1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Bain

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Jan 31, 2018.

Discuss Scott Bain in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Right good back-up keeper! Fraser Forster and Craig Gordon were match winners however and of the standard needed imo.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Bain is a match winner.

Gordon is capable of some fantastic saves, but he has more mistakes in him than Bain.

3. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Time will tell! Just my prediction for playing the likes of European sides etc. Hasn't let us down yet to be fair.

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair Gordon was only a match winner in Europe for, what, 1 season? That being his first. 4 seasons ago. Forster, aye, match winner. Bain? Time will tell

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think he done well against Valencia.

Can you even count Gordon’s first season, considering that Inter game was in it? :56:

6. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah he did do well against Valencia.

:giggle1: as unfortunate as that was, we wouldnt have got to through ti play inter without him

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That group we were in as well was pathetic man :56:

First ‘easy’ draw I can ever remember us having

8. Murph-E

Just looked up the results, couldn't think at all. Something about Europa League group games are easily our only forgettable European matches. Zero memory of the Astra and Zagreb games, might get something if I check the goals. I can remember knockout games against minnow teams like Helsinki and Jeunesse Esch clearly, but Europa League group games, barely any.

Tommy25 and Liam Scales like this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Astra game was the one that was pure foggy. Zagreb Broony scored in as well.

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Very forgettable games. Went to all 3. The one I remember most is Salzburg, but only cause they were so impressive first half. Players like Kampl tore us apart.

connerm57 likes this.
  11. celtic warrior

You sort out defence, get in a decent KT-esq RB and either let Ajer and Jozo settle as a partnership or bring in someone better than Jozo.

Then I would say Bain, in this form, could tease going for our clean sheet record.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Was that not the night of the Scottish Independence vote? One of the Zagreb games were. Only time I’ve not gave a * about Celtic in Europe.

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I meant the Salzburg home game where we got beat 3-1 (I think). The Salzburg away game was the day of the independence referendum

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB: "So many times this season, this team have shown there’s no distractions on the pitch. I think there was a little bit of a sour note last year because we lost on the day. We always want to put on a good performance."

SB: "Last week, we didn’t get up to our standard. I think there’s been a lot said, and it’s a little bit out of perspective. We’ve still won the league and we’re still into the Scottish Cup final.

SB: "This is a team that’s won another league, a team that’s won eight-in-a-row, and is going for another Treble. It’ll be good to go on and win the next two games and put things back in perspective.

SB: "The lads in the dressing room are achieving things that have never been done before. I think if there are times in the future where things aren’t going well, we can look back and realise how good this time is.

SB: "On title day, you celebrate with the boys and it’s always a great day. Whoever goes out there this Sunday will stand up and be counted, as this entire team has done all season

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

eire4 likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Hope last week shook the crap out him as that was the 2nd worst goalkeeping performance since Ian Andrews.

Thankfully Rangers never really got too many chances.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

GLASGOW was blue for the day last weekend — but Scott Bain wasn’t green with envy.

The Celtic keeper insists SILVER will always be the most important colour when it comes to the Old Firm.

Bain had no problem with Rangers’ celebrations, on the pitch and online, after Sunday’s Ibrox win.

But he reckons Celtic players should treat the euphoria that followed Gers’ 2-0 victory as a compliment.

The Hoops are closing in on a treble Treble and Bain insists their silverware haul is all that matters.

He said: “Perspectives get blurred here when you lose an Old Firm game.

“You’ve got a team celebrating winning a game against you like they’d won the league, which speaks volumes for our team.

“It’s perspectives. We’d already won the league and we’re going into the Scottish Cup final.

We weren’t great on the day and they deserved to win.

“They also have the right to celebrate with their fans.

“But it speaks volumes for our team that that’s a team that used to celebrate winning trophies and now are celebrating winning MATCHES against us.

It needs to be put into perspective for our fans as well.

It’s impossible to win every game and there are going to be days when you don’t perform to the standards you have been used to.

“The city can be blue for the day! But perspective comes into play the next day and we are going for another cup trophy.

“You’re not going to win every game. You just have to be respectful when you do lose and you hold your hands up and say, ‘We were not good enough’.

“They were better than us and we went over and thanked our fans for their support. But you’ve got to let people enjoy their wins and enjoy their celebrations.

“As long as it’s not disrespectful and I don’t think it was. I think everything was good on the day.

“It was their last home game of the season as well. They’ve got a right to go and enjoy the day with their fans.

“I just think that perspective from our end can be lost because it’s such a big game

The boys have performed at the highest standard the league has seen for a while.”

Bain isn’t wrong. Celtic created history under Brendan Rodgers with successive Trebles.

Now they are on the verge of a third clean sweep but the keeper believes it could take YEARS for their dominance to be appreciated.

Neil Lennon spoke about a new breed of Celtic fans being “spoiled” by constant success — and Bain insists it should never be taken for granted.

He said: “There’s obviously a backlash from the last manager leaving.

“But that’s something else. For years to come when people look back, they’ll say that achievement is really unmatched.

“The boys have one more step to create history again.

“You know how it is. A lot of people live in the moment.

“At the moment, Celtic fans know nothing but success.

I’m sure there will be times in the future where it is not going as rosy and it’ll take those days to really appreciate what the team has done.

“People could have folded when a big figure like the manager left.

“But it speaks volumes for the team that the new gaffer has come in and we’ve not really missed a beat.

“The new manager has done great since he’s come in and you have to give credit to the boys in here as well.

“The new manager’s task was to win us the league and get us to the cup final. He’s done both of those.

It was obviously difficult circumstances to come into with the uncertainty going about.

“But he’s come into a team which has a great group of players and a great group of lads.

“It’s been a long season and we got over the line.

“Some of the performances may not have been to the highest standard that we had produced throughout the season, but you are never going to do that every week.

“You have to look at what he’s done and he’s done what he was told to do.

“Hopefully, we can go on and win that cup final and then it’s a fantastic story for him to come in and help us do that.”

Bain could be rested against Hearts should Lennon decide to give Dorus de Vries a farewell appearance.

The Hoops gaffer will take no risks with any of his regulars but the Scotland No 1 would love another clean sheet.

He said: “We go for one more and see where it finishes, although St Johnstone are on the same as us now.

“It speaks volumes for the team and the way we have performed since the mid-season break.

“We have been relentless in the defensive third of the game. We have really stopped teams creating chances.

“It’s important for us to have a good performance. It’s been a long season for a lot of the boys.

“We’ll try to perform, but we’ve already won the league.

“I got a little taste for it last year on trophy day without having played a lot in the league campaign.

“It was great for all of the fans, the players and their families.

“Just being able to contribute a little bit more than last year, it definitely means more.

“I’ll also actually get a medal this year, which is good!”

JML67 likes this.
  19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I really * like this guy. Level headed, humble but competitive. Give him the 1.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

With a fine dose of shithousery.