1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Update: 50 Dead after Mosque attacks in New Zealand

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Harry Caray, Mar 15, 2019.

Discuss Update: 50 Dead after Mosque attacks in New Zealand in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    One pertinent paragraph Swerve, we’re getting there

The IRA likes this.
  2. HoopSprings

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Horrific. RIP to all the men, women and kids who lost their lives today.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  3. angusceltic67

Oh FFS what? I was merely pointing out that the last time Israel attacked Gaza a certain plane came down in Eastern Ukraine and so media attention was diverted. I won't attempt to try and make any connections yet, but it's one * of a coincidence.

First of all I condemn this attack by a deranged lunatic who has only gone and made things worse by giving radical muslims an excuse to carry out revenge attacks, and my heart goes out to the victims and their families for what it's worth.

But lets call a spade a spade here, the last couple of decades has seen the west killing innocent Muslims on an industrial scale, we have turned many of their countries into wastelands and fueled a massive rise in refugee's fleeing those countries which in turn has fueled a rise in both right wing and Wahabi extremists, this is a Western created mess that will only get worse.

Seen a few British politicians shedding Croc tears today like TM herself who came on condemned the attack, really? Is this fucken monster setting herself up for the hypocrite of the century award. I mean she herself has blocked any notions of stopping sending arms to countries like Saudia Arabia while that country is turning Yemen into a stone age replica and all the while she actually profits from this death and destruction by having shares in the very companies who are sending these arms.

You know there are people on here who have been posting regularly about Western funded wars and the terrors inflicted on innocent Muslim peoples for years, but the vast majority will just sit back and say nothing, then something like this happens and everybody comes out of the woodwork to say how terrible it all is. The hypocrisy is mind boggling at times. If people really do give a * then get yourself off down to Southampton or wherever and start protesting or even attempting to block the next arms shipment going out that will inevitably kill innocent people, until then it all looks a bit fake TBH.

The IRA likes this.
  4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song

Agree mate the scum is the * carrying out this atrocities .
    Why the * would somebody go looking for videos of this atrocity unless you were warped ?

5. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    I'm glad I've not been sent the video .I won't go and try and find it.it sounds harrowing . But in this day and age it is inevitable that it will be Doing the rounds for years which also scares me because I wouldn't want my children to see it in years to come when they have their own phones.sharing it around is the worst thing that anyone can do .that's what this terrorist wanted by filming it.

Jeannie960 and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Exactly. Morbid curiousity or not, to intentionally go out of the way to try and watch these images is playing precisely into the hands of this * - and those like him - who did this live streaming with the purpose that he wanted people to see him carry out this senseless slaughter. And for those that are even contemplating trying to find this, think of this - these are people's last moments. These are images that once you have seen them, you can NEVER unsee them. So just don't go there.

Every person deserves to die with dignity. This scumbag has already taken that from them for his own warped agenda, but to view this - or anything like it is again playing into his hands and stealing that dignity that these unfortuate, innocent and indescriminate victims of all ages.

Johniebhoy., clonbhoy, Gundog and 5 others like this.
  7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

Actually I wouldn't watch anything like this. I'm a coward as I couldn't live with those images in my head....it's too disturbing. That being said I think that you have a point. We hear about these atrocities one after the other and we shake our heads and say that's terrible, vile, they're sick people. But does it really touch us? Really? We don't see it and nor do we live it so are we really touched by it? I agree we're hearing so much we're becoming desensitized or inured to it. Would it be more real if we actually saw it? Would the outcome be the same? No doubt the world is a bad bad place and more so that all the vile stuff can be rapidly spread via the internet and social media. I'm not sure we're doing ourselves any favours by editing out the bad stuff and at the same time I don't want to see it. What's happening is real and paradoxically whilst we intrude on the horrific circumstances by watching these people in their vulnerable last moments we stand witness to who and what was done to them. It's all about truth really and most of us don't want it slapped in our faces. Hypocrisy and denial reigns and meanwhile murder and mayhem rules. Sometimes I think the world is due for a reset button.

Johniebhoy., packybhoy and buchanbhoy like this.
  8. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    See I agree with what you're saying too.

9. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    What really got to me was the fact that the last two words his first victim said to him were "hello brother".

10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    If Jesus Christ himself was standing there, extending the hand of friendship, it wouldn't have made any difference. Once he was standing there with the gun it was going to happen.

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Anyone seen this pile of *.

AAC3C3A4-A752-4599-AB80-06C279A887EF.jpeg

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I wish he * was, that is an absolute riot of a statement. :47:

14. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    * gobshite mate. Lowest of the low rat *.

Johniebhoy., The IRA and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Just seen a video of him punching a minor twice, the young boy smacked him with an egg and he skelped him.

16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!

Brilliant Post cool Bhoy:50:

17. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Oh ffs there isn't a single piece of news that you won't twist into some deeper conspiracy-based bullshit that matches your warped view of the world. Unless of course Putin is the person in question, in which case it'll be twisted the opposite way. You weren't "merely pointing out" anything. You were posting absolute *. As you regularly do. Total lack of respect for the victims. Always nonsensical theories with nothing to ever back it up, and no. Zany conspiracy "news" websites and blogs don't count. Shockingly.

"I won't make any connections. " :giggle1: You already did.

I'm as anti-Zionism and western imperialism as anyone. But you are pathetic.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Calls Islam a violent religion then posts a violent passage from the Christian Bible to justify his warped view.

Not the sharpest shrimp tail on the barbie.

19. angusceltic67

Whatever.......

Even Muslims are saying basically the same as me......

20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Wasn't going to comment on this but it's been on my mind quite a lot the last few days.

This is happening all too often and of course it doesn't matter what nationality or race ihese actions affect .

What I find odd on social media (Facebook) anyway, every attack similar to this , certain people have put a flag on their profile picture.

I don't think I've seen any after this attack.
    I very rarely post a status on that platform but I felt the need to ask this morning.