1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He looks seriously class, could end up being a peach of a buy.

I hope he hits the ground running.

Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Can't wait to see him in the hoops. Badly needing a spark in attack.

Valhalla, Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We've a million wingers..

Had an absolute diddy and a kid on today..

If only we had this guy's creative spark and wand of a left foot..

4. dmac

Hoping he has a big impact next season need someone who can turn games around for us too many games this season it has been a struggle to open teams up

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Maryan Shved insists he can't wait to get going at Celtic after his loan spell back in Ukraine came to an end.

And the winger has vowed to be a success in Scotland after flopping during his time with Sevilla.

Brendan Rodgers' last signing for the champions was immediately farmed back on loan after he signed in a £2million deal in January.

Shved admitted he was gutted to be sent off on his last match for his former club Karpaty Lviv but is ready to make a Parkhead impact.

He netted six goals in just seven starts in the Ukrainian League, but was shown a second yellow card in his final match for the club against Arsenal Kiev last week.

But his only focus is on establishing himself in Glasgow after his previous misstep abroad.

He said: "I have already received a UK work visa in Paris and arrived in Glasgow, where I will look for a house as well as begin to train with Celtic.

I said goodbye to the guys at Karpaty although I will return in two weeks after the end of the Scottish season."I can't wait to get started at Celtic and introduce myself to my new team mates.

My last game was Karpaty was really disappointing. One of the bookings was for dissent, but the ref made a serious mistake and didn't give a handball. The second yellow card, I tried to pull out of a tackle, but it was too late.

"It was a real pity my farewell should be like that."

What makes it worse was that we are involved in a relegation battle. But I have no doubt they will survive.

I'd like to thank the fans for being so supportive. Many wrote to me to wish me good luck in Scotland a lot of people have stopped me in the street to offer their best wishes.

"A few years ago I left to go to Seville. But I was 18 years old then and still a child.

"It took a lot of time for me to adjust, but I also grew up a lot and understood many things better.

"I won't repeat the same mistakes in Scotland."

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sunday's game against Arsenal-Kiev became the last for Marian Schwed in the T-shirt "Carpathians". The best scorer of the "Lions" received a red card and left the field before the break. The 21-year-old pupil of the club school left Lviv and joined his new team - Scottish Celtic.

- I have already received a working visa in Paris and arrived in Glasgow, where I will decide on everyday moments, as well as I will begin to train with Celtic. Even in Lviv I said goodbye to the guys, but after two weeks I will return, maybe we'll see you in late May. In the end, in the Carpathians there were my friends, with whom I would definitely maintain a relationship.

- Your last match in a green-white T-shirt was terrible in connection with the withdrawal. What did you feel when I saw a second yellow card?
    - It was abusive. I believe that the judge made several serious mistakes. The first of these is to hit the ball in the player's opponent's hand during a goal attack. I was on the field in such a way that I could clearly see the game with a hand - this is a clear violation of the rules. Even on the video it is not so noticeable. The ball is shot with a head and count the goal ... My seizure? Perhaps from the side it seemed that I played hard. It's a pity that everything has happened.

- You traveled in a podcast in the center of the field and realized that you have a yellow card on the pass. Hoping to reach the ball?
    - At first I ran, overtaken and believed that I would manage. An opponent kicked the ball forward, and I went to the podcast. I tried to put my leg straight in order not to hurt him. In the dynamics, it may have pulled yellow, but looks different in the video. Whatever it was, it's a pity that the farewell seemed just like that.

Carpathians" are in a difficult situation now, and you, as a leader, should be struck. It is difficult in such conditions to train and go out on the field?
    - Psychologically it is very difficult to constantly lose. Believe me, nobody wants it. I know that we will try to get out of this situation and the team will continue the struggle to the end. "Carpathians" can not play in the first league. It is hard to experience this decline ... I think we will get out of this situation.

- You say "we", although in the final matches of the season you will not play. Do you believe that the team will stay in the ULL?
    - I try not to isolate myself from the team. The fact that the "Carpathians" will remain in the Premier League, I have no doubt. We have a very good team, we just have to survive this period.

- Your departure from Lviv also means that you stop fighting for the title of the best scorer of the league.
    - It was not my priority. I just wanted my goals to help the team and do their job. It is now important to stay in the ULR. Personal awards do not matter in this situation.

During your speeches in a green and white T-shirt, you, probably, like nobody, enjoyed the love and respect of the fans. Was this addictive?
    - Indeed they always supported me. Many wrote to me on the street approached and communicated. It's nice when this happens, I sincerely thank them for their support. I also thank the fans for not leaving the Carpathians alone during the away matches. It is clear that without criticism in any way. When he received a red card, it was not without remarks (smiles). But I am dealing with such things with understanding.

"A few years ago, you were already in a similar situation, though you went to Seville then. Did you draw parallels between these events?
    - No, because then I was only 18 years old. You can even say that I was still a child. It took a lot of time, I grew up and understood a lot of important things. I just do not repeat old mistakes and do it as it should.

- Your father Vasyl Shved - known in the past attacker of the Carpathians. In the life of those who love football, it often happens that Dad is a person who introduces the ball and leads the stadium for the first time. In your case, the father is also an example and a model footballer.
    - Undoubtedly, in most cases it is parents who bring the child to football. I happened to have met football with my dad. Key tips and analysis of important game nuances are also always obtained from my father. All my partners and coaches, as well as the club's management, played a big role later in my life.

You're the second time you go from the Carpathians to a solid European club.
    - First of all, we would like to thank the Honorary President of the Carpathians. Peter Dyminsky fulfills all obligations to the players and goes to the meeting, in particular, in my case. At the present time it is expensive. I sincerely thank Petr Petrovich for this. He does everything to ensure that the team plays at a good level. As for my transition to "Celtic", Petro Petrovich also went to the meeting and helped my move to Europe. I would like to thank him for this.

- What do you mean by the Carpathians?
    - This is my native club, in which I am six years old. It took a lot of time, I went to the first team, spent an unforgettable period here. I'll definitely come back here. I promise to the fans that one day it will happen. I do not know when exactly, but it will happen

https://fckarpaty.com/news/20163

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s here!!

Can he play Sunday?

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

WITH the Ukrainian League season now finished, Marian Shved is delighted to have joined up with Celtic and is already training at the club’s Lennoxtown facility.

The 21-year-old signed for the Hoops during this year’s January transfer window, before being loaned back to FC Karpaty for the remainder of the season. Now Shved, the recipient of the Ukrainian Premier League Player of the Month for March award is back at Paradise and is raring to go.

The winger described the eight-in-a-row Scottish champions’ Lennoxtown Training Centre as a beautiful place, and said he has been delighted by the reception he’s received since arriving in Glasgow.

Shved now can’t wait to experience the atmosphere at Celtic Park – firstly, as a fan at this Sunday’s title party against Hearts, and secondly, as a player on the pitch come the start of next season.

“It’s great to finally be here at Celtic. I’ve been really excited about coming, and now I am here, I’m really looking forward to starting my Celtic career,” Shved told the official Celtic website. “I’ve had a great few days at the training ground already, and I’ve spent my time working hard as I always do.

The next few weeks is a great chance for me to get to know the club and the players and other people at Celtic. I have had a brilliant welcome already, and I am very grateful to everyone for making me feel at home.

“I have been out in Glasgow, too, and had the chance to meet some fans, which has been great fun and, again, they have treated me so warmly. I’m already thinking ahead to next season and I can’t wait to get out at Celtic Park, such a brilliant arena, and play for the fans.”

With 15 goals and four assists in 26 appearances for FC Karpaty, Marian Shved has enjoyed a successful season in the Ukranian Premier League this year.

But busy as he’s been, the young attacker said he’s followed Celtic’s progress this year from afar, and has nothing but praise for his prospective team-mates in securing an eighth successive league title.

"When I was in Ukraine, I was keeping up-to-date with every Celtic game and I was so excited to watch my new club each week head towards the title," he said. "It is an unbelievable achievement for a club to win eight league titles in a row and I congratulate the manager and all the boys and the staff.

“I am looking forward to our party on Sunday when I can see the team lift the title, I can’t wait to see this, and I’m sure it will be a fantastic day. I am just delighted that I’ll be there as a Celtic player and a Celtic fan.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Some good goals here

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    bagforlife likes this.
  11. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Seriously can’t wait to see this guy play. He’s got a touch of the Roberts about him

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No

13. Keano88

I wish.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Let’s see you try that in the Clyde.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Can't wait to see this guy for us.

JML67 and McChiellini.. like this.
  17. Paul McAuley

Is he available for a run out at the weekend?

18. celtic warrior

I don't care about player registration rules, * throw him in for the cup final and let him smash in 5 goals.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Yup he’s gonna run out on the park at half time.

20. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The king has arrived.