1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

fast hands but short as * arms which are no gonnae help him get anywhere near AJ's chin no matter how fast his hands are.

I fancied Miller to be a problem for AJ, merely for the fact that AJ always always always gets drawn into a scrap, he done it with Whyte and he done it with Klitshcko. Miller can bang and it only takes one of them shots to knock you the * out. I dont think this guy will do anything remotely threatening in the fight.......reminds me a lot of Parker

2. celts67

See these comments mate think most hardcore boxing fans think Ruiz is a better opponent than Miller tbh .
    https://www.checkhookboxing.com/ind...o-vs-andy-ruiz-jr-june-1st-2019.114455/page-3

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Boxing is finished. It was only good when people were so poor that was the only way out. But folk don't want their kids to suffer concussion every week so anything else is better and that's what has happened.

That fight was ridiculous and they were saying it was a classic unifying title? Golovkin is the only throwback to the old days, guy is exciting because he brings something exciting. I hope he gets to fight Alverez again because that was a robbery. Plus Alverez might be tough but ffs he plays it safe and safe in fighting is boring. Only the esoteric is interesting then but if no one is taking up the sport then we're not going to see an esoterician.

4. Nasser

Nothing has changed with regards to that, I don't know what the percentage of boxers come from lower-income families but it has to be like 99%. It's only the son's of famous boxers who are rich that buck that trend and there is not many of them as a whole.

Boxing is infuriating sport, it's dirty and corrupt but it has always been like that and ducking and politics stopping good match-ups have always been a problem. There are though some very talented boxers Crawford and Spence Jr and Lomachenko.

Sooner or later, we will get the super fight which will be Crawford v Spence Jr and that is Messi v Ronaldo of boxing, it's our generation's Hagler v Hearns. I don't see the point of GGG fighting Canelo he will lose because Canelo is so protected by judges and GGG is getting older Canelo is in his prime. I think Canelo would not even need dodgy scorecards this time I think he'd outbox GGG if they fight again.

GGG started his pro-career too late, he was ducked by everyone for a long time and by the time he got a name fighter he was robbed on the scorecards. GGG could have been one of the greatest Boxers of all time, he should really be pound for pound number 1 but because he was robbed on the scorecards he has a loss and draw on his record which means Canelo will have a much better legacy.GGG should have also moved up weight class but he became obsessed by being the undisputed champion and holding all the belts when he could have moved up and been two weight champion. GGG has been badly promoted from the start.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. scootz

Boxing was on the verge of a renaissance after the Fury v Wilder fight... then it all went to *... again!

AJ v Ruiz Jnr. * me! Anyone who pays for that * is part of the problem!

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Don’t be daft. You watched a fight that was very underwhelming. It doesn’t mean the sport is dead ffs :giggle1:
    It happens in all sports, regardless of the size if the event. Some opponents just don’t make a great fight, even if they’re high level guys.

I don’t know anyone that suggested it was a vintage title fight. It was drab and uninspiring. For what it’s worth Canelo is an excellent boxer/puncher with the ability to mix it up. Really advanced skill set, excellent power, very solid chin.

Lilac Wine, Nasser and McChiellini.. like this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Canelo is a phenomenal boxer and would be in any era.

A boxer who’s won 2 decisions against GGG wrongly but a world class operator nonetheless.

8. Nasser

I'm so tempted to go to the Josh Taylor fight on the 18th that is some card! I didn't realize Naoya Inoue is fighting on the same card, * me that is one off card anyone going?

What the chances I could get a ticket for that? Also I would like to see the Celtic v Hearts league game the next day do you think I would be able to get tickets for that?

9. celts67

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Is he * sorry :56: get it up them

Lilac Wine likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Course he's no..

Ooft what a finish here in the next gen..

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Mexican looking good here..

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Gill just said he lost because he'd had food poisoning :rofl:

Was badly exposed to the body 3 time's and pulled out towards the end but saying after that the Mexican wouldn't live with him if he didn't have food poisoning :56: :56: :56:

I've heard it all..

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Fury fight PPV ? :56:
    Mon tae *, that's worse than Khan and Crawford. Jesus christ, who's actually gonna get up middle of the night and buy that ?

Can't wait for Saturday. Been to Taylor's last few fights, always good. Be great seeing him win his first world title.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Everyone knows he won that fight in Rio..

He'll beat him again without doubt..

19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Half considering gettin tickets for the super series on Saturday now after watching the open workouts. Should be a cracking night of boxing in Glasgow

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    If you can get briefs mate, go..

Wee man Taylor and then Inoue on the doorstep..

That's some card :50:

FrankMcCallum and Boruc17 like this.