1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My eyes as a fan are in the price next 2 years are all that matters the now!

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

And we need a strong squad for that to happen, Turnbull has proved he can score and create at this level already, would be daft to pass on him when we have the cash.

3. clonbhoy

Rogic plays in a position that luxury players usually fit in. I do agree that work rate was something Rogic needed to work on, even when fit, but it is comparing apples and oranges to try and compare Rogic to Ntcham.
    Ntcham is inexcusably lazy. Laziness can be excused when it is backed up with other elements of the game, but he isn't doing any of them and has been a waste of a shirt for a very long time. His ability has been shown in flashes, usually in games with a media spotlight, otherwise he doesn't want to know. He is a prime example of the failings in our transfer policy. He was bought on ability alone, with nobody doing their homework on his mentality and determination. Ntcham is streets ahead of Christie in terms of technical ability, passing and skill, yet who has done more in a Celtic shirt?

As an aside, I think Rogic can be moved on too and not just because of his work rate, but because he looks flogged and I am not sure we can get him back to his best in the foreseeable future.

4. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    Don't really understand how it's "apples and oranges" comparing two central midfielders in terms of an intangible, mental attribute like 'laziness' which can be perceived pretty universally at any position. And I've still yet to see how Ntcham lacks determination. I think that opinion itself is lazy and can't really be substantiated at all. We don't know what his specific directions have been in the limited times we've seen him in matches over the past few months, and we need to take into consideration how the abrupt leaving of the rat will have mentally affected a lot of these younger players, especially the foreign ones that he had brought in and really instilled his footballing philosophy in. I'm not trying to make excuses for his very poor season and I acknowledge there are tons of criticisms that can be leveled at him-- he's made tons of slack passes and costly mental errors in the middle of the park when we've seen him lately-- but I just really hesitate to write him off as "lazy" because he lacks the engine and tenacity that guys like Christie have. Disagree entirely that he exemplifies the 'failings' of our transfer policy like you say. To me he's been one of the only real bright spots of ambition in our signings over the past few years, even if this season he hasn't shown it.

5. clonbhoy

f
    Rogic isn't a central midfielder, that's why. That isn't excusing Rogic, just the parameters are different.

6. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The wrong ones sadly

7. Martybhoy53

A lazy attitude and he would rather not be here. Get him to f**k.

clonbhoy likes this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

They will get 8-10m for him. Anything more I would be surprised.

9. TheHappyLoss

Doesn't look interested , imagine he's already got a move sorted

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you were offered a straight swap right now for McGinn, who would take it ?

I prefer guys that give their all every match, that are less talented, than guys with all the talent in the world, who show up once in every 5-10 games.

This guy has the talent to move to a top club, yet the last few appearances he's made for us, he can't pass the ball 5 yards.

11. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Mcginn has been a revelation at Aston Villa, my cousin and his boy are Villa fans , saw them at BBQ couple weeks back , the boy (8) giving it " weve got mcginn, super john mcginn " - my cousin went on to tell me hes often been Villas best player some of them rate him even higher than Grealish. He's already comfortably out of our price range. His age , his talent , eveything was spot on its criminal we didnt sign him.

12. Jeremie Frimpong

However poorly the club conducted itself in the summer, McGinn ultimately turned us down for a Championship club.

He can spend the rest of his career yoyoing between the Championship and the Premiership, as far as I'm concerned.

13. clonbhoy

I would swap for Niall McGinn! * it, I would even swap for Paul!

14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah but he's better than Ntcham, he's that pish that he wouldn't even get in Sevcos midfield.

15. Mo-Neill12

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrson + Agathe
    A massive element to the failed McGinn transfer was Hibs looking to us to give Christie to them as part of any deal, this left it dead in the water.

16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was more leading on to my next point really. Guys like Hartley & Robson, for example, were limited in their abilities but gave everything on the pitch and it paid off. I think we need to go down that route more, rather than young guys with inflated bank balances that decide when they can be arsed putting in a performance.

McGinn gives his all every game. On top form Ntcham is on a different level, however, how many games a season does he show his real potential ?

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Swap Ntcham for McGinn :52:

Talk about knee * naivety. Oli’s ceiling is miles and miles over John McGinn’s. He just needs the right manager to get it out of him.

There’s a reason he’s being strongly pursued by a club who flip 15 million quid players to 50 million quid players in the space of a season.

You talk more * than 10 arseholes.

18. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What a * * this guy is. Doesnt seem interested in playing for Celtic and wasnt happy when his wee pal Moussa left. * * attitude from a guy who is being paid thousands of pounds a week to play for a big club. He will soon find out the grass isnt greener on the other side, what a waste of a good talent. Cant be trusted or relied upon to put in a performance, who knows if he will be in the mood to bother his * to put in a shift....get him to *.

19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

If you don't think McGinn would be a better player for us, you're kidding yourself on.

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You are basing that on current form. There was a period of time for Celtic that Ntcham was so far ahead of what McGinn is capable of it’s not even a comparison.

McGinn is flying just now at Villa and Ntcham can’t pass the ball 2 yards but that doesn’t mean McGinn would be better for Celtic.