1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Jozo's a loose cannon for me, seems far too dumb always attempts the wrong thing or makes an * of the basics. He looked to be coming on to a game at the end of last season and went 5 or 6 consistent normal games in a row. But that red card in the friendly, followed by that calamity to concede the corner and then even late on he took a ball down and rather than pass to Ajer or Bain tried to beat 2 forwards and nearly lost the ball.

To me Ajer and Bitton are pretty similar CB both ok defenders, win most headers, decent mobility, good at passing although id say Bitton is better in the air and at passing and Ajer is a better dribbler and more aggressive.

Callum McGregor and tarboltontim like this.
  2. eastcorkbhoy

He has been given terrible stick because of his nationality, by some on this site and others. Nir has always given 100% for the Club. This should be acknowledged. I think he is versatile and can play both centre back and obviously defensive midfield. I think he will have a good season, hopefully injury free and mature players like him help the younger players. Give him credit.

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I wouldn't expect Lennon to come out and say "Aye he'll play a couple of games this season, good back-up". He said something similar about Hendry in that he was excited to see him, i doubt he's going to state the obvious when talking about back-up players

4. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I like Bitton and appreciate his adaptability but he can look a bit lazy at times.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Your right mate guy can’t help where he was born and just like * Germany not every Israelite is an evil *

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  6. Jeremie Frimpong

Few people have a problem with his nationality. Some people have a problem with his military career in the IDF. Most people just recognise that he is an average football player who is content to see out his contract with minimal effort.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I've seen loads of people take issue with his nationality, during his time at Celtic.

8. Jeremie Frimpong

I have only seen a few abhorrent comments that explicitly referenced his ethnicity, nationality or religion.

If people disapprove of his military career in the IDF, and his support for the IDF, that is their prerogative. The merits of those arguments are obviously best discussed in another thread.

I think that most people find it hard to take to him because he is unable or unwilling to fight for a regular starting spot.

Random Review and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Think you’re being incredibly harsh there. He’s never struck me as a guy who doesn’t give a * about his football and is just happy to collect a wage.

He’s just a squad player. He probably knows that’s his place and he’s settled here so why angle for a move?

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Anything to use against him eh.

11. Jeremie Frimpong

He should be challenging for a regular starting spot though. He has the talent; he showed it for a while, and that is why he was given an improved contract.

He is, without doubt, coasting to the end of his time here.

He is no Boyata or Ntcham, he is always respectful, but I do think that he could and should try harder to revive his football career.

Random Review likes this.
  12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Only 27 still.

Indonthink we shoulda been looking to sell, him and Ntcham and using money to strengthen elsewhere.

He does have good qualities, but 1 for me is lacking and that's fight. Personally I don't see where he fits, still not liking his centre half position, lacks commanding.

13. Gully Sands

Fav Celtic Song:
    SAM song
    I've always been an apologist for the man since I attended game against Dundee on my 18th birthday where he scored a belter. My all time favourite Zionist.

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There’s no evidence he’s unwilling to fight for his spot though.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ajer is in a totally different league to Bitton in every possible way as a CB

Seán Mac D and Valhalla like this.
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

For most of us nationality has nothing to do with it.. I don't think he can be faulted for effort and has had his share of injuries.

We just have better options at CB and in the midfield. He does continue to prove himself as a useful utility, happy for him to stay around this season with the amount of games we play.

17. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Going out on a limb here, but I think he'll end up playing a lot more than season than people think. Lenny clearly rates him.

Tommy25 and Ghotti Bhoy like this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Bitton is not better in the air than Ajer for me.

The only thing he trumps him in is range of passing and that's purely down to his natural position being a deep lying midfielder.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This is my point @Vertie

He was out injured for what, a year? I think if he was just concerned about picking up his wages, as opposed to actually wanting to play, he’d have been punted by now.

We just happen to have better centre mids at the club. It’s not a lack of fight that keeps him out of the team.

20. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He definitely has rough edges but a better centre half than Bitton for me.

Bitton is too lightweight and too slow. Jozo is much stronger in the tackle.

Bitton' s strength is his ability to find a pass out of defence quicker. He played an excellent ball out under pressure on Tuesday which opened up their defence and led to our goal.

Overall though it is Jozo for me as he is the better defender