1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    har har thought you would have bit to that few days ago , honestly Anton was ok .

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56: :50:

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kieran Tierney could miss Scotland’s crunch Euro 2020 summer clashes with Cyprus and Belgium.

The Celtic defender’s long-term recovery plan from injury issues is being assessed and Neil Lennon has reiterated his wish to try to give the defender a lengthy break in an attempt to get him back to top speed.

Lennon insists the call on 
Tierney’s potential participation in the June double-header will be made by the Scotland set-up.

But he said: “Ideally I’d love to shut Kieran down for three months and give him a rest.

“Let him do some conditioning work and stay off the grass. It’s not an ideal situation at the minute. I can’t make that decision (on 
Scotland). Tim Williamson is our physio so he’ll make that call 
with Alex McLeish and his 
backroom staff.”

Tierney battled through the pain barrier before cramping up in the latter stages of the Old Firm win over Rangers three days ago.

Lennon reckons several players are pushing themselves to the limit. He said: “Kieran looked great for an hour but then the psychology of the game gets to you.

4. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Let him play in the Cup Final (assuming we get there) so he can get a medal (he deserves it) and then shut him down until August.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Shaun Maloney reckons Kieran Tierney's mentality puts him in the same bracket as some of the world's top defenders.

The former Celtic star has spoken in-depth about what makes the current Hoops hero one of the brightest prospects in Europe

Tierney has been consistently linked with big-money moves to the English Premier League, with Arsenal and Manchester United just two of his admirers.

And Maloney believes it's the 21-year-old's belief in himself that sets him apart.

Maloney was the last player to scoop both Scotland's Player of the Year and Young Player of the Award in Scotland, but he believes Tierney could well be the next to achieve the feat.

"For sure you could see Kieran Tierney doing that," Maloney told Graham Hunter's Big Interview podcast

“I don’t know how old he is now but the level he was at before his injury problems, definitely. It wouldn’t be a huge surprise if he did manage to do that in the next few years.

“Working with the reserves I didn’t get to work with him too much, when I was at Celtic he was obviously a first-team player.

Towards the end of my Scotland career he started coming into the squad and he’s got amazing heart.

“When you speak about the top defenders, Kieran shows similar traits in terms of backing himself one-on-one.

"He’s very very aggressive, technically sound, really good speed even in the attacking area.

For Celtic he’s been a really good outlet on that left side, particularly the first season under Brendan Rodgers where he played really high and was exceptional.

He’s obviously a massive Celtic fan, but behind that there’s his work at the training ground. He works with the coaches extremely hard to actually become a better defender in terms of position and technique and things.

“He looks like that elite defender that we speak about.

Lancashire Nick likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    bagforlife likes this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Was poor the day..

8. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Been struggling for form for a while. Nothing clicking.

9. TheHappyLoss

Actually thought he played quite well

10. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Really surprised he was even on the pitch at all today.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  11. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KIERAN TIERNEY has dealt Scotland a massive blow by revealing he will almost certainly miss their crunch Euro 2020 double header.

The Celtic star has a pelvic injury which needs complete rest at the end of the season.

Scotland host Cyprus on June 8 and then travel to Belgium three days later.

With Celtic due to report back for pre-season training on June 17, Tierney wouldn’t have enough time to fully recover.

The 21-year-old has already missed ten weeks of the season and is determined to be fit for the Hoops’ Champions League qualifiers in July.

Tierney said: “For my career, 100 per cent it would benefit me to rest, of course it would.

But it is up to Scotland and Celtic to talk about that.

“I’m not here saying I want to pull out, but I do want what’s best for the country and if I go there and I’m not completely fit, that won’t be the case.

“But our physio Tim Williamson does both Scotland and Celtic and he’ll know what’s best for everyone.

“You need to look after yourself as well and if I can’t go there 100 per cent fit, what’s the point?”

If Celtic beat Aberdeen in today’s Scottish Cup semi- final, Tierney is planning to take three weeks off after the final on May 25.

He said: “That’s the timescale. That’s what it will have to be and with the right programmes and rest, I will be perfect.

“I’ve heard so often that it’s my hip, I’ve got Andy Murray’s hip, that I’m going for an op. That’s all news to me!

It’s my pubis bone, and it’s just through overuse. The intensity of our games and training, the number of games — and it’s been non-stop for me since I was 17 — it’s all just caught up.

“But it’s nothing too serious. I’m playing, I’m training and I’m getting through it fine.

“After the game it will feel a bit stiff, but that’s expected. Lots of people who’ve had it have told me I’ll be fresh when I’ve had a break.

It will take a few weeks of just doing nothing to recover the full body. It’s not just the pubis, you need to recover your legs.

“And at Celtic, to get a good break, you then come straight back into Champions League qualifiers, so we need the break.

“I’ve spoken to other guys who’ve had this injury and they’re reassuring me it goes away and you make a full recovery.”

Boss Neil Lennon also believes Tierney will suffer long-term damage if he does not take a complete break this summer.

He said: “KT will have to have a rest.

“He can’t keep going with a couple of weeks off and then back into it because you are always going to break down.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm glad the wee man's confirmed he's no got the same hip problem as Andy Murray..

Rydo1888*, Jeremie Frimpong and jpr21 like this.
  18. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Won't stop the huns telling each other any anyone that will listen that he has.
    "I heard from a friend of his family that he'll be done by 25."
    "Aye I heard the same"

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    "Never aff the proper"

"Retiring at the end of the season. Nobody will touch him"

Cool Billy..

jpr21 likes this.