1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney v Andy Robertson

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Jun 8, 2019.

Discuss Kieran Tierney v Andy Robertson in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    They are very different types of full back.

It's a bit like Maldini v Roberto Carlos!

Tierney unfortunately has to do it week in, week out v top quality or Robertson will always win this argument though. Pretty sure he could comfortably make the step up!

2. Martybhoy87

Amazing how bias the fans are and green tints on the specs. Andy Robertson is the better player. The guy has proves itbweekk in week outbin tje PL and in Europe. Just done what no Scot has done since PL. it’s not clear what tierney could donin a better team but as of now I’d say Andy Robertson hands down.

martin_d likes this.
  3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Robertson is the best left back in the world right now. Can't think of anyone who's better.

Tierney will be as good, when he makes the move. Howrver, he's got a way to go. Let's remember, he's only 22. What's Robertson? 27?

davidhannah likes this.
  4. davidhannah

One man we should not sell. Would give him a bumper new contract, with all the rumours of Arsenal sniffing around. Two more years with us if we're lucky. He'd stroll it in the Premier League.

5. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I dont think what league a player plays in should affect how good he's judged to be as a player. I personally prefer Tierney over Robertson. I think its a disgrace that Tierney has to play right back for Scotland just to give Robertson a game at left back.

Tierney is the better player. The Scottish League isnt as good as the English Premiership. Liverpool are at the moment a better team than Celtic. But neither of these things has any baring when deciding who is the better player in that position.

I mean.......who was better Henrik Larsson or Alan Shearer???

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Andy Robertson is the best Left Back in world football at the moment in my opinion, he has come on leaps and bounds in the last 1 1/2. World Class

KT is however better RIGHT NOW than what Robbo was at 22. Hopefully this operation has finally put an end to the problems he has had last year and he can kick on, as I believe he will be a better player than Robbo in a few years time. KT is 100% better at defending than AR, but when it comes to the attacking/modern side of the LB position Robbo is currently streets ahead. That final ball is something KT needs to work on and Robbo has it almost to a T.

But as mentioned previously it is so typical of Scotland, wait years for a world class player then two come along in the same position....

7. Aidan O’Shea

Robertson and it’s not even close.

8. Darnok

Tierney isn't world class, so not really typical for Scotland.

9. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    But he will be one day though, and we will have two world class LB's!

10. Jeremie Frimpong

Tierney would fit seemlessly into any squad in world football, and he would be an automatic starter for most clubs.

As others have noted, if Liverpool were to swap Robertson for Tierney, there would be no drop off in quality (albeit Robertson and Tierney have different strengths and weaknesses).

Moore likes this.
  11. scootz

Robertson is better than Tierney. No shame in that though!

12. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Robertson is a lot better right now

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    To be fair they played Tierney at right-back as he's more suited to it not to give Robertson a game.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forums/th...onal-team-thread.104973/page-560#post-3058160

Check that page there from May 2016 where I suggested Tierney playing on the right for Scotland and was mocked :fear: