1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sevco game...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Forestbhoy66, Mar 15, 2019.

Discuss Sevco game... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not up for the game, but is anyone else getting a bit of grief for it being on mothers day ..? Wife good as gold but hard to jiggle things to keep everyone happy.......is it just me...:43: :50:

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It was on Mother’s Day last year too.

Watched it at my old man’s to solve the problem.

May well do the same again.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No aimed at the op directly but it annoys me when the mutant threads go up when we've still got game's in between..

Couple of pal's no coming up because of mother's day. 1 said his missus will leave him :rofl: and the other's just had a sprog and missus first mother's day but still might come..

Mother's day and my missus birthday on the 2nd but * all that man there's a party to be had :56:

Garrymac1888, tomlamb, Devlin and 6 others like this.
  4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Nah mate. My missus knows and takes the huns games as a necessity. Both sides of the family are all of the hooped persuasion and the importance of lording it up in the past was paramount. Now the fixture doesn’t hold the same significance but after they won the league in the last game this will be slap down day. And we will leave the spousal abuse to the filth.

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    See Mother’s Day is better celebrated in a romantic setting just after the official date. Better service in restaurants and drinking establishments. You can speak sweet nothings without having to scream and there is transport available. And the money saved from the high cost of occasion can purchase nice flowers or fragrance. Sorted for Hun slaying Sunday.:celt_2:

CelticBoabie and McChiellini.. like this.
  6. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

I’ve already warned my maw she’s absolutely not seeing me on the 31st.

I’ll take her out next year.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    She's good like that. She said don't worry until the weekend after for it all mate :50:

Get my aunt to drop flower's in for the old dear and that as well everyone's a winner. As you said above. They know when it comes to Celtic game's that we can work around it :lenny1:

packybhoy likes this.
  8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’ll no be seeing my maw either.

She’ll be at the game.

Nicole, tomlamb, Bobo_ and 4 others like this.
  9. Eastend boy

Ma mum is dead,so can go to the game with no guilt.
    As long as the kids get their mum a card I’m good to go.

wd2oo3 likes this.
  10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Some of the juxtapositions on this thread require crunching mental gear changes, man. :56:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Tbh if my Mother insisted that we do something that day then she wins, that mob are a freak show that just happens to masquerade as ‘rangers’. So if she does I’ll let you know a ticket is available.

12. Belgian_lad

In belgium mothersday is only in May! So no hassle from the misses! Oh wait, i am single lol

tomlamb and Murph-E like this.
  13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I went to see my mum on Mothers day last year. Most of the female staff in her nursing home phoned in sick that day! I believe it was either because of the game or that they were mothers themselves and had daughters treating them or they were visiting their own mothers. Personally I didn't have to weigh it up as I consider my wee mum more important than any football match. She's 91 and might never see another Mothers day. That being said I can't go this time because I'm actually working, we're only a small team, and there's literally no chance of anyone swapping shifts with me. We have a lot of elderly or vulnerable people sitting waiting at home for us to come in and help them. It's left me with mixed feelings about the day as I would have preferred to go see mum. It's a split shift and I'm off in the middle of the day so I will get to see the 2nd half. Had I more time to get to mum's home and back for the second part of my shift there would be no question that she would have won out.

14. ladbroke8

Mothers day...its no the 90s ffs

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    You might think that it's an outdated tradition and you're entitled to your opinion. I think it's a lovely idea to have a day set aside each year to dedicate to our mother. Why not and what harm does it do? I don't have children but I watch the joy that the day brings to women around me. It's a special day to them. I love my mum irrespective of the day, month whatever but I appreciate that it's nice to have a day to make mum's feel truly special. All the unstinting sacrifices they made for us in life and how they nurtured us be the people we are today......it's a privilege to honour them. I appreciate that not everyone has had the blessings of having a mother to nurture and care for them and for a lot of people it will have been a grandparent, relative or some significant other who have brought them on in life. The sentiment is the same. I used to receive mothers day cards from a niece! So many people nowadays just want to take from life and believe that everything is/or was their due for being brought into the world. A lot of folk won't do anything for anyone without it being of personal benefit to them. It's a sad reflection on society that we can't prioritize the things that are most important in life. In my opinion if it makes your mammy feel special just for 5 minutes on that day it was worthwhile. I only have one wee mum and as I said she's 91 and might not see another MD....for me personally I won't take anything in life for granted.

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My maw, the weans maw and the mother-in-law will all watch the game while am at it then after it we will all go out with it being a very early kickoff

17. ladbroke8

I was only jesting mate!

Steak n * day is where it's at though!

Jeannie960 likes this.
  18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    trust a man to have it all about him :56::56::56::56:

ladbroke8 and bagforlife like this.
  19. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    Take her to the game. If you can't get a ticket you could always just hang around outside and savour the atmosphere as we pump the Huns.

Perfect Mother's Day gift.

20. CelticBoabie

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Well said mate, that will bring a tear to a glass eye.HH

bagforlife and Jeannie960 like this.