would 100% turn my back on Bayern for the opportunity to play with the team I've supported all my life. Especially as a young kid of 16. That's just me though but I would hope there are many more tims out there that share my view over yours.

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think you're missing the point and being slightly disrespectful to your fellow Tims even though I'm sure you don't mean it.

It's already been said but please think about it, he didn't have a professional contract with us, he had no idea if he was ever going to be a Celtic player. He knows he's getting paid a tidy sum for a 16 year old to got to Germany and train with one of the most successful clubs in the world both historically and presently, for three years.

Why not give him the benefit of the doubt, we don't know what he feels in his heart for Celtic and we sure as * shouldn't judge any 16 year old on how they go about shaping their future.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I agree..

Being a Tim and the club desperately trying to keep you and having you playing and around the first team squad at 16....no way would I leave..

I don't hold it against him though. It's more a failure on our part that we haven't managed to keep him and why he's wanted to go in the first place..

Maestro 08 likes this.
  15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I would 100% go to Bayern.

16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: You would 100% get knocked back

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    CELTIC are still hopeful of fending off interest from Bayern Munich in young defender Liam Morrison and persuading the 16-year-old to sign a professional contract with the club.

Reports yesterday suggested that the Scotland under-17 cap had agreed to join the German giants, but Celtic assistant manager John Kennedy says that the Scottish champions haven't given up on the youngster committing his future to the club.

“I know there’s been a discussion but we’re trying to sign Liam on a professional contract," said Kennedy.

"There’s a lot f interest from elsewhere but nothing’s happened, nothing has been agreed, we’re still in the mix and we want to keep our players here.

“We need to speak to Liam, his representatives, his parents and see where it goes."

from the evening times

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Strange scenario..

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Should be noted, legal drinking age and age for * in Germany.

Kids off to Munich for a bevvy

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

20. Maestro 08

I know mate, * hysterical that a Celtic fan might want to play for Celtic ahead of bayern. Thank * legends like McStay weren't as shallow and money orientated as some of the mega fans on this forum.

Graeme1888 and Tommy25 like this.