1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons to be cheerful

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Spring Time, Jun 7, 2019.

Discuss Reasons to be cheerful in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Kieran, Rogic, Griffiths, Bitton

Just think about it for next season when hopefully those mentioned above are back playing fully fit.

None of them played up to their own levels or missed most of this season through carrying illness or injury. So there will be an uplift in the team just with these available again & mostly playing regularly.

Sinclair had a very ordinary season by the standard he set so can improve & Christie wasn’t a starter at the beginning of the season, broke through played great then the injuries came & cost game time.

Ntcham was off form after his mate left, hopefully he can find it again.

It should have been kouassi’s breakthrough season in my opinion, then he got *.

Arzanni got * before he broke sweat, I think we have him at least until winter break, he’s highly thought of.

That list of players above returning to regular action & or back to form in anyone’s eyes is impressive. They will be a huge boost for us & give Lenny a great opportunity to drive the team on to more fantastic honours.
    I’m looking at the players mentioned & feeling more confident for Next season already before the transfers even happen.

Hopefully we don’t sell any of them.

We also saw glimpses of nice stuff from Ewan & Mikey, which is promising & hopefully improves next season.

There also the very little guy coming through who seems to have something about him & might feature a bit more.

If we make a couple of good positional signings * the doom & gloom merchants, we’re onto a winner.

2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    + We have won the last nine domestic trophies.

bagforlife, Moore, packybhoy and 11 others like this.
  3. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Bitton yaaaay I'll * skip to work now.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I won't inject pessimism into your optimistic thread but I seriously hope we're not reliant on the players you've listed above next season.

I have gratitude for their contribution towards our recent success but things need to be freshened up, this current squad in it's form is coming towards the end of it's cycle. If we're to continue our success then we can't stand still.

5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This, plus Flag days on its way :50:

Image removed

Although You forgot about the * lights, don't do that again :bash: :62:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Nearly all of the players mentioned above didn’t contribute last season.
    Some did but not to their potential, including KT.

Players will have known well before we did that things were wrong in the background & I’m blaming that as well.

Which of those above?

7. horseshoe

Why would we be cheerful after winning another treble, don't you know this is the darkest time in our history and we're a complete shambles of a club?

Spring Time likes this.
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Kt will be sold

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

No he won't.

There, I just guaranteed that at least one of us will be right.

Not like you to * all over a positive thread. The 20 negative threads you spam not enough for you?

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Sold & loaned back to us.

Best to cover all eventualities

11. Jeremie Frimpong

These players played in each of the nine competitions:

X
    X Šimunović X Tierney
    Brown McGregor
    Forrest Rogić Sinclair
    X​

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Lustig??

Random Review likes this.
  13. Jeremie Frimpong

I didn't include him because he's out of contract. He could still be here next season though, I guess.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I agree many didn't contribute and that isn't only those that didn't play for injury.

Ntcham has completely checked out. Keeping him and risking another season like last with half-hearted performances makes no sense. We need to be trying to get the maximum fee we can (including % sell-on fee) and get everything invested back in to players who want to be here.

Sinclair has been a good servant, his goals have been crucial to our success in the last 3 years but his performance levels have dropped off a cliff. Lennon doesn't fancy him going on his omissions from the squad since he took over and on that leaked document it looks like we'll accept offers if they come in. His £35k+ per week wage would be better invested in someone that's an automatic starter, we can't be frittering that away on someone that is spending a lot of time on the bench.

Bitton again has been a decent servant, particularly filling in at CB when required over the last few seasons. That said he isn't a CB and isn't aggressive enough or moves the ball quick enough to play in CM for us. If we can recoup any sort of fee for him with a year left on his deal then that and his £20k per week would be better invested in someone that's going to compete for a place.

Arzani could potentially play a part next season, happy for him to be in and try to break into the squad. Going on Lennon's reluctance to play the loan players since he came in then he might struggle for game time.

Rogic, class act on his day when he is fit and firing on all cylinders. We need him to get back to that level and consistently stay there, if he can then he's arguably the best player in our team. A total match-winner. I suspect there will be bids for him in the summer which might tempt us, particularly if Lennon is considering going 4-4-2, Rogic does not have the stamina to do a box-to-box role he'd be floundering in that system.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I know Malcolm in goals and Professor at right back. Who are the other 2?

16. Jeremie Frimpong

:giggle1:

17. Murph-E

I don't see the loan issue being a thing with Lennon going forward. We've signed 16 loans in 5 seasons and the leaked document says we'll be looking at more. It's a policy our board love, can't see it changing.

18. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

From what I hear most of them need selling, getting to * or easing out. :celt_2:

19. Jeremie Frimpong

If we make the Champions League proper, we will be in Pot 3.

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  20. oh bhoy

It's not the 90's

Spring Time likes this.