1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

hard to read assessment of the hun debacle

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scotia, May 15, 2019.

Discuss hard to read assessment of the hun debacle in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
  2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
  3. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Just shows how tactically inept Lennon is... some school boy stuff there really.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Totally agree with that. I have two screenshots of how their front three lined up that i cant post because the file size is too big, but it shows how much they suffocated Brown and effectively cut Mcgregor out of the game. They sat just infront of our midfield and closer down the full backs whenever we tried to advance from wide.

They squeezed the game so much that we were pinned and could hardly get out of our half and we didnt do anything to adapt or overcome the whole game.

I felt like Ajer had the ability to step out withe the ball and commit one of their attackers but it didnt happen. They did some amount of running.

We didnt have the players to dominate in the air and win knock downs or hold up the ball to allow us to get out out and advance up the pitch.

It pains me but Gerrard really done a number on Lennon.

5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    As painful to read as * watch.

6. joemc

The difference missing 2 players who woulda gave them more to think about ,Christie an forrest , we couldn't get going in midfield as no one could hold it and turn them , 2 players playing who wer not up to it as Well, so a massive disadvantage and something to make them think they have a chance again next year .
    Best titles are the close ones although i would forsake that brilliant feeling to * all over them nxt season, seeing them hurting is the closest feeling to that .

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    All true. And was very evident when watching it live.

Just a shame we couldn't do * all about it! Tactics were a farce.

8. Momo Sylla

Failure to make changes until it was too late was one of Lennon's biggest flaws before so no surprise the same continues to happen.

I do think something is seriously wrong within the squad though as this season has just been one disaster after another.

9. TheHappyLoss

* the huns!!! Rancid nasty hate filled deluded vermin

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I seriously don't buy into the idea that this season was anything close to a disaster.

We started off a bit goal shy and poor away from home. The Christie stepped in for Brown and we played our best football of the season for a few week. Then we continued to play good football right the way up until Rodgers left.

Under Lennon it has been poor but successful and we are now one game away from winning another treble.

That Hun game was horrendous and Lennon has to go but to say this season has been disaster after disaster is massively hyperbolic.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  11. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We have done well considering everything thats happened this year.Injuries,poor windows,constant footbal for 3 seasons,best celtic manager in a while doing a runner,quality talent leaving,rumoured bust ups in dressing room,secret handshakes

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Can give a more simplified assessment............................the huns wanted it more. :50: