1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    “Neil understand the business model here well in terms of transfers”

So that’s speak for buying players for no more than £3m then and selling them on!

Dazzler86 likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm still giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. After witnessing what happens when trying to buy success and the fact he's been here while we've won eight in a row and a historic treble treble, I'm not sure he's as self centred as made out to be.

No doubt in my mind he's a Tim, maybe a timid Tim but still a Tim.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  4. Pogues

Anyone doubting he's a Tim is being ridiculous.

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oh sorry if that sounded like I was insinuating folk might have been, I maybe worded it wrong as I was more referring to anyone thinking he's in it for as much a bonus as he can get. Could be folk just messing there but hard to tell sometimes as I'm sure some fans don't like his frugality in contrast to his remuneration. He is worth the money though as I'm convinced he's had offers from other clubs, I think Celtic's way of living within our means in this absolute horror show of runaway moneyed teams is like a shining beacon of sense.

6. Pogues

I think your right mate. Going by some comments on this thread some people do question whether he's a Tim and whether he has the best interests of Celtic at heart.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Lawwell, hands down.

8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hands down but pockets further down? :fear:

jake10 and Gabriel like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Murph-E

His lowball, lowball, lowball tactics may finally be coming back to bite us. A lot of chairmen, cheif execs, agents and managers etc could have a sour taste in the mouth from dealing with him over the years.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    G_portillo and Dazzler86 like this.
  11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Its important to remember that he serves at the pleasure of the board.

Theres a reason they give him that tidy bonus there. He keeps costs down, profits up, risks low, rewards high and most importantly looks after the all important share price.

The board and Dd use him as a lightning rod for fan praise and fan frustration whilst they go about THEIR business.

But petes hyperbole and soundbites are starting to catch up with him, and unless this rancid * board get the finger out and start putting fan concerns to the front and center of their agenda, pete will be the first body to hit the floor.

Personally Id take a * flame thrower to that board room and order lawwell to clean it up.

freitassen, Rydo1888* and Marie like this.
  12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Indeed there is a reason and it's set out in the accounts how he achieves that bonus. I would recommend people read that as that might help reduce the amount of bullshit spouted about share price, costs down - * belter that one given we recently had a wage bill of 60 million quid.

Marie likes this.
  13. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Can't fault him in recent years anyway. If we gift Sevco the title, he should be replaced though of course. Confident that won't be the case.

14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    “The purpose of (LTPIP)which is to link the performance of the chief executive to performance targets which have the objective of improving company performance, the football performance of Celtic FC and generating shareholder value."

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think you might need to re-read it yourself Tim.

It is there verbatim that the "company performance" (profitability) and "shareholder value" (price and dividends) are taken into account along with "football performance" also. That doesn't contradict what @LectersLuncheon has said.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Nah I don't think I do then again I read as far as this part -

"The criteria for the LTPIP to become payable as determined by the Board is that Celtic FC qualifies for and participates in the group stages of the UCL in the applicable financial year"

And this part -

"Under the terms of the ELTIP, in return for these individuals remaining with the Group for a minimum of 4 years up to 30 June 2020, and during that period the Group achieving performance criteria determined by the Board (“vesting criteria”), annual awards are made. These awards accrue in each applicable financial period and are paid at the end of the 4 year period. The vesting criteria determined by the Board are: (i) that the participant is employed by the Group on 30 June in the applicable financial year and at the end of the 4 year period; and, separately, (ii) that Celtic FC qualifies for and participates in the group stages of the UCL in the applicable financial year. Both conditions are exclusive of one another and attract fixed values of award on crystallisation."

So irrespective of the limited parts that have been plucked out (which have debatable actual real meaning but we can ignore that as it will get more technical) he/they will only get a bonus when/if we participate in the CL groups, this obviously makes a wee bit of a difference but, as usual, half the story gets repeated or more to the point the half that fits the narrative.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Encouraging we’re looking at a DOF, if true.

We need a fresh mentality, PL is a dinosaur and we need to move on.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

@LectersLuncheon or myself said nothing to the contrary.

The bonus becomes payable as we qualify for the Champions League group stage but it is dependant on company performance and shareholder value. You're in agreement you just can't see it/aren't willing to admit it.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    So this means its a build up of 4 years worth of money but it is only paid if we reach the CL Group Stage in the 4th year and if the guy is still at the club. So if we're not in the CL in the 4th year they don't get the money? Bit of a scam from us :56:

Or does it roll over the to the next 4th year?

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. Maestro 08

Big investment every 4th season then wind it down. :fear:

Seriously though the champions League thing looks like a smokescreen for the fans benefit. Only required qualification 1/4 and it only makes up a part of his bonus anyway. Not really a huge incentive there on his part to achieve this season to season as far as I can see.