1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RiquelmeCSC

I don’t think it’s as simple as that.

He is a fan living the dream of playing for his boyhood heroes and the possibility of a triple treble is something I doubt we will ever see again. To be part of that at a club you’ve supported since birth is something you’d never miss in a million years.

I think the club will have wanted to send him for his op but he probably has said no way I need to play some part in this.

Drakhan and Lancashire Nick like this.
  2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I don't think he will play the final, he's too * but he will be put on the bench to get the winners medal and be a part of it. Seems thats why he's been left to hang around. Similar to Dembele in the invincible season where he wasn't fit but was put on the bench.

In hindsight Tierney should have had the operation after the League Cup final and he'd probably have been back up to speed by March and fine now. Now we've dragged him on for 6 months for no reason as he's not even been playing well and now he will be rushed back for the European qualifiers.

In future there should be no * about.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No player is bigger than the club. He should be told he's not playing.

He could and should have had this operation weeks ago. Can't understand why we've been fannying about for so long.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's ridiculous he hasn't had this op..

In fact he could've just had it in January or even up to March and had a chance of actually being fully fit for this and pre season..

Nah but that's too simple ay..

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

What’s the point. He’ll have a average game and be subbed off early 2nd half.

Should just get his operation done and get back to fitness and hopefully we will see the KT of previous seasons.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That is putting it too simple mate, an op needs to be last resort. Need to give it time to heal itself and if that can’t then you go under the knife.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I heart what you're saying Dev but it was obvious after a while that he would need one..

Instead we've played him when he's half a cripple and in complete agony..

You can go back in here and plenty have been calling for the op for some time. I just feel like we've delayed and delayed it so he could do a job for us, rather than waiting to see if he healed his self. He should be in recovery now for me..

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It’s a disgrace they way we’ve managed KT..

Re-Signing Izzy was a joke too, clearly inadequate cover.. I might have mentioned it..

Marty McFly likes this.
  10. celtic warrior

We need him at his best, let him have whatever treatment is needed now. Have an extended break and push hard in training.

He's pace, running power and tackling down the left have been sorely missed and we should do everything we can to make sure next season he's fighting fit. For him this season is finished.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. XTierneyx63x

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Want him to play some part on Sat! He will want it! Even if it’s just a small part

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We shouldn’t have been playing him either but getting him under the knife as the first option I’d have been * furious.

Just because the bhoys hard as nails doesn’t mean we should take advantage of that, we need to be the older, wiser, more experienced heads because he’d run through brick walls with for us even if he was physically incapable of.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    No arguments whatsoever on that second part mate :50:

I find it disgusting how he's been managed to be honest..

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    The bhoy would run through brick walls and put his own health in jeopardy for Celtic. I totally understand why he wants to play on, and why he wants to be a part of a Treble Treble. For his long term career, the club have to look after him better. It's too late now, let him sit on the bench and get his medal on Saturday (he deserves it), but going forward, somebody in authority has to put KT's long term welfare above short term gains.

If we want him to be a modern day Danny McGrain, we have to look after him and protect him.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

INJURY-HIT Kieran Tierney has found sitting on the sidelines hard to swallow.

Almost as tough to digest as being stitched up by mocking Celtic pals — leaving him to pick up a £1000 restaurant tab.

A social media video clip of the comical moment in a smart Glasgow steak restaurant quickly went viral.

It showed a gutted Tierney with his head buried in his hands as he contemplated the huge bill. But he was feeling grand about it the next day.

And the 21-year-old — chasing a THIRD Treble with his boyhood heroes at Hampden on Saturday — said: “If you ask me if the pain of the dinner was sorer than my injury, then I’d have to say it isn’t.

“But it was a FIX! It was horrible. I knew as soon as they did it, it would be me. I hate card roulette.

“I knew it would be me, as it’s just my luck. ”

Tierney’s ferocious desire to play every game for Celtic is driving him on to be fit to face Hearts in the end-of-season showpiece.

He also made it clear his appetite to be successful with his childhood heroes is nowhere near being on the wane.

SunSport understands there’s every chance Parkhead chiefs will be faced with massive summer bids for Tierney from English and European sides.

But the academy graduate — blooded by Ronny Deila four years ago and now with 170 games to his name — is in no danger of being distracted, as he’s in Paradise with still four years left of his bumper contract.

Of his hernia injury, Tierney said: “I’ve spoken to a few people who have been in the same situation. Broony’s been through it as well and I’ve been speaking to him.

The only cure to remove the pain is to get the operation, so until that happens I’ll still be going through the pain.

“Most people will say I’ve played too many games, but lots of people who haven’t played 170 games have ended up with double hernias, so you can’t just blame it on a lot of games.

Maybe it’s a factor, but in all the games I’ve played I’ve felt great. I’ve not been struggling with injury.

“Obviously since this it’s been a bit sore. Maybe it’s different surfaces, different grounds. You never know.

“I push myself for every single game, I want to play every game.

“This is another massive game on Saturday and I’d be gutted to miss it, but as long as Celtic win that’s the main thing.

“It would be great to get another medal but it’s ‘IF we win’.

“We need to concentrate on that. If it all goes well then we can talk about that after it.

“It’s crazy, and I’ve said it before, but you dream about playing for Celtic.

“No team has been in a position where they’ve done a double Treble — and we’ve won two trophies this season with the chance to win one more.

“It is crazy and something we’ll probably never have the chance to do again.

“I’m really grateful to be where I am and I don’t take anything for granted at this club.

“You always want to achieve in football the most you can, and winning trophies here is what I’ve always wanted to do.

“While I’m doing that just now then I’m happy. That feeling hasn’t gone away. It isn’t any less because I’ve done it before.

“Every trophy feels better than the last one.

“If you work hard all season for a trophy and get one, then it feels so sweet — and I want to do that again next season.”

Tierney’s been impressed with interim boss Neil Lennon, and said: “He’s been great for us since he came in.

“He’s steadied us when we needed it. That has been so important, it has been so crucial for us. We wouldn’t have won the league or been in this position without him.

As soon as he came in there were two tough games with Hearts away and those games could have changed our season.

“For him to come in and do that so quickly and have an impact on us every day in training was massive for us.

“For me, I’m really enjoying it. I may be playing through pain but I’m still playing with a smile on my face and enjoying every minute and learning from him.

“I have had meetings with him as well which I’m learning from. John Kennedy has also been a massive help to me, as has Damian Duff.

“The manager knows how to win, as he’s been here before as both a player and a manager.

“He knows what he’s talking about and that’s a big thing, which gives all of the players confidence.”

Tierney, meanwhile, is choked about missing out on Scotland’s Euro 2020 double-header next month.

He added: “It’s disappointing to miss these games, as you want to impress the new manager.

You want to put your stamp on his mind as well now that he’s just in.

“The manager has come in now but I’ve played against him, so he knows me, but I’ll be gutted to miss these games.

Everyone has spoken about the job he’s done at Kilmarnock — and for them to finish where they did is incredible.

“All of that positivity which is surrounding him just now can only be good for the national team.”

Lancashire Nick likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    If the bhoy says he can play he can play!

19. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    The attitude that got him here in the first place

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Put him on the bench. The rest of team better do better than they did last weekend and score lots more goals then put KT on for last 15 or 20 mins.