1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Aye mines is a massive variety... it can go from tiesto to queen to Eminem :56:

2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Back at it this week. Weights Monday to Wednesday, Thursday off , went to local pitches and done sprints last night (sore today) and meeting my mate for a run this morning.
    Panic cardio because I agreed to play football tomorrow even though I'm still technically injured and cause I'm getting a wee bit of extra stomach fat from all the beer and food and lack of cardio lately.
    Still want a takeaway (and beers) later though or at least at some point this weekend.

Marty McFly likes this.
  3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Anyone else use the cooked frozen chicken for their grub? I fire it in a tub the night before and put it in the fridge to defrost for the next day.

It * stinks tho! Proper funky smell and you can’t get rid of it from the tubs, no matter how much I wash them

Seán Mac D likes this.
  4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Ran a new PB 3k today :84:

14:00 (4:40 per km). Nothing like a good high paced run to have you proper * afterwards haha.

5. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Well first ever half marathon done in 1:51.47.

Not the best time but * it at the start... lesson learned. * is absolute red raw now with chafe... well at least I hope that’s the reason :56:

6. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Fair play man :50:

In what way did you * it at the start, if you don’t mind me asking?

7. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Well it’s more the organisers fault tbh. There was about 10 toilets for thousands of people, waited in a que for a * for about 40 mins then had to start in a slower group. Got held up to * for the first few miles. There was a point we actually stopped running cos we got caught in a bottle neck. Ah well
    Or ma fault for drinking a coffee before it and needing a coffee jobbie

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

I get the 3 bags for a £10 from Farmfoods - chicken mini fillets, dont need defrosted 20mins in the oven and they're bang on.

9. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Another week back at it, done weights on Sunday which I basically never do and ran yesterday and got football after work.
    The extra stomach fat and weight gain is annoying but only got myself to blame and have started doing more cardio and more reps/sets etc with weights so once the diet and boozing is under control it should all fall into place again. Got a football night out at the weekend and a stag in a few weeks so I'm not sweating it too much.

10. Pearse67*

Been training 3 times a week for 12 weeks, putting on muscle and alot more toned.
    Stubborn little piece of belly fat will not shift haha anything that helps speed this up?

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. TimFloyd Gold Member

Reduce carbs a bit, fasted cardio, HIIT

Slaw, neilly1987 and JC Anton like this.
  12. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I'd increased my carbs a bit lately cause I found I felt tired alot when trying to train after work, and tried to reduce my fat intake because I'd noticed that was high in my pursuit of protein, as was eating a lot of cheese and eggs and stuff. Wonder if this has contributed to recent fat gain aswell as all the nasties?

13. Pearse67*

At the minute im on low carbs and high protein. Some training sessions i am absolutely *, probably because of the low carbs.
    Trying the intermittent fasting just now and actually feel a good bit better physically and mentally.

14. TimFloyd Gold Member

I find it better when on low carb to increase fats and not protein, fats keep you satisfied for longer and you have less hunger cravings.

Too much protein in calories over time can lead to fat gain, protein can be converted to glucose ie stored as fat.

Alot depends on how strict you really are being with your calories though.

neilly1987, Slaw and Pearse67* like this.
  15. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ever since I’ve came off keto I’ve been flat out running and doing body weight exercises at home. My diet has been decent as well, couple of bad days but generally eating well.

Weights pretty much not moved, but I feel and think I look a fair bit thinner, especially noticed my legs are looking thinner, which is something I’d never seen a noticeable difference in before.

Hope it’s just a case of getting leaner and adding muscle and thats resulting in my weight sticking.

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yeah, I’m a fat * again

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    neilly1987 and Slaw like this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I've been continuing to build up my glutes as much as possible. Single leg, leg press at 1.5x my body weight is what I'm building up to. Currently at 10kg over my body weight, and the strength in my legs feels much better than it did a couple of months ago.

Along with that I've been keeping up my usual cardio. Will begin working on core strength when I go to the gym today.

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Played 90mins football on Tuesday night even though I'm still basically * and waiting to hear whether I'll need an op. Good for cardio but meant I had to pie weights that day. Done a sort of rushed 10 sets of 10 barbell squats and curls during Europa League final first half last night to kinda keep the wolf from the door. Maybe try a run again tonight sore legs and weather permitting and hopefully fit some weights in too.

20. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Yo @TimFloyd, do you reckon I should go back to cutting carbs and trying to get as much protein as possible and not worrying about fat intake being higher? Seemed to work fine before and the fat was mostly from tuna, cheese and eggs which I think might be good fats anyway?