1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by littlekennie, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss Game of Thrones in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

Rushed.

Squeezed 2 or 3 seasons worth of story into 6 episodes.

2. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    How is he the commander of the most powerful army? Most of the unsullied are dead, Dany started with only 8000 unsullied and they have fought in all of her battles since season 3, at most there are maybe a couple thousand left occupying a city that hates them

3. This Charming Man

I think I only carried on watching it after Season 4 because of how much time I'd previously invested in it. I couldn't ever bring myself to enjoy it as I did the first 4 seasons. It just seemed to get worse and worse as time went on. The surprise factor definitely disappeared over time. There were obviously a few good episodes here and there beyond Season 4, but overall, it was quite dreadful. This is a shame because, for the large cast it has, their casting was pretty much flawless throughout. Shea was a pretty terrible actor and Emilia Clarke's acting was pretty limited, but overall their casting was great.

Season 8 is the pinnacle of bad writing. I'm glad it's over now, but I wouldn't have minded it going on for 4 more episodes and another season of 10 eps after that. It's been said repeatedly, but the best way to describe it is 'rushed'. Everything just seemed underwhelming. The ending, the way characters were killed off, the greatly hyped battles, the resolutions afterwards. In the words of Kit Harrington, 'disappointing'.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  4. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I enjoyed it this season , but I do admit being a wee bit disappointed in last nights finale ( apart from drogon and the throne ). got them all stored for a rainy day .

PaulM1888 and celtic warrior like this.
  5. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Just finished it. Thought it was a fantastic ending.
    Loved it from start to finish. Personally I tend not to over analyse tv or film. It was just hugely entertaining.
    Still don't think the show is anywhere near as good as the likes of The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad or Lost.

6. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

A colossal letdown. Should have been another seasons worth of episodes to wrap up the story. Instead it's been squashed into 6 episodes and arguably one of the greatest shows ever has ended a rushed mess.

So disappointed. Zero thought put into it.

So much left unexplained too.

7. celtic warrior

Burn the heathen, ridiculous thing to say.

Lost had 1 brilliant season but was utterly * rotten afterwards, also has one of the, if not, the most hated and worst ending to any long running show.

Anywho, GOT show runners had backed themselves into such a corner there was nothing they could have done but end it like they did, cheesey greyish happy ending which is a little disappointing but all in all it was a decent watch.

First 4 seasons were unparalleled TV, literally nothing like it, the next 4, not as great but still some of best TV around. I suppose in the end you'll seldom find a show that can end well.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  8. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

For the record. I wouldn't have had a problem with it ending this way if they'd just taken the time to do it properly. It feels so shallow ending as quickly as it did.

9. Dallas Cowbhoys

Thought Brienne writing in that book about Jaime that Joffrey took the * out him for was a nice touch.

Thought the season was pretty poor to be honest, although at least I’m not overly fussed about it finishing now.

Not even any * in it anymore.

Artorias likes this.
  10. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The king slayer shagged Brienne and then dumped her for his sister the very next day.
    Most women wouldn’t be so generous.
    The first seasons were terrific and the nudity was always an added bonus.
    Jon snow could at least have ripped dany’s clothes off before he killed her

Artorias likes this.
  11. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

All the build up about the night king and the army of the dead and he's dead in an hour and a half. The "long" night. What was the story behind him anyway? All that symbolism? Not important apparently.

Bran is the 3 eyed raven and it's super important because its all his character has been about for 7 seasons - if he dies we're *. But we can't be bothered telling you why. Just take our word for it.

All the build up about Jon Snow's true lineage last season and it amounts to pretty much nothing. He's all about honor and doing the right thing for 7 seasons and then he was suddenly castrated off screen before season 8.

Somebody flips a switch on Dany's back and she's now a child slaughtering nutjob dictator.

The smartest man in Westeros, Varys, killed off in 10 minutes. But at least we saw him taking his rings off. Thank *.

The annihilated Dothraki make a miraculous recovery. Along with the unsullied, the bulk of whom were slaughtered at Winterfell.

Nobody can see Euron's ships coming because they're not at war or anything.

There are so many ridiculous questions about this season, the majority of which are a result of it being rushed and poorly written.

12. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Agree with all of this.
    The Jon Snow actually being a Targaryen thing was the biggest let down for me. I expected this to be the main storyline this series and, in the end, it was glossed over really wasn’t relevant at all.

13. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Avoided this thread from the start incase any spoilers.
    * me, they totally ruined what coulda been an all time great show. Glad it's finished tbh. Far too many stories not cleared up and not explained. Easily the worst season yet, felt rushed and tacky.

paulie walnuts and neilly1987 like this.
  14. M 67

Certainty that Arya will get a spin off.

Hopefully new cast for all these spin offs (believe there’s like at least 9) will breath some fresh life into it.

Can’t believe it’s over though. If that season was the first, you’d be lucky to get a couple of seasons outta it!

paulie walnuts likes this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Odd season. Started off *, reached an all time low, and then plumbed new depths of shiteness in the season finale.

What a way to absolutely butcher a show. The writing had dropped off steadily after season 4 but until this season it was still must watch tv. I can’t say I was even looking forward to watching tonight’s episode, and I was still let down.

Jon murders the queen while she’s surrounded by her troops. This bizarrely triggers the first democratic process in the history of westeros. Who should they pick as king/queen? What about the guy who fell out of a window years ago, is always annoyingly cryptic, and best served as a human bait ball for the Nigh King? Let’s go with him because......stories?

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nailed it.

Agree with @paulie walnuts as well, regarding the Aegon Targaryen reveal. Seriously, what was the point? He may as well have just been Ned's *. It would have changed nothing about the story.

All those years of build up to it, about 4 separate reveals of the info on the show to different characters. Just for him to be sent to the wall anyway? Perfect.

17. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Wonder if Bran the Broken :56: ever found out where Drogon was hanging about. You would think a dragon that just destroyed the city might be a threat to the Kings Landing happy ending.
    Also good to see the wall intact at the end. Could have sworn the night king ripped the whole * thing down at the end of season 7.

18. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Was just the very end near the coastline it tore down. Found that last episode abysmally bad. Just so ridiculously unsatisfying.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Brexit in a nutshell.

20. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    [​IMG]

Also Bran's actor has already spoken out