1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What must Lennon achieve?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, May 26, 2019.

Discuss What must Lennon achieve? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye that is one thing we have to give Lenny, he knows we can't always play the Celtic Way in the modern world, it's just insane and the support have never demanded it. We just want to see guile and synergy.

He's proven he can break all sorts of attacking football and clean sheet records in the domestic league.

When some folk are saying the game has moved on and he hasn't it's almost like he managed us in the 70s.

He managed to figure out what to do when we were 15 points behind a financially doped deadys. I've noticed a few folk saying that's cause they were deducted points that season but we caught up and overtook them before any sanctions.

He might not be a superstar but he's definitely capable of addressing problems creating tactical solutions.

Plus I'm convinced part of Rodgers reason for bailing was him realising the exponential pressure 10iar was going to create and the effect it would have on his career if he didn't achieve it was more important to him than the effect it would have on us not creating history.

Lenny is risking so much but he's a fan who is willing to put the club before himself, this is not a shop window for him, Barca couldn't prize him away in the next two seasons if he's managing a winning Celtic season.

2. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Imagine winning 5 trebles and 10iar :100: i'd be over the moon with just the next 2 league titles.

3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Honestly, stop talking complete *.

4. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Regarding the CL Group stages it's important folk take a step back and realise that is a harder thing to achieve than ever before thanks to the corrupt UEFA and their new competition structure, even the rat failed to qualify in his one season in the new format and as much as I would be gutted to not reach it I am also realistic that more decent teams than ever before are fighting over the scraps in terms of places available, reaching it would in my view be a bigger success than ever before

Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: Just pished myself there, it's funny cause it's true :57: :notworthy

6. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    If we couldn't beat * AEK Athens over 2 games with our wage bill being at 60 million do you really think we deserve to be in the champions league?! However I do agree we should be entering at a later stage. The fact is we should be beating these sort of teams in the play-offs, our budget (which is always used as an excuse when we lose against the richer European clubs) is so much more than any play-off team we will face! If Lennon gets around 10m to spend on players the bare minimum is getting to the play-offs again.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    CL qualification is the big test, and I will judge Lennon on the basis of that, first. I think we should be able to win 10 IAR anyhow.

8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    What a stupid post to make, how on earth can he fkn do that.

Come on? Bring back Irn Bru original, Where's your head at? Impossible! The other 2 are a piece of * and miminum expectation.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Hate to say this mate but I will put up with anything at all just to get to the 10! In saying that if he get's quadruple treble he will achieve sainthood in my eyes:56:

10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He made the Irn Bru thing up cause he was struggling to find something Lenny might not be able to achieve.

@Jeannie960 there's nothing wrong with saying that cause you know for sure in the next two years there are only two trophies in the forefront of every fans mind :62::62: It's impossible not to feel shivers just imagining it happening. * the Group Stages, CL or Europa, * the Cups, we are waiting on planning permission to get a larger trophy room. Just bring the 10 home Lenny so we can reclaim for the Lions what the liars stole from us.

Jeannie960 and dbhoy72 like this.
  11. tommycar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    League numbers 9 and 10, that's it for me. I'm not that bothered about the cups or Europe, the next two league campaigns are vital.

12. Martybhoy53

I hope he remains calm and not the NL we used to see where he ends up in the stand a lot of the time. Attractive, attacking, fast tempo football.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  13. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The ONLY thing that matters now are the next two league titles and I don’t give a * how we win them whether it’s 1-0 borefests or 4-0 showstoppers.
    After everything we’ve been through and this * awful backward bigoted * hole of a country it is all that matters to sock it right to them.
    Europe can * off for two years, so can the cups.
    We get to 10 and the revenge and bragging rights are ours forever.
    All the rest is just shnizzle.

14. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Win the league and do much much much better in Europe.

Ghotti Bhoy and neilly1987 like this.
  15. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Sign players that will reassure the support -ie prove he’s the backing of the board and the sway to convince quality players to the club

Champions league qualification

Bury the huns in the derby and start domestic season playing quality attacking football

Stand up and be counted in the champions league - don’t roll over and get embarrassed

Win the league with a bit to spare and hopefully win the domestic cups. Certainly not give up the treble without a fight

And have serious momentum going into 10 in a row season so we can laugh at the huns throwing the kitchen sink at stopping us

At this point create a real unity within the club because media will be doing all the can to disrupt this enviability

Confirming the thunder is HERE

richardm, neilly1987 and Lilac Wine like this.
  16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I love your full on no holds barred single mindedness when it comes to us but my * if I was sitting next to you at a game I'd be like calm down you crazy * :50: :56:

blackfish and Jeannie960 like this.
  17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Bare minimum is 2 titles also needs to win a couple of Cups and European group stage. Right now I worry about Lenny doing this.

He is already getting the leeway.

Pablo87 and neilly1987 like this.
  18. sabzz1888

9 & 10, Cups & Europe do not matter one jot.

blackfish likes this.
  19. TimFloyd Gold Member

Easier said than done, you just need to look at some of the match threads.

And that is what's worrying, if next season doesn't get off to a flyer then the fans will be on his back much sooner than they would be usually.

Jeannie960, Pablo87 and neilly1987 like this.
  20. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Is asking for the team with the best players, highest wages, etc in the country by some distance to play with a bit of flair and style an "expectation of grandeur"? Surely not?

Keano88, richardm and Pablo87 like this.