1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:43:

How are they not relevant to Lennon's time?

It's the same squad, the same disinterested players, the same guys that have been ran into the ground. You somehow deduced that Rodgers should be praised for causing most of it but Lennon shouldn't be praised for dealing with it. Genuinely baffling.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I watched their playoff vs MoL Vidi and Johnathan Pearce said

“Celtic fans watching this you must be stunned at how AEK knocked you out, you should have wiped the floor with them and MoL Vidi”

Tells you everything Rodgers * us for £30m or £39m if you include boyata!

3. Aidan O’Shea

If Lennon stays, the Huns win the league next season.

Valhalla likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ah well, we had a good run

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How is Hendry playing earlier in the season, Dembele leaving over a year ago, Boyata sitting out AEK, injuries that happened before Lennon was here and the players are now back like Edouard, our poor start to the season and Rodgers relationship with the board relevant to Lennon and how he’s performing just now?

Again. I didn’t praise Rodgers. Read my post again and stop twisting my words because I clearly said that he was praising Rodgers by listing things he had to deal with.

Valhalla likes this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They aren't relevant at all.

Christ knows what stubhoy is rambling on about.

MacEwan likes this.
  7. angusceltic67

The thing is, I don't think Neil would put himself up for the job if he didn't feel ready, he know's more than anyone the side show that comes with managing Glasgows East end club.

The crucial games....

Hibs in QF cup, 2nd game in charge against his old team away...... WON 2-0.

Huns, first Home old firm game, basically a six pointer.....Won 2-1.

Sheep in SF cup, Sheep went mental....WON 3-0.

Killie, lge game to secure the title on points....WON 1-0 (JOZO,67).

Sheep away, to secure the title.....WON 3-0.

If he secure's the TT, he should be given a two year trial/chance at least, he's already shown he can get a team to win when it matters, and he deserves at least that IMO.

Needs a decent budget and a free reign though, big clear out and changes getting made regardless of who comes in, would like to see what Lenny could do with a decent budget, he's had time to think and plan, which is another huge plus.

johnfife1959 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Down watching West Brom last night

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You're an intelligent guy, I find it baffling that you can't understand the relevance despite it being listed out. Dembele left 8 months ago by the way.

The club is completely fractured, we've been victim to boardroom and management *-swinging, complete and utter negligence on the Scouting side, a coaching set-up that has been ripped apart mid-season, players refusing to play and then being included back in the squad, players being frozen out, made to train with the youth teams then loaned out and a squad ravaged by injury through poor recruitment and over-playing.

If you think an interim manager can just walk in on the eve of one of our biggest games of the season and not be affected by any of that then I think it's incredibly naive.

@stubhoy07 listed things that the rat was a cause of not the saviour of or deserving of praise for dealing with, he had a direct hand in creating those issues as I explained above.

I'm going to return back to my sabbatical from this thread, it's literally going round in circles with people repeating the same things over and over. Anyone that tries to bring about an objectivity to the situation is labelled a Lennon Lover or met with hysteria about how Lennon isn't the right man for the job.

I'm glad Lennon took us over when he did and has managed to keep our short-term and medium-term objectives on track but with the benefit of hindsight I wonder if he would do it again.

I'm Celtic through and through and I'm not sure I would. Some of our support can't find it in themselves to treat a guy who has gave his life to our club with a little respect, thank him for his efforts but express their desire for another manager long-term without resorting to attacking him. I'm oot.

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I keep thinking he left if January last year for some reason. Just feels like he’s been away for ages I suppose. My mistake.

I just think it’s unfair to say that Lennon has done amazing dealing with things that he was never here to witness. He had an on form Boyata who he praised, he wasn’t near Hendry, he wasn’t involved in the Mulumbu incident which I’m guess are the “players” you’re talking about. There’s so much he didn’t have to deal with.

He’s walked in on a team that was in form, despite having a few injuries but that’s football.

So you admit I wasn’t giving him praise? You did twist my words. The guy had a rollercoaster of a season and still had one trophy in the bag, 8 points clear and into a quarter final. I wouldn’t praise him but I wouldn’t say any of those things affected him too much. They weren’t season defining. Yet apparently it’s allowed to affect Lennon now?

Nobody is attacking Lennon, but nobody is too big for criticism in this club. This respect thing is nonsense. Criticism doesn’t equal disrespect.

11. StevieBhoooy!

I hope that’s just mates at a match.... wouldn’t want to think that Gary Parker is an indicator of the state of things to come!

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Haha.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We don’t have time for two year trials.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

These incidents have an impact on squad unity. It's as clear as day that we have a lazy and complacent squad. The competitive edge that Rodgers said he was hoping to foster is nowhere to be seen. They play when there is something at stake; once they think they are comfortable they go into 2nd gear. It happened last season, finishing 12 points ahead of a side managed by Pedro and then Murty for 7 months. When it mattered though we won.

Ntcham still doesn't give a *, Sinclair is a shadow of the player he was, Griffiths is out the game, we have 1 fit striker, Tierney has been ran into the ground, McGregor was ran into the ground, Rogic still isn't back upto speed from his injuries over the festive period, Boyata is out, Christie is out.

Incentivising players who know that they won't be here next season isn't as simple a task as it's being laid out on here.

He did. It was the purple patch in what is another patchy season for us. He's took us over the line in the league and has had 2 very good cup results that have put us on the brink of winning the Scottish Cup.

I didn't twist anyone's words, you twisted @stubhoy07s. He listed clearly and concisely the issues that the rat caused which you then said: "If anything you’re praising Rodgers and the job he did managing to get us in the position he got us in, despite all of that going on."

I'm all for criticism if it's given constructively, I've seen and heard plenty of criticism towards Lennon that is far from it. You've just said that you 'wouldn't praise' Lennon for the things he's done well but are quite happy to go to town and criticise him for the things he hasn't done well. That's not an objective stance but it's one you're entitled to take. That's the last I'll say on the matter, it's getting a bit silly now.

15. angusceltic67

Any new manager would be on trial anyway.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What does that mean? A new manager is the new manager. There’s no trial.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I give up. Twisting words again. Since you can’t admit that I didn’t say I praised Rodgers and then said that I don’t give Lennon praise when I already have given him praise for the cup games, I’m out.

I precisely said I wouldn’t praise him for coming in and dealing with things that Rodgers was dealing with better than him, despite causing them.

The ignorance to suit arguments in here is blood boiling.

18. angusceltic67

So if some new manager came in and it was a disaster, they couldn't sack him?, maybe with a compo package aye, but they can still sack him.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Of course they can. If it was a trial he’d be let go for free, that’s what a trial is. Managers don’t get trials, we aren’t a project. We need to win.

20. angusceltic67

Well give him a two year contract then, but you know what I meant.

As a Manager your basically always on trial, with the threat of the axe always ever present.

MacEwan likes this.