1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidhannah

3 million quid, is huge. Would almost regenerate the entire town of Motherwell, never mind their team! Well done Motherwell for bringing him through!

Crilly and Gully Sands like this.
  2. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Celtic should always snap up the best young players in the country. If we didn't pay the money someone else would have. Hope it gets over the line today.

3. saltire78

Some people bitched about Broony being worth the money too... fact is, if the potential is there, some times you just need to roll the dice. I see a decent player, with great potential. Maybe he'll sink, maybe he'll swim, maybe he'll tell us to * off and go elsewhere... only time will tell

clonbhoy likes this.
  4. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Happy with this signing. I think he will play similar role as christie and get into the box as much as possible. When Christie has been out the team through injuries, that's when we have looked very stale and short of ideas. Turnbull will give us the same energy in the middle of the park that rogic and ntcham don't give us. Fingers crossed this signing is the start of things to come in the window. Positive that we are spending 3m on a youngster nevermind a guaranteed starter. Now for some investment at cb and rb and possibly a back up for KT and we should be relatively happy. Sell ntcham to cover the majority of our purchases

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    McGregor
    Turnbull Christie
    Should give us loads of energy, goals and creativity in that midfield. Be interesting to see if we’re still interested in Harper, Aribo and Connell considering we’ve got the likes of Henderson ready to step up.

Bertie Cauld, mickcfc91 and shaunm like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON stepped out to watch Hibs’ Under-20s — and couldn’t take his eyes off Motherwell’s No 8.

It was the final day of the 2018 season and the Easter Road side had already wrapped up the development league title.

Lennon wanted to take a look at the youngsters who might break through into his team.

But the kid pulling the strings in the middle of the park for Well left the biggest impression.

Fast forward nine months and that same No 8 was scoring Well’s winner in Lennon’s final game as Hibs gaffer.

It’s no surprise the Northern Irishman now wants David Turnbull in his Celtssquad.

Stephen Craigan was boss of the Fir Park kids that day and remembers how Lennon was quick to single Turnbull out.

Craigan said: “We actually had half a team that day but David Turnbull played. I remember speaking to Lenny after the game. He said: ‘I like your No 8’.

I said David was close to the first team and he talked about how he could deal with the ball. It was just a conversation.

“Neil’s last game as Hibs manager was against Motherwell at Fir Park and who scored the winner? The same No8. You wonder if that started to build in Lenny’s head.

He has seen David’s progression. It maybe stuck in his mind he wasn’t bad. You wouldn’t think he’s pushing to sign him on the basis of that game a year ago — but it plants the seed.

“You always tell young players you never know who’s watching or who is interested.

You could see Turnbull rolling his eyes as if to say it wouldn’t be him, because he wanted to play in Motherwell’s first team back then.

“It just shows you if you perform at the right moment somewhere along the line it might come back.

“If Turnbull ends up going to Celtic then maybe it will have been a deal that was done a long while ago — in Lenny’s mind anyway!”

Celtic agreed a record fee with Well for Young Player of the Year Turnbull, 19.

He quickly became a standout after breaking into Well’s first team last October and finished an outstanding campaign with 15 goals from midfield.

Craigan added: “From the first day I walked into Motherwell and watched him train I thought David had something different. He’s got hammer feet.

A midfielder getting 15 goals is a phenomenal return. David just wants to score goals.

“The minute he sees the net he thinks he’s shooting. His accuracy with both feet is terrific. His composure on the ball is superb too.

“When I was at Motherwell, a couple of senior players said it was great because they could give him the ball and he wouldn’t give it back. They could pass it and relax.

RabS, Bertie Cauld and Dazzler86 like this.
  7. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    3 Million! Worth the risk in my eyes. Lets get this sealed today, no hanging about on it!

8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    £3m for a nuclear bomb sounds cheap

Bayern Bru, oh bhoy, Xatraps and 8 others like this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

:56: bargain.

10. celtic warrior

Nice to see we've at least seemingly, not wasted time signing a young exciting Scottish prospect.

11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    :lenny2:

Crilly likes this.
  12. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Didn't know much about the lad, but watched some of his highlights. He is two footed,gets into good positions and can put the chances away..Happy with him and the way Celtic have dealt with the transfer.
    Hope it gets settled and announced asap and we can move onto our next target/s :champ:

13. shaunm

Really like the look of that midfield,McGregors best position imo.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Excited by this guy based on nothing more than what people are saying about him and a highlight clip of his goals last season.

Looks 2 footed, composed and a finisher.

Crilly likes this.
  15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney

Starters: Brown, McGregor, Christie, Rogic
    Back-up: Turnbull, Henderson, Harper, Bitton

Eboue out on loan and Ntcham sold. Ntcham just doesnt fit into our style, doesnt complement Brown, McGregor or Christie and can't defend so isn't an option for when Brown is out.

I don't know about Harper but it seems he is a defensive midfielder and we need one, so i'd rather him than Aribo - I only seen Aribo once against Sunderland but he looked to me like a Sissoko of Spurs style player big runner who carried the ball forward a lot - don't think he'd fit our style either as we need more technical guys to get forward as we're mostly up against walls of defence and clumsier players don't do too well for us.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  16. stew37

Wish they'd hurry up and get it done.

17. rickyroma25

Gully Sands and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  18. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
  19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The bid was only accepted last night. At least a day of discussion about pay.

20. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Worth the risk.

He looks like an Armstrong type, still developing physically and he’s already a big lad. Not many players score that many from midfield so he was always going to cost some serious money. Potentially miles better than McGinn imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.