1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What must Lennon achieve?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, May 26, 2019.

Discuss What must Lennon achieve? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    As long as we finish in the top 6 I'll be over the moon as wee Lenny is a Celtic man through and through.

2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Stop being spoiled. Dont you know we were * in the 90s.

3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I get you, well I think I do at this crucial time when we're on the brink but isn't it a rule in life we have to accept the whole package of folk who have our best interests at heart, like would Lenny ever have survived the bullets and bombs if he wasn't resolute in his focus of wanting Celtic to win every possible game? If we finish next season on 99 points like his last season here I don't think you'd care where he sat unless it was your seat :s:

richardm likes this.
  4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

10 in a row and a couple of cups.
    Group stages of any European competition and not taking any absolute poundings, especially at home.
    Would like to see the overall quality of the squad improve and some of the dead wood shifted and better football than he's given us this season, although that's not important apparently.

5. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I don't.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ok, don't want to spam the thread but please, when you make statements like that can you put some kind of root in it by linking us to stats or similar quantities that justify your concerns.

Every fan wants the best for the team so if you make a point and it's genuine then maybe we can reassess our reasoning.

It's just getting boring when too many folk are just saying negative things without any proof of how they came to this conclusion.

Keano made a brilliant post on what could be wrong with Lenny's appointment but then turned out to be fishing so my *, it's a great thread cause of the amazing bants but balance it up a bit when in the mood for a critique.

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Next season. The same as any other Celtic manager. CL qualification and the league title. Also I hate saying this as I genuinely would rather we never played them again, however I think a big performance at Ibrox is also required at the start of the season. Psychologically it could make the title so much easier/harder than it could be. I would take two defeats at Ibrox and the title,however like I say it can set the tone for the season.

8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh man that's soul destroying, I had you pinned as having the patience of a St. Not just for me, for everyone. Who is going to protect us now if you're wearing your Service Crew Trackie :55:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He need to show that what we have endured the past 3 months isn't what we are set to endure for the next two years.

Far too much talk was given to "I've not changed much" "I want to keep things the same" and although he didn't switch the style a little bit, the football was every bit as * as it has been for the past 18 months.

So what he needs to achieve for me, is the ability to now step it up and do what he done the first time around and bring the thunder back.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. Belgian_lad

1. 10iar
    2. Over the next two seasons championslg qualification at least once or twice euro lg after winter.
    3. Rebuilding the squad. Getting rid of sone of the older heads and the players who dobt play. Getting some proven quality and young hungry lions in.

neilly1987 and StPauli1916 like this.
  11. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Next season the league , Cl group and a cup . I wouldve wished for that no matter who our manager was .

Peej, neilly1987 and StPauli1916 like this.
  12. DonnyCelt

10IAR

neilly1987 likes this.
  13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I've been in those match threads tearing my hair out but you know what we won through this season ugly more often than not so it shows that there's a mentality about this team and club to carry on. The SMSM and everyone else can bring on the negativity .....just bring it on as it only gets our backs up and when your back is to the wall the only way is to come out fighting!

neilly1987 and TimFloyd like this.
  14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm not disagreeing with any of that but looking at the play off round in August and clubs in it there is * Ajax for starters, a team just seconds from this season's final, the other clubs getting dropped into that round are very strong as well and we need to play 6 games in the summer before we even contemplate those teams.

Of course you right about AEK but that was only the 3rd qualifier and not even the play off.

I stand by my original point and folk would do well to research how * hard this really is now compared with even 2 seasons ago

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Everyone wants to beat us, the only reason they played well was it's like a cup final for them, fans running on the pitch cheering cause they scored against the Title Holders :56: Sutton was right 'A DVD out by the end of the week, where was this performance in January when Gerrard could've made it a title challenge?'

Lenny doesn't have a great record there but I would like to destroy their vanity because they took away our support, it was the same as Murray saying we'll spend double what you do. Why don't they learn from history? Destroying the game to serve an ill fitting purpose of beating Celtic is so narrow minded. The first time they beat us when Ronny was manager they might have had a chance but they had to * it up by shoving a billionaire's nose in it :rofl:

Man if Lenny silenced that hole it would be so funny cause you know he's going to do this :lenny1:

16. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good post and the first point you make regarding signings is absolutely critical in acheiving any of the rest

17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    We ought to put a bet on Lenny going before the panel after the next sevco game :56:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Big Mikel wearing his polis hat defending him :40:

19. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Win the league, a cup and qualify for the CL. I would also be happy with the league and CL qualification.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Champion's League qualification first and foremost would be huge..

The league..

I'd be happy with that this season..

Gabriel, Gyp Rosetti and StPauli1916 like this.