1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Squad changes for next season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, May 2, 2018.

Discuss Squad changes for next season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He has played there in the past but for me moving him for the position that he has made the most impact would be criminal.

Hope Shved can play on the left or like some others have said maybe play as a 10.

2. Goggzy60

Yeah Sepp is the only one I can admit to taking a chance on has looked good in a * team very young aswell. The others people are most likely aware off I hate when we sign unknowns as sometimes they come good but mostly they turn out *.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Bet get scouting him.

4. Goggzy60

I have had to watch Zwolle a few times this season not that many decent players in that team. Jaap Stam seems to be willing to give youth a chance.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Haha

6. Goggzy60

The 4 times I have watched them I think 4 maybe 5 guys under 20 have played or on bench it's a pretty good record for a team fighting to stay in there league.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Haha.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    A scout that doesn’t know the difference between there and their, but do carry on it’s a good laugh. :84:

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair I still get confused with there to be fair.

:56:

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye but you’re not signing all sorts of players on Fifa. :84:

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye that’s a vrrry * pint

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. celtic warrior

We need 2 signings ready to go straight into the team at RB and CB they are priority above every one else.

1 back up LB next on the list perhaps an older head with something still to offer to help rest KT.

* what the * is going on with Eboue and if it ain't looking likely then we need to find someone who can take on Brown's role so we can rotate him next.

A proper LW to either put the fire back in Sinclair and have back to his first season best or just simply make the spot his own. Shved then can then help rotate with Forrest.

1 new striker to allow us to safely play with two up top and have the numbers to not worry about injuries assuming Bayo and Griff are ready to fire next season.

At most 6 signings are needed with only two really being super critical.

Net spend of £8mill should see us right.

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

We need experience to guide us to 9iar, as well as help any new signings bed in. I would build a team around a spine of Gordon, Compper, Allan, and Musonda. Punt the rest.

14. Keano88

Defo a first choice RB and hopefully Benkovic back. Need a first choice LW as well.

All 3 should be highest priority.

15. saltire78

I was in general agreement with what you said, right up until I read the last line... 6 players for £8m? If they didn't cost around £18m they'd be random gambles again... hoping you Had a typo... :-D

16. celtic warrior

Net spend being the key there, we could easily see the likes of Ntchamband Sinclair sold for close to £10mill overall.

17. saltire78

I knew what you mean, but I can't see us getting 10m for them. And if we did sell Sinclair we'd need 2 for that position. I really don't think we could replace with 6 or 7 quality additions without spending about 15m net, unless we're either very cheap or very lucky

18. Goggzy60

It would be possible with loans and out of contract players. We definitely don't need to replace with loans as we need permanent signings but I fully expect 2-3 loans.

19. Goggzy60

1 thing I haven't really about with having Ajer is a left footed Centre Back now that I think about Ajer doesn't really use his left foot. A left footed Centre Back who can cover Left Back would make the most sense.

20. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Keep :

Bain, Ralston, Ajer, Jozo, Tierney,
    Brown, McGregor, Christie, Forrest, Rogic, Arzani, Shved, Bayo, Edouard, Griffiths

Sell :

Gordon, Hendry, Hayes, Mulumbu, Bitton, Ntcham, Sinclair

Loan Out :

Perez, Gutman, Eboue, Johnston, Henderson, Morgan

Players out of contract are free to go !!

If we could sell those 7 players mentioned then spend decent money on 4 players ready to go straight into the first team, a right back, centre half, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder. Would be happy enough with Benkovic back on loan at Centre half.

Then look for back up at perhaps goalkeeper, centre half, left back, left wing, striker.

Reckon we are going to need about 9 new players in the summer. Can’t really see us doing it though. Here’s hoping