1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by the boards ambition...(Maybe spoke too soon)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jul 10, 2019.

Discuss For once, I'm pleasantly surprised by the boards ambition...(Maybe spoke too soon) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

I'll gauge the boards ambition when the window closes. If they strengthen without selling major assets, or sell and reinvest I'll agree they're turning the right way. But, we've not invested heavily enough, or categorically said players aren't going, so for me the jury's still out.

I will give them that they've started the window well. I hope they finish it as strongly

Fully87 likes this.
  2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What's the situation with Liam Morrison? Lenny said he's staying, tabloids said he's going and now a Google search turns up nothing after June.

3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I have no idea how anyone can be satisfied so far this transfer window.

Lawwell ..an audience :56:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Since this threads been open we have probably lost two alleged targets in Sawyers and Smith! the talkceltic curse has struck again!

Fully87 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The only signing of note we have made so far is the french CB. We have been linked with many other quality players but haven't signed any of them. At one point it looked like we were bringing in 4 or 5 quality players so I can see where your optimism comes from. As it stands we need to get our * finger out or this is not going to be a impressive transfer window.

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    With the Smith deal all but dead it leaves us with no credible rumours for RB. Yeah we'll coast through the next round without one if it came to the worst, but we need whoever comes in to get gametime with the squad and integrate properly. I won't start panicking now as i still think we've had a good window so far, but i really hope we've got it sorted before the next rounds deadline (speaking of which, when is that?)

Fully87 and Artorias like this.
  7. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Id believe Lenny before tabloids eh

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Disagree watched the games in Europe when he half arsed ran about the pitch and couldn't be * tracking and marking his man it's no coincidence most goals we cincded last season in CL /el was down that right hand side like someone said his time had come

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Mr Shelby likes this.
  9. freitassen

It is ok so far, but they are only solving a problem they created themselves. Taking five transfer windows to get a CB good enough to improve the team, a backup to Tierney and finally replacing Lustig was criminal. Had they acted when they could, they would not need to deal with all those issues at once. Mind you we still do not have an RB other than Ralston and they can still sell Tierney.

10. john2061

Still think we need to bring in 6 or 7 players and two of them quality midfielders as the transfer window stands the zombies have inflated their squad up and we are a bit thin on certain areas .
    The games between the zombies will be won and lost in the midfield and think we need two quality midfielders as the two games at the bigotdome we struggled against their midfield .

11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'll reserve judgement until the CL qualifiers are at the business end and the start of the SPL season.

The longer we wait for the fabled RB it might be too late to throw him into a qualifier.

We also need another CB and Forward, not projects but top lads! Are we waiting to see who moves before spending again?

It's been a good start to the window, that's all.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We really need players in right now, don't want to be arsing around at the end of the window, don't want to hear that we tried and we are working hard behind the scenes, and how difficult it is to get the right players etc etc......

We've been fed this BS for long enough, good start to the window but it's important that we keep things going and properly address the areas of the team that need strengthening.

As Lenny said himself..................................the players need help !

13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I hate to be negative, but i dont really think any of the signings so far have been really significant. Im going to hold out judgement on Julien, but i really still think we need to add quality in order to get through the qualifiers.

I hope im proven wrong but i just think
    we still need to add a more to the squad.
    That being said, its going to be nice to have a bit of depth at centre back.

Dazzler86 likes this.
  14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    And a new cleaning lady. Need time to bed them in, let them get used to our washing machine etc

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  15. themouth1888

This thread kinda jinxed things :38:

Lilac Wine and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

@Pennywise likes this.

17. celtic warrior

The first season of a new manager always seem to be where they get most from the board.

Personally I'm tired of it all, so I've perhaps got rathe skeptical about it all as I'd be interested to see if history yet again repeats.itself with our manager going into their 3rd season and the board start shutting up shop.

Liam Scales and freitassen like this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Kind of slowed down a bit now.

I'm hoping that's a good thing and something will come out of the blue but we really need to move.

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

This thread * jinxed it. Hope you're happy

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It's getting boring as * now but we're going to end up scrambling for a 5th choice right back unless we get our finger oot.

He (whoever he ends up being) should have been signed weeks ago or Lustig should have been retained. Ralston wasn't trusted that much we shifted our first choice centre half to right back to cover the fact we don't have one.

Lilac Wine and Zander like this.