1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic’s next permanent manager

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic’s next permanent manager in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Still have Moyes before Lenny tho.. :54:

2. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    I heard from a friend who is quite well off and knows a few at celtic, said theres a chance wenger might be our new manager.Apparently we approached him with a decent offer. No doubt a few teams will be after him though.

3. Richmal

in my opinion, Moyes is far better option than NL, we need a NEW manager, new direction and impetus, even if its Moyes. If NL gets this job I'm devastated, and worried, remember, big jock wasn't the most exciting manager,( moyes) anyway, not giving up on Rafa!, why would he not have announced he was staying at Newcastle by now, Rafa is a man of honour, he would not take job while Lenny in it, i may be wrong, but heres hoping, but NL should not be next manager, a legend, but we need to move forward, the Huns are desperate for NL appointment, so are MEDIA, all the hun lackeys like charlie adam trying to say Lenny is the man, wake up and smell the Coffee folks!

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh shut up!

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Would rather have Moyes over Lenny tbh.

6. Richmal

best post of the day!

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Only reason I would is because Moyes would demand more money for rebuilding the squad. It’s how he uses it and his overall management style that worries me.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He knocked back the PSG job because he’s had enough, but he’s coming to Celtic. :56:

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Tbh mate i think the money will be made available regardless of who it is, the Board have no other option this summer, they know that quite a few players will be leaving and so will their hefty wage bill.

We have to do more to reduce the deadwood, granted it's not easy, but some amount of money is being taken oot the club by players who are stealing a wage.

The last few transfer windows have been poor, we cannot afford cheap options this summer, now is the time to flex our financial muscle.

DennyCelt and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've been the exact same kinda of the thinking that Moyes wouldn't be the worst appointment at all..

That video has erased that..

I'd still take him over Lenny as we stand though..

Hopefully we get better than both but Moyes being up the last few month's and Clarke getting the Scotland job has made it seem pretty obvious. Hopefully too obvious..

Looks like a super model compared to his youthful day's. Unrecognisable :giggle1:

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I totally agree, but those in charge are the ones signing off all these players that aren’t good enough. If they * this summer up then questions really need asked of what exactly Lawwell is doing for his money.

bagforlife and The Prof like this.
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

Lennon has been showed up in the past (and quite recently) for being tactically clueless at times, as has Moyes.

Moyes has won nothing (other than a community shield), Lennon has won trophies and oversaw us qualifying for the CL, as well as Europa Leagues.

Moyes would be stepping in to a football league where - personally speaking - he wouldn't want to be if given the choice, Lennon would walk his ginger bawsack over broken glass to manage here permanently.

I'm not saying I think Moyes would be a disaster here, but I think he's just an "English" managerial version of Lennon, except more expensive.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

This is gonna be like going to Ibiza having too many trebles and when you look back you think how the * did I miss out on her.. It was on a plate. :56: * trebles and * disco biscuits.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Bigger managerial name. Worked at a higher managerial level for a much longer time, at various different club's and even la liga. No saying he was successful but that leads me on to him being far more experienced..

Moyes is well down my list by the way, but it could be a shrewd move..

We've seen what Lenny has brought second time round, and it hasn't been great to put it mildly for me. For someone who would walk over broken glass (and I don't doubt that), he's looked miserable, tired and pretty cluelessly out of idea's..

At least Moyes would bring a natural freshness being a completely new face and put his stamp on it....as well as having his own player's in mind..

Nothing is a guarantee success wise, but I feel he'll do a better job for us than Lenny. You can already see that mob praying and chomping at the bit for Lenny to get it. I don't think they'd be quite as smug about Moyes..

I'll stress again though, I'd rather someone else. A better manager or a younger more progressive coach that doesn't talk about pressing and inside wingers like he brought it to the game for a start..

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Is there a pun in here I’m missing? :39:

17. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This is my biggest fear if moyes gets the job. We're celtic! We should be on the front foot domestically and respecting nobody in our league. Tactically inept and would be boring to watch.

D'Ecosse likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That was my excuse everytime I never pumped anything abroad :fear:

JC Anton and bagforlife like this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    More like pulling a last minute munter in the Savoy and ending up back at her gaff in Cumbernauld. Then having to pay £40 in a taxi home in the morning wae yer baws howling!

bagforlife likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Should get the job..

Better no get the job..

Xatraps and Dazzler86 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.