1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 7, 2018.

Discuss Football Manager 2019 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. M 67

Has anyone had experience of teams in Scotland being bought over?

My most exciting FM was a few years ago when Killie were brought by Brazilian sugar daddies who pumped millions and millions in, and Hibs were also bought by a wealthy Israeli who done the same!

Haven’t seen anything like this in a while. The Huns are actually a no bad challenge this year but would prefer some random * to happen as the SPL becomes a walkover after a season (that’s with me disadvantaging myself in terms of rep etc - so players don’t respect you until you win a trophy).

2. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Happend to hibs on mine, im in 2035 now and Hibs have shelled some cash over the last few years

3. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    In my Samp save I've been taken over by an Edinburgh-based consortium. Didn't invest anything but did pay off our outstanding debt, which was less than 20m iirc.

At least they didn't threaten to hire somebody else, that always seemed to happen on FM18 if you got taken over - regardless of how well you were doing.

4. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Have you got a screen shot of Souttar in your game mate.

5. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-5-2_18-53-50.png

Greg Taylor is a beast in my game in the second season. He played alot last year because KT got injured for about 6 months. Grown a bit of an attachment to him in the game and feel more loyal to him than KT weirdly but obviously the stats of KT are unreal. Highly recommend him for a back up left back at the beginning specially for the £975k i paid for him.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  6. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Sold Sinclair (£8.25 million) in my first window and Forrest (£14.5 million) half way through the season in my game and replaced them with these two beasts;

Mathias Vargas to replace Sinclair in the first window. Only cost £2.7 million for some reason. Ended up injured for like 8 months or something in the first season.

upload_2019-5-2_19-3-47.png

Cristian Pavon for Forrest in January. Cost £8 million and a hefty wage but he is dyno;

upload_2019-5-2_19-5-11.png

7. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    With the money I made on them I bought some Scottish youngsters as well;

Porteous cost only £650k

upload_2019-5-2_19-33-0.png

Allan Campbell £1.7 million;

upload_2019-5-2_19-33-48.png

David Turnbull £175k

upload_2019-5-2_19-34-22.png

8. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing spectacular attributes wise but does his job consistently well.

mickcfc91 likes this.
  9. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Thanks. Theres definitely better defenders out there but for us in the game he is ideal for the homegrown players

10. Conor_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    KIeran Tierney
    Homegrown series is going well so far

upload_2019-5-3_19-55-32.png

mickcfc91 likes this.
  11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-5-3_21-19-45.png

Killie running me close this season so far. Might just need to recall Lewis Morgan in January :L Brophy is flying for them as well. They also have Hooper and Will Keane. So pretty good fire power for a team like that.

Edit: Its worth noting that i've been resting my full team after every champions league game. Hence the number of draws and the defeat.

Conor_67 likes this.
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How much did people sell Tierney, Edouard, McGregor, Ajer, Ntcham and Forrest for?

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ntcham around £15m
    Edouard £25m
    Forrest £20m
    Tierney and Ajer can go from anything from £30-50m. Board will usually step in and accept an offer.

Never sold McGregor.

Can get about £15-20m for Rogic as well.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Just sold Tierney for £60m to Arsenal and Ntcham for £30m to Man United.

I hadn’t done a Celtic save since the game first came out and I don’t remember selling them for as much as that. Sure it was around what you’re saying!

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’ve not done one in a while either. Don’t think I’ve done it since the update.

16. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    [​IMG]

What a title race. Milan ran us close, at one stage it looked like we'd both end up with the same amount of points and we'd take the top spot on head-to-head but they muffed up their last couple of fixtures which made the gap deceptively large. Poch's boys have been a proper thorn in the side, though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Biggest point of pride was probably getting through the 38 games having only conceded 9 goals. Kept 30 clean sheets overall, Plizzari getting 26 of them and breaking his previous record of 25.

Zizou was in danger of getting his P45 from Juve at one stage when top four looked shaky, but he's just about saved himself with a strong late run and by winning the Europa League. Mancini is rated insecure at Inter and could pay the price for missing a CL spot.

Champions League was a proper kick in the guts. Made it all the way to the semis after destroying PSG in the quarters. Drew Man City and went toe to toe with them in the away leg, getting a 2-2 result. Unfortunately we had an injury crisis at the worst possible time which wiped out all three of our left wing options. In between the first and second legs we also had a 1-0 defeat to Genoa which killed our hopes of an unbeaten season. All comps unbeaten run ended up at 61 games, whilst we went 42 unbeaten in the league which is more than a season's worth anyway, so I'm just about claiming it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to resort to a makeshift left back + wing back combo for the second leg. Ended up 2-2 after 90 minutes so went into extra time, where they ended up scoring the decisive away goal. Carlo's mob went on to beat Liverpool 3-0 in the final.
    Won the Coppa to seal the domestic double, just scraped by Inter in the final with a 1-0 win via a peno.

With a view to not resting on my laurels I've gone and spent a gargantuan sum on Mathijs De Ligt. Lad has had an unsatisfying career, made the jump to Man United for 35m and played there for three seasons but didn't win a single trophy despite impressive individual form. PSG then blew a sheikh's ransom and signed him for 101m. He's had two seasons there, winning a domestic double and a domestic treble, but has apparently been finding life playing for a backwater superteam deeply unsatisfying (they amusingly boast the likes of Pogba, Dembele, Jovic, Ndombele and SMS, yet still can't make any impact in Europe).

Scout report on him landed on my desk and he was very interested in a move to Italy's premier trophy hunters. Put a bid in which was rejected, but he kicked up a fuss and they accepted a second offer. 81m up front rising to 86m, and some bonuses which could take it up to a max 93m. Though I expect it to not go beyond 92m as one of the clauses is for 50 goals, an unlikely mark for a defender to reach. Contract negotiations were robust but we managed to get him to take a sizable base pay cut, down to 180k from his PSG 215k.

Only downside is I'm now struggling to decide which of my current four CBs to sell. Thinking Anderson would be a good candidate in light of his likely impending IRL departure from Samp. Markovic is the youngest so I should probably be holding onto him, Varnier pops up in the Italy squad from time to time which I like, and Souttar still has 6.5m in outstanding loyalty bonus having recently extended his deal so fiscally it would make little sense to sell him. Whichever one I decide to sell we should pull in a big fee as Man City are on the hunt for a CB and are listed as very interested in three of them. Will get 50m+.

Locatelli is getting the boot due to the Ukranian Shakthar regen DM I bought last year excelling on loan. Coaches all rate him on par with Tonali, some even put him ahead of Tonali. No room for 3 DMs so Locatelli is the collateral victim. Will be moving to Chelsea for 58m along with 5% of next sale.

[​IMG]

Pinamonti ended up doing most of the heavy lifting when it came to goals. Sold Belotti to Juve for 67m in Jan so decided to recall Argie regen Larzabal from Roma, who popped up with 8 goals which was a decent return. Kean had a decent season but missed a big chunk at the end through injury. Vignato was amazing, massive uptick in his goals tally from last season, don't often see 20 from a winger. Also the most creative player. Another move I made in Jan was a regen RB from Bayern. Bitterly regret not spotting him earlier as they bought him from Schalke for a measly 8.5m, while I had to part with 46.5m. Well worth it though, he's a cut above Vagnoman already and boasts massive potential.

Have been thinking about moving for a new RW next season, despite Vignato doing really well. Alex Fernandez has been patchy but I'll struggle to sell him. Trincao will be coming back so might just integrate him back into the fold. But I've also got a really good Argentine regen who has been doing the business on loan at Velez, scoring 10 goals. So I'd like to have a look at him. Keep trying to get Chiesa from Spurs but their demands are unreasonable.

Other than that no real plans to spend. Might sell Audero if somebody bids for him as I've got a couple of Italian regen keepers good enough to perform backup duty. Will also try to sell my previous 2nd-choice RB Beresynski, and probably Nicolas Domnguez as well who I don't really need. So will be sitting on a huge pile of cash.

[​IMG]

* Insigne ruining a team of the season sweep.

mickcfc91 and Kyogo Furuhashi like this.
  17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Wish i was still on this level of commitment to FM like i use to be. Just hardly play it anymore. Your team looks class.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  18. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Started a new game with Swansea. Here is my signings so far;

upload_2019-5-24_18-52-16.png

upload_2019-5-24_18-52-47.png

Only cost £2.6 million. Bargain.

upload_2019-5-24_18-53-17.png

Solid back up for McBurnie.

upload_2019-5-24_18-53-41.png

Trying for a solid young UK 11.

19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Added these solid loans;

upload_2019-5-24_19-11-49.png

upload_2019-5-24_19-12-8.png

upload_2019-5-24_19-12-25.png
    upload_2019-5-24_19-12-46.png

upload_2019-5-24_19-13-2.png

Really excited about Chukwueze. He is brilliant in real life.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    mickcfc91 likes this.