1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Sad to hear the extent of the injury.....good luck and speedy recovery to Ryan.

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Absolutely disgusting that he has to miss out on the rest of the season because of the actions of a * brainless thug.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Update from Lenny.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Personally thought the challenge was awful and I don't like blaming other players when someone gets hurt because it's a contact sport, but that whole game reeked of overtly physical aggression which was very similar to another game we played this season when players were scything us down as if they would get away scot free and I'm sure for most tackles they did, who was that again?

Anyway, love Christie, think he's a brilliant disrupter of defences sitting in with his tireless movement and we will miss him but right now I'm just happy he's alright and wish him a comfortable recuperation and look forward to seeing him next season.

5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Great wee player and a tough cookie.

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    This wee guy has become a firm favourite of mine :49:

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wasn't intentional but..

Quite disappointed in Lenny by the way. I know he's pally with McInnes but he should've been hammering that animal for that. McInnes would've been slamming table's if that was Broony..

freitassen and Tommy25 like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “
    @ryanchristie2
    , as you know, had surgery. There are multiple fractures - eye socket, jaw and cheekbone. He’s come through it okay. His welfare is paramount, so we’ll be doubtful about him for the rest of the season.”

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

should make an example of ball for the challenge 6 game ban for violent reckless challenge, the only way well get rid of the dirty challenges is by the referees hammering the players that commit them

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

No, The Fa need to hammer them. The ref just needs to send them off.
    That challenge in my eyes is close to getting the lawyer / police involved.

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Hope he heals well and keeps his spirits up because he has to realise that he has contributed so much to the season. Became a fans favourite fairly quickly and the support were with him from the start.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Pearse67*

Is that his missus?
    He looks more feminine than she does.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Think so.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ryan Christie has hit back at Rangers stars who celebrated the win over Celtic at the weekend.

Ibrox players took to Twitter to revel in their second derby victory of the season.

Rangers skipper James Tavernier insisted "Glasgow is blue" while Wes Foderingham posted a similar message on social media.

But Celtic star Christie, who missed the 2-0 defeat through injury, has taunted their rivals.

He pointed to the fact the champions have a trophy day to look forward to – and a Scottish Cup Final that could see Neil Lennon’s side romp to their third clean sweep in a row.

Christie said: "It all gets blown out of proportion, especially after Old Firm games.

You saw that with a couple of comments – that Glasgow is blue. But we’re going into the last two weeks with a trophy day and a Cup Final to look forward to. They certainly don’t have that.

"At the weekend Glasgow will definitely be green and white."

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RC: “I’m okay, I’m getting there slowly but surely. I’m over the worst of it now. It’s nice to be back here and seeing all the boys again.

RC: “I’ve been buzzing watching the boys form the sidelines. They’ve been magnificent to wrap the league up and are now going into a huge cup final to wrap the season up. It’s frustrating to miss games but I still feel part of it and I’ll be supporting the boys.”

RC: “Everyone wants to play in big games, especially cup finals and big games in the league. I was lucky enough to play in the last cup final and I enjoyed that so it certainly feels like I’ve had my part to play this season.”

RC: “Right now I’m looking to go back into full training for the start of pre-season. I should be on target for that.”

RC: “At the start of the season I didn’t know what to expect. To break in and have an impact at Celtic has been brilliant. It’s what I wanted when I signed.“

RC: “We’re going into the last two games of the season with a trophy day and cup final. At the weekend, Glasgow will definitely be green and white.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It is big miss not having Christie in the team right now. His goal threat and runs from deep have been badly missed. Lets hope next season he can be injury free as he has become such an important players for us and you feel if he could be injury free he could easily be a player of the year candidate in terms of his impact on our team and level of play.

Tommy25 and Whoflungdung like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RYAN Christie may have missed out on helping Celtic wrap up the league title during the final stages of the campaign, but the Hoops midfielder summed up his season as ‘very positive’ and added he was eagerly anticipating Trophy Day at Paradise this weekend.

Christie has been out injured after sustaining multiple facial fractures during Celtic’s 3-0 Scottish Cup semi-final win over Aberdeen last month and will not be back in time for the remaining two fixtures.

But he recently returned to training alongside his team-mates and revealed he was now working his way back to fitness

“I’m over the worst of it now,” he said. “It’s nice to be back here and seeing all the boys again. It’s a little bit frustrating that the season is finished now for me, so unfortunately I’ll have to wait until after the summer to play again.

“Right now I’m looking to go back into full training for the first day of pre-season and take it from there. I should be on target for that and if I can make that, I’ll be happy.”

The 24-year-old midfielder looked on from the sidelines as his team-mates clinched Celtic’s eighth successive league title with a 3-0 win at Pittodrie two weekends ago. Christie has been instrumental to the Hoops’ silverware success this season, scoring the winning goal in the League Cup final, and he admitted he achieved more than he initially thought possible at the onset.

“Even though I’m missing out on the end of the season, I’ll look back on the whole season very positively,” he said. “At the start of the season I was struggling to believe that I could push into the team.

"To be at the other end of the season now and look back and see the impact I've made has been brilliant. It’s what I wanted when I signed. It pushes me on now for next season and makes me excited.

“I’ve been buzzing watching the boys from the sidelines. They’ve been magnificent in wrapping the league up and are now going into a huge cup final to end it all. It’s frustrating to miss games, but I still feel part of it and I’ll be supporting the boys.

“Everyone wants to play in these big games, especially cup finals and big games in the league. I was lucky enough to play in the last cup final and I enjoyed that, so it certainly feels like I’ve had my part to play this season.”

Christie will look on from the stand this Sunday when the Hoops face Hearts in the final league game before being presented with the Premiership trophy. Despite the ups and downs of the season, Christie said the team and fans can enjoy a positive end to the campaign.

“When you look at it now, we’re going into the last two games of the season with a Trophy Day and a cup final,” he said. “No one else has that, so I think at the weekend Glasgow will definitely be green and white.

"It’ll be brilliant for me and all the boys. My family are all coming down and I’m really looking forward to it.”

Tommy25 likes this.