1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

Nicholas is a Sneid , shiny-suit wearing, bouffant barnetted * who sold his Scottish soul out to the English game and sky tv so long ago he probably doesn’t even think or feel that he IS Scottish any more.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  2. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Ye mean the man is a * tube ?

3. Lewis Kerr

It’s not. Their current LB Kolasinac who is distinctly average is on about 120k p/w

4. Maestro 08

Would be a sickener to see him leave but if we work on the theory he will eventually, I wouldn't be against him going down there now for 5/6 seasons, giving it a go and raking the money in, seeing his contract out then coming back here when he still had good years ahead of him at age 28. Rather than staying for the 10 then doing the same but coming back here when he's 30/31 and possibly on the wind down.

5. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His defending is the best thing about him, at the start anyways. Guarantee if you go back to 2016 there will be people on this thread saying he needs to work on his attacking side more.

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Indeed when you see Brighton buying a guy for 18 million and spurs are spending 62 million on a lyib player time for us to set the price higher like everyone else for a change

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

pablo88 likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Paying them what they want to find out they’ve been hiding the fact he has a knee injury all along?

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A few bids to get to what they want.

9. Lewis Kerr

He’s regressed defensively imo. He was faultless in the 15/16 season and very good in 16/17. Obviously good still but I noticed him getting beaten and caught out much more often in the last couple of years.

10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

what age is he 22 23 ?

i'd like him to stay for another year but the board will bite the when the price is right i suspect around the £20m/25m mark

lets be honest though for a minute, hes our young player and i want him to be as good as he can be, he will become even better if he goes down south playing better players means you have to up your game and hes young enough to add to his game and will

this is why we as a club find it difficult competing against european teams as the players arent playing against top players regularly enough

good luck to the kieran he'll tear it up down there

11. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    He has taken a fair few hammerings on the pitch etc over the years so has hampered his progress a little. If he stays and gets a full revocery under his belt I think you'll see the player we all know he can be..especially with a more solid defence. Fingers crossed.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If we sign 2 left backs then he is defo going - papers linking us with all sorts trying to stir it up though imo.

Even if we get Julien over the line we need 2 right backs, a left back and CB still without KT going anywhere!

13. Jenksy

The big fear I have is that KT is willing to sign on for life for say 35k a week but the club won't do it because they feel they can't turn down 40m etc, the thing is we can afford to with the money we have in the bank, there is not a price you can put on having a homegrown legend like KT playing out his career for us ala Paul McStay, but I fear KT knows the club are willing to listen to offers and feels there is no way he can stay even if he wants to.

14. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Sutton saying with man utd paying £50m for bisoko (who is younger with no European or full international experience) we should hold out for the same is spot on, bhoys on a long contract and wants to stay so it should take an exceptional offer to lose KT, as long as our board undersell our quality players * offers is what we'll get. It's embarrassing that a team like Aberdeen is willing to hang on to mckenna until they get their price but we are willing to accept crumbs

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So a few first teamers gone (e.g. Lustig and Boyata) from what was already a team in transition last season, teams sniffing around CM and Ntcham, no finished articles on the transfer horizon yet at least AFAWK), still no head scout, the obligatory "young with potential" development buy just failed his medical and our talismanic, Celtic-supporting star LB is apparently for sale at the right price (with Arsenal inching closer to that).

What a window so far, even for Celtic. Literally couldn't have made it up. :giggle1::giggle1::54:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  16. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Don't want him to go but if is's a decent enough fee and he wants to then i fear it's inevitable. Personally i think and have said before 25M is way too low. They're taking the * and laughing at us. I hope the last laugh is ours. They're low balling us the way we do ourselves. I don't like it and it's cost us in the past.

Another thing is and i thought this anyway prior to this.....Arsenal would be the wrong choice. They're pretty skint in comparative terms and for me are a club looking over their shoulders rather than upwards!! The EL final summed them up for me!! Much as i'm loathed to say it but i can see the snakes Lestar and possibly another out of the pack coming hard at them next year. I think KT is too good for them. Genuinely!!

ps- Charlie Nic!!!:56::56:I'm sititng here thinking i wonder what Charlie thinks of all this!!:84:

pps- i love Chris Sutton!!!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    jake10 likes this.
  17. RiquelmeCSC

Reading some of their fan forums they reckon 20 mil is going to be accepted.

If he goes for 20 mil it just goes to show the board have no ambition. He is the best young talent in the country and should be going for 30 mil at the least.

The problem with a club like Arsenal is they are fickle bunch. One or two crap games and they will be calling for him to be benched and he will end up at a lower EPL club.

Rydo1888* and seanm like this.
  18. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    If that's the case then Lawwel would go from hard negogiator to a * walkover in one foul swoop!!!

I think and hope it's wishful thinking on their part!! They're * clutching more than we are for players but they've got a * * pot compared to the rest to throw about. Shame for them really!!! :56:

19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Lenny being rather vague when asked about KT. Says if his valuation is matched, a decision has to be made..
    Worrying.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think if a bid got accepted from a team like Arsenal he’d want to go but he won’t even ask for it or try force a move.

As soon as he changed agents it was always inevitable.