1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Timothy Weah

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 7, 2019.

Discuss Timothy Weah in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. freitassen

It is really not very serious, from both sides.

We have 3 matches left that Weah could potentially play. Two are dead rubbers. The other he will be unavailable. Would make sense to give that valuable game time to youngsters who will be here next season.

From Weah's side, it is a game that at best he will play 10 minutes, looking by the last formations and team selections. He would certainly miss the first match, depend on the best travel arrangements to catch the second and play after barely training with the team, and the third match could be the last. He has absolutely no reason to put us above the country, and to be honest, looking back when Roberts declined to be with the England squad (who eventually won the title) to play the cup final, I think it was a mistake.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Crystal Palace & Rennes have positioned themselves to purchase Timothy Weah

RMC report this evening that United States international attacker Timothy Weah is set to be sold by PSG this summer, after a moderately successful loan spell with Scottish outfit Celtic.

Crystal Palace, Rennes and a third unnamed club have positioned themselves to purchase the son of the President of Liberia and Ballon D’Or winner George Weah.

Initially, there were talks about a second loan spell with Celtic, but on Friday the 19-year-old said goodbye to the Scottish club via social media network Instagram.

Weah’s 2018-19 campaign is not yet over, he will link up with the United States’ U20 side to play in the World Cup in Poland starting on the 23rd of May.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...sitioned-themselves-to-purchase-timothy-weah/

3. celtic warrior

Hmmmmmm, if there was even a single tiny molecule of truth to this, I'd be interested to see a Palace attack containing Zaha and Weah.

4. CMacgregor93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You Never Walk Alone
    Palace could really strengthen with him if this is true, but I for one would love to get a second year with him. CL experience would be good for him.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Viduka and Boyata hung us out to dry when we needed them most. They didn’t have a decision to make between two teams, they didn’t have to depend on a deal being agreed. They actively choose to not play for us, over what?

Weah hasn’t done that. He might not have even played, we don’t depend on him like we did Viduka and Boyata. Unfair to tar him with the same brush but that’s your opinion not mine.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I didn’t say it was your opinion. There’s obviously scales of wankerness, Boyata and Viduka topping it but it’s the same thing for me. You are either all in for us or not

Gabriel and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  7. Mr. Slippyfist

Those two at the start, aye the difference is that those two were first team players RELIED upon, Weah is a wee social media fud, the stuff I've read about him and FROM him since yesterday is that cringe-worthy it would make you throw up.

* are *, and them 3 are all *.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

TIMO WEAH is desperate to get a chance at PSG next season despite being transfer-listed.

The former Celtic loan star returned to France last week after his spell in Glasgow was cut short.

It came after the 19-year-old decided to miss out on the Scottish Cup Final in order to play for the USA at the Under-20 World Cup.

Weah has now been informed that he’s available for transfer this summer with PSG not seeing a future for him there.

But he hopes he will get the opportunity to prove himself for the Ligue 1 giants.

Speaking to French radio station RMC, Weah said: “I hope to return to PSG next season and meet the expectations of the club and the coach and me.

My ambition has always been to be a PSG player. I developed at the club and it has always been a dream.

“And it still is; to have the level to evolve in such a strong team with these incredible players.

It remains my goal.

“I like this club and I have been there for four years. Why not more?”

During his time at Celtic, Weah scored four goals in 17 appearances in all competitions.

He is attracting interest from Rennes and Crystal Palace for next season and will have a decision to make when he returns to Paris this summer.

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Tell that to him...
    [​IMG]

10. oh bhoy

Bring him home

11. Goggzy60

We should definitely look at him on a permanent transfer

Murph-E likes this.
  12. freitassen

Yeah, I should have said, career wise. He certainly doesnt regret it. But he would have been better off as a world champion. Nevermind, this is why we need Roberts back no matter what makes sense tactically, financially or whatever. It was beautiful to see this guy playing

JML67 likes this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wouldn't take him unless it's a very good deal.

14. Murph-E

100%. Would be a great start to a much-needed feel-good summer window. Haven't had one since Rodgers first arrived.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  15. Goggzy60

Yeah I agree I have started hating transfer windows recently we always seem to sell and not replace.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    neilly1987 likes this.
  16. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

good player but he still lacks some key attributes.. think he will either become a top top player or could be in the championship or back in the mls in a couple of years

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Decent player with good potential.
    For 3 million or less we should snap him up, PSG will probably want 8+ however.

19. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

And the rest they made us pay 9 mill for eddy

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    While Lennon is manager Weah wont be back.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.