1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by littlekennie, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss Game of Thrones in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

Good episode coming.

Pinstripe and Officer Doofy like this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Well, the showrunners are really succeeding in butchering every * character in the show.

Valhalla and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  3. Pinstripe

Some really good scenes in the episode.
    No much of a battle though, Drogon just had a massive barbecue. The way they killed off Cersei was pretty *, thought it might have been a bit more intense when it came to her ending

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I thought it was better quality than it's been in a while, you can tell it was a high budget episode, most of the scenes were great with only a couple of *, Euron at the end embarrassing and then Arya not dying then the magic horse appearing. The Hounds brother also, was he unable to die? Still for me mixing too much real type stuff with stuff that would never happen and would never have been done in the first seasons of the show because its too unrealistic.

Kind of ending how I thought, everyone dying. I want Arya to kill Jon before Daenerys thinking he was in on it, Daenerys to kill Tyrion then disappearing to kill Sansa first then whatever in the end, either Arya killing Daenerys or the other with the whole point being thats what happens when everyone is too greedy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2019
  5. Keano88

Varys was The Mountain all along

6. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That was absolutely * class

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Really shows who the true victims of war are the powers at be truly don't care some scenes were like from 9/11

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

8. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Definitely a better episode than previous ones.
    Dany’s character has changed too much for me though in too short a space of time. She didn’t seem too bothered when the first dragon was killed but losing the second one has turned her into a psycho. Destroying the city when the battle was won made no sense.

Xatraps and King of Kings like this.
  9. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Just watched it there thought that was absolutely brilliant best episode of the season maybe one of my favourite episodes of the show really great stuff.

Artorias and callumrae1967 like this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Right, after sleeping on it...

Like episode 3, it was an amazing spectacle. Looked incredible. In terms of the story...

Dany - Bullshit. This season they've just decided to go full mad queen with little foreshadowing in the previous 7 seasons. What exactly tipped her over to make her massacre a city of innocent people? Only last season she said she didn't want to rule over a "city of ashes" or some * like that.

Jaime - This is the worst of them all. Arguably the best written character in the show over the 8 seasons, well up until this episode. All those years of development and redemption. He turned his back on Cersei last season only to return back to her the first time he hears her name? * right off. I assumed he was going back south with some sort of ulterior motive. Nope. He just wanted to be with here, despite him realising she's an evil cow and after discovering she paid Bronn to kill him and his brother.

Cersei - One of the best characters in the 8 seasons. The true villain, up until the Dany "twist". This season she's barely featured, other than standing, looking smug. Couldn't have had her being captured/executed by Dany or Jon or Tyrion or just anything else other than being crushed by * rubble. Another character shafted to make way for the bullshit Dany turn.

The Hound - The best part of the episode, by a distance. He's one of very, very few characters to have any sort of satisfying resolution this season. I mean, the fight with the Mountain meant nothing in terms of the story - there were zero stakes - but that was the only way for the Hound to go out.

Then you have Varys being dumb as * when he's always been one of the smartest, sneakiest guys on the show. The Golden Company being an utter waste of time. Euron, one of the worst characters on the show, and his fleet being a waste of time. The scorpions nailing Rhaegal last week from miles away and missing every single shot on Drogon this time. The worst defence of a city every by Cersei and her armies.

I've seen/heard people say it's the worst episode of GoT because it completely jumped the shark and ruined several characters. I've also seen people say it's one of the best. It's definitely not the latter.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thought that episode was * ridiculous to be honest.

They could’ve cut about 40 minutes of it and not have lost anything.

Xatraps likes this.
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Next week will be fascinating.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain..... Couldn't the writers come up with so etching more original than copying an idea that Christopher Nolan thought of

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

14. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    My fav bit was where Ragnar ate Cerseis unborn baby, mad *.

wd2oo3 likes this.
  15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I actually got bored watching that tbh.

Xatraps and Valhalla like this.
  16. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I did I bit too all season 8 episodes I have been glued to the screen, this one I was checking my fone drifting in and out, seemed rushed trying to fill everything in one episode

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Better add a spoiler

See that's the thing for me they had no need to keep going on and on and on about how its the 'plebs' that suffer in war the most, we all know that, so they could have cut lots of that out. I'm just disappointed in the whole thing as it looks to be simply fizzling out, which is sad. Imo this is mainly due to poor writing/rushed conclusions for characters. Characters who simply wouldn't have made the mistakes/done what we are now getting told/shown they have done compared to previously. The main annoyance this week, and I have a few tbh but don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew here, is well didn't that dragon do well, when last week it shat the bed :giggle1: Anyway I've said it before - Sansa will be on the throne SO * Danni and her dragon, hope some * rips its tonsils oot or whatever stops a dragon breathing fire :giggle1:

cas79 likes this.
  18. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Drogon can basically just fly anywhere and destroy anything that Dany wants so the whole building or armies and armadas (ie. seasons 1-7) was a bit pointless.
    Cersei just breaking down and crying like a quivering wreck was also disappointing. Easy money for Lena Headey this season. Thought her and Qyburn might have had some sort of plan but he was as useless an advisor as Tyrion this season.
    Still not sure why she sent my favourite, Bronn of the black water, to kill her brothers either. I’m guessing he might not make another appearance now.

celtic warrior likes this.
  19. celtic warrior

the way mountain threw * boy Qyburn was at least really funny.

20. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Only watched it once but I could have sworn Jamie got stabbed at least twice and looked to be dying.
    The next minute he’s up and around and managed to find Cersei in all the bedlam.

Artorias likes this.