1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RockhardBoss

I worry he's so desperate to play at the moment because he's leaving in the summer. I don't understand why he doesn't address the injury issue and is fighting on.

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hes no leaving :56: hes so desperate because hes a true Celtic fan and it's a * treble treble.... A treble.. * treble!!!

That's like asking Larsson to sit out the UEFA cup final so hes ready for the next season.

That's how big a treble treble is. Massive. If you think otherwise your a *.

3. XTierneyx63x

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    No he’s just desperate to play because it’s the treble treble! Would be a big thing for a die hard Celtic fan to miss out on playing his part in the final!!

Lancashire Nick likes this.
  4. jamiebhoy67

Seen tht in his interview yesterday he wants to give the maximum for the badge he said it's easy to play through the pain cause hes doing it for Celtic wee man knows where his heart is * bleeds green and white

5. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    As I understand it, you only get a Cup winner's medal if you play (or are on the bench) in the Final. KT is desperate to be a part of a Treble Treble. That's why he's playing on.

Personally, I think if you've played in the previous rounds, that should be enough for a medal; after all you have to win those rounds to get to the Final.

buchanbhoy and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KIERAN Tierney described the feeling of clinching eight-in-a-row for Celtic as unbelievable, and dedicated the title to club legends and Lisbon Lions heroes Billy McNeill and Stevie Chalmers who both sadly passed away in the past fortnight.

After missing a couple of weeks due to injury, Tierney marked his return to action at Pittodrie by helping Celtic defeat Aberdeen 3-0 and win the Premiership title again.

The Celtic full-back has endured a frustrating second half of the season with injury, but he showed his unwavering commitment to pull on the Hoops and help his side battle their way to victory and clinch an eighth successive league title.

“It was my first game back and it was tough but I gave it my all,” he said in an exclusive interview with the Celtic View. “It was sore playing with a double hernia, but I wanted to be out there to play my part.”

“It’s been really tough not playing as many minutes as I’d like. I want to play every minute of every game, so missing some has been frustrating. The earlier part of the season was good for me on a personal level, though.

“I played virtually every minute of the start of the season, which is the busiest period of the season for us. It’s a long season so it’s easy to forget what happened at the start. I’m just glad I could help win the title.”

Tierney, still only 21-years-old, now has eight major domestic honours with the club he has always supported. Adding to Celtic’s illustrious history has always been a dream come true for him and he dedicated the title to both the fans and those who have come before him,

“The fans were incredible at Pittodrie,” he said. “They always give us amazing support and they’re there through the good times and the bad times. A day like this gives us the chance to pay them back for the support they’ve shown this season.

“It’s always amazing to win a league title for Celtic and to do it in a week when we lost two legends of this club makes it all the more special. This title is for them as well as the fans.”

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KIERAN TIERNEY will be fit for the final Old Firm derby of the season at Ibrox on Sunday.

And SunSport understands Mikael Lustig is also likely to be available to Celtic boss Neil Lennon.

The fitness news on both full-backs is a massive boost for the eight in a row champions.

Tierney, in need of double hernia surgery, and muscle strain victim Lustig were both forced off in the title-clinching win at Aberdeen on Saturday.

It is believed Lustig did light training on Wednesday, while Tierney is expected to finally go under the knife after the Scottish Cup Final on May 25, having managed his problem over the last month

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Let him go and get sorted with this op * sake.

NL on
    @kierantierney1
    : "It might be a big ask for him to play all three remaining games. Last week he was probably at 70%, but a 70% KT is better than most at 100%.

9. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * ridiculous, I think most fans want him rested and gone for the operation now rather than waiting. What the * are they playing at?

10. Keano88

Leagues done he doesn’t need to be risked.

Gyp Rosetti and Callum McGregor like this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I won’t be surprised if he gets clattered in the first five minutes.

12. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Would send him for his Op now, obvs he will want to play against huns and maybe cup final but for the sake of his career and the fact he's a player not manager the decision needs taking out of his hands now.

Johnny Hayes is more than capable of playing LB and would do an excellent job, we could maybe throw Church in against Diets

bagforlife and StPauli1916 like this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The decision should be taken by a person at least one rank superior to the manager.

14. Keano88

If we are to play him again this season it should be the game where there’s actually something at stake.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Should it *, should be taking by the actual medical staff and sports science team.

Mince.Charming and StPauli1916 like this.
  16. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    [​IMG]
    You need to wise up fella

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Absolute madness to play him, cant turn, cant run and is useless.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You’ve missed the joke here Dev

19. StevieBhoooy!

Sounds like Lenny is considering his job prospects above the welfare of the player...

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    .... I might be a tad too touchy about Lenny, I’ll admit that :56:

Marty McFly likes this.