1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

Struggling to get back at it after holiday, diet has went out the window and i feel like *.

Need back at it.

2. Smithy

Finally managed a morning upper body session and feel great for it. Done a 20min HIIT workout in my apartment last night which resulted in me getting the best nights sleep I've had in ages. Rolled out of bed at 5.30 for the gym no bother.

neilly1987 and TimFloyd like this.
  3. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Did a 10k tonight in 45.06. Absolutely flew it (there was no cars on the road which helped as my momentum was never effected.

Definitely the fittest I’ve been in my life. Getting a body composition test done tomorrow (body fat% etc), looking forward to seeing what needs to be improved.

Slaw and Maestro 08 like this.
  4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    CA630D12-EDA8-417A-B580-97CA03172B78.png

Results from the scan thing I did today. I’m happy out and was given what I’m hoping will be decent advice to get a bit leaner and cut the body fat % to 12ish. Booked in for the same in a month so hopefully see solid progress by then.

5. TimFloyd Gold Member

At the gym this morning with a mate, blasted a chest work out.

Incline bench
    Flat bench
    Decline bench
    Cable flys x3 different variations
    Dips

4-5 sets and went heavier than I have done in a long time.

Rotator cuff held up well apart from a wide grip on one of the last decline benches.

Anyway about an hour after the gym my shoulder has felt like it's being crushed in a vice all day, cannot rest on it at all.

That's been near enough two years I've been trying to get by with this injury

Safe to say I'll not be benching 100kg+ again for a very long time if ever.

At the docs next week for another reason but going to bring this injury up see what they say.

Boruc17 likes this.
  6. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    I feel your pain, I’ve Been the same for a wee while, left rotator cuff. Frustrating as *. Was at the physio the other day and got some exercises to do... fingers cross this helps, haven’t done decent weights in a while. Even hitting a bag or pads is sore :55:

7. TimFloyd Gold Member

Aye My left one as well, I took a long lay off like 3 months not doing anything with it and it didn't help.

Hope you get it sorted as it's a really impacts on most things you do.

Anyway going to head back to the gym in an hour do some HIIT and an ab routine.

Boruc17 likes this.
  8. TimFloyd Gold Member

Kinda * off this morning took today off work been smashing workouts like * going heavy and getting in a good amount of sets.

Had zero time constraints this morning and the energy just wasn't there, went through the motions on a shoulder workout then managed to do some HIIT at the end

9. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My last three 5k runs have been 20.29, 20.24 and then I did it in 20.15 today. Getting agonisingly close to a sub 20.

Part of my problem is that I usually start too quickly, I did the first two kilometres today in 3.58 and was shagged by the last two.

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

*.. getting close :giggle1:

Definitely strategy letting you down if you can do a 10k in 45 mins. I almost always do the second half of any run quicker than the first half.

I usually just go at a very steady pace at the start. Basically as fast as I can go without feeling like I'm really pushing it. Then eventually you hit a point where you're in a rhythm and momentum keeps you at that pace.. allowing you extra energy for that late burst.

Actually had my highest paced run ever yesterday. 4:34 mins per km but I only did a little 2.5k. Only reason I went so fast (for me) is because it started lashing rain 30 seconds in :giggle1:

It's mad how much a holiday can set you back but it's good to know it's only a brief thing. I could only manage a 2.5k on my first run back and I was absolutely * even though I was only doing 5:40 per km.

Heading away in a couple of months.. my goals before i leave are:

- sub 23 minute 5k (26:13 is my best)
    - sub 55 minute 10k. (best is around the 60 mark)
    - Run a half marathon (ran 17k a few months ago.. furthers in recent months is 10k)
    - Bench 100kg (best is 90kg)

Saul Goodman likes this.
  11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’m gonna have another crack at a 5k tonight after work, but yeah i am definitely capable of getting it in my next few runs I just need to time it better. 15 seconds seems like * all but it’s an eternity to me during a 5k. :56:

I beat my 10k time last night. Did it in 43.58 and was able to push myself to do the last km in 4.01 so don’t have issues with pacing on the longer runs, just seems to be the 5k’s.

Those targets definitely doable if you stick with it man. I’ve been running 3/4 times a week for about 2.5 months now and my times have improved drastically. 2 months ago my 5k would have been close to 24 mins and my 10k would have been around 54 mins. Just stick with it.

Signed up for the Dublin half marathon yesterday, not until September so I’m hoping Ill be able to do it in under 1 hour 40 by the time it comes around.

Slaw likes this.
  12. stew37

Attempting a trek from maryhill to Falkirk today. Having a couple of cans and a bottle of wine along the way, and have stopped for a pint at the stables in Kirky. Prob defeats the purpose of the fitness side of things but that's been my plan this year, gym through the week and if I'm swallying at the weekend need to do a big trek to balance it out lol. Weights been staying off so must be working.

13. TimFloyd Gold Member

Went to give blood this morning and ended up with three nurses debating on what vein to use because "my bicep was too well developed"

quarrelsomehonorablearacari_gif1.gif

TheHappyLoss, Smithy and Seán Mac D like this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Did they not think to use your non-wanking arm?

15. TimFloyd Gold Member

That was it.... :dancing:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The most Scottish exercise plan ever. :56:

17. stew37

All that's missing is a bit of gear but trying to be healthy. Hope Turnbull has signed by the time am home.

18. TimFloyd Gold Member

Anyone have experience with extended periods of fasting?

I've done the whole IF 16/8 thing but I'm talking like 72 hours fasts? Found an interesting subreddit and considering giving it a go.

19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    First wee run and back in the gym today for the first time in 4 weeks. Ripped the * out the bevyin and eating * so time to get the finger out and hit it hard. Staying away from the bevy will be the first challenge :87:

20. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Wee heads up boys... 2 tubs of gold standard from Holland and Barrett for £37... ends on Tuesday. :50:

Attached Files: