1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

He’s really bad. Like really bad

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Or a second string Hearts side.

Not sure what people are seeing in him. His technical ability is approaching Burke levels of *.

3. Maestro 08

It was his first game back after a long time out so I won't be too critical of him. But let's be honest for a minute, If he had a stormer yesterday you would be the first to be saying 'aye but 2nd string hearts team so disnae count'. Boy can't win.

No he's not the most technical but I still think there's something about him. If others don't then I won't lose sleep over it.

Tommy25 and Random Review like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s played many, many, games for Celtic so folk definitely aren’t using the weekend as a stick to beat him with.

He’s just a very limited footballer, don’t doubt he’ll have a career somewhere but it won’t be at Celtic.

Slaw, Gyp Rosetti and shaunbhoy67 like this.
  5. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Being an inquisitive young lad I'm sure he will be reading through the various Celtic forums and whatever level of confidence he has will be shot to #### reading some of the quotes on this one. Is it too much to ask for constructive criticism instead some of the cheap jibes that are being thrown out. I remember a few years back the same treatment being given to Callum McGregor ?

FranceCelt likes this.
  6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Calum McGregor has never been a limited footballer.

The Forum is for opinions not happy clappers. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as some make him out to be. If you want to take a look at a * full back then the other side if the park is where it was abundantly clear.

Ralston is light years ahead of Toljan both defensively and in an attacking sense. His touch wasn't there on Sunday, but I would keep him as a very capable back up to hopefully a new and exciting right back coming in.

freitassen and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  8. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I'm a long way off from being "A Happy Clapper" and if I was are you suggesting I have no right to offer my opinion ?? I would ask you to do some research into CMcG of a few years back when he was being written of with "constructive criticism".
    Your final words that "he'll be fine" will cheer him up no end, he is one of our own and should be treated with modicum of respect, irrespective of anything else.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Where have I disrespected him? By suggesting he isn’t good enough for Celtic?

If a random stranger on an Internet forum effects him that much he was never cut out to play for us in the first place.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I at no time suggested you disrespected him, you answered my email directed at some others who in my opinion were over the top with their remarks. However your last sentence displays a complete lack of understanding for the situation.

11. The67Sound

He's a decent player but needs to work on his delivery big time. Needs a loan I would say, bring in a new starting right back a.s.a.p, Lustig as back up this year, have a look at Ralston next summer to see if he is good enough to become back up...

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He's an English league one standard player in my opinion. Lower championship at a push.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Yet we've had plenty of success with players of that "level" in the past.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Again peoples insistence of trying to judge Celtic by English leagues.

It’s so * confusing. We talking Daryl Murphy or Teemu Pukki lighting it up or Leigh Griffiths scoring 40 goals in a season for us and not lighting it up down there?

It disny make sense

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Difference is we signed them and they stepped up.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

What do you mean? My point is that I don't think he will ever surpass that standard. There are of course Championship and League 1 players capable of playing at a higher level (e.g. Celtic).

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Nah mate, the difference here is we are talking about a 20 year old lad who hasn't had any kind of consistent game time to improve at this level - and that's inbetween serious injury and time away on loan.

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I think you've got my comment backwards. My point is that he will never make it at Celtic but he could carve out a career at the likes of Rotherham I would imagine.

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

You haven't written him off yet and that's fair enough. Personally I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he could have a decent career at Celtic. He is average in every sense of the word.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

I mean exactly what I said. You deem him to be at that level, I'm telling you we've had players from that level (or thereabouts) come in and do a good job in the Hoops.

I'm not sure of the exact stats, but I'd be guessing Ralston has played less than 10 games all in for us. He's 20 years old, and is signed to us for another 3 years or something.

I'd be more inclined to deem his level of standard after I see him play, off the top of my head, maybe 5 games on the trot for us at RB, instead of the odd wee appearance here and there...

Tommy25 and Liam Scales like this.