1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic’s next permanent manager

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic’s next permanent manager in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I wouldn't talk up other managers while Lenny is here. Would you have sanctioned talking up Rose if Brendan was still here.

Tell Lenny we've decided to part ways then talk up managers.

Remember, as someone has already said, most things in life that require a positive result require confidence chasing 10iar is going to require incredible mental strength to be sustain confedence that long and be able to bounce right back after the disasters.

Don't know Rose, don't know Salzburg's signing system or how well developed their youth academy is, don't know how much of a * he would give, if he's a well quoted manager I don't know if he'd want to risk blowing 10iar as most folk still think ouir league is pish. Stevie g was sent up here to sort us out cause he's the EPL's finest and they want to make amends after hard man Scouser Barton shat his load. Slippy has only lost the Cup mind, this could be the making or breaking of him depending on how well he gets over and gets utra focused on winning every game.

I'm being ultra hypotheical cause well we have to be. Hearts won the league for the first time in their history I think till about 20 mins from time while we had to win by 3 was it? I know we scored one of Celtic's finest wi' McGrain at LB, that was quick decisive passing as if every player already knew what to do with it. What a day to find that kind of form.

If it goes downt o the last game of the season are you going to the stadium wherever it is? Ij'm going to get arrested so if we win I can sing like * wi' the rest of the troops and the polis will have to release us, After we get out of hospital the party will still be in full flow, probably be a huddle in the * run hospital tae

2. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Mourinho would be great because there would have to be some sort of really noticeable improvement in our raw ambition. Plus he would get our wow factor at Celtic Park in Europe at the very least.

Silky Hoops likes this.
  3. Silky Hoops

If it was Mourinho we would be going full 360 degrees. From Porto to Parkhead.
    Football heritage.

cidermaster likes this.
  4. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Mourinho a standout candidate but a lot of fans don't like him because of Seville or just as a person, but that would all be forgotten about if he delivered domestically and even more in europe.

5. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Giving Napoli a run for their money in the last 16 is certainly better than what we’ve achieved in the Europa league under Rodgers, getting easily put out to a crap Zenit side and another easy walking over by Valencia in the last 32, scoring just once in the last four games in the last 32. Think people are also forgetting that they put out Dortmund and Lazio last season. Lennon is good for 10 in a row, but if he is made permanent I want to see the difference in wages being put back into the team and not penny pinching .

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    They didn't give Napoli a run for their money.

7. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    I have a feeling we might go for jokanovic if he doesn't take the west Bromwich job. Hope we make a decision before the players leave for summer break

8. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    They lost 4-3 on aggregate, I would say that's pretty close

9. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Lennon will be here for a couple of years at least I think.

10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Rodgers raised the bar with the level of proffesionalism and records being broken never seen in spl. It would take a top level appointment to capture the imagination again and sell season books.

Although Lennon is well liked.

The IRA likes this.
  11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Then you would be wrong. Do you think we ran Valencia or Zenit pretty close ? As both ties were closer. The tie was pretty much over after the 1st leg but totally finished when Napoli went 4 up with an away goal. After that they were neverwithin 3 goals of Napoli until an injury time consolation meant they only needed 2 more in injury time. Nowhere near close pal sorry .

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Fans buy season tickets because they support Celtic not whoever the * manager is, and can I ask do you have a season ticket?

Seán Mac D likes this.
  13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Is there no a big waiting list for season books ? We aren't going to have any problem selling season books for next season.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    yes i do , And you saw the greeting Rodgers got and instantly got everyone onside..The quality of football on offer and expectations is a big thing.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yes he got some greeting because he was selling us all a pup, yes he nearly took Liverpool to the league but his arrogance cost him that title. That very same arrogance caused us some absolutely embarrassing results in Europe where he refused to adapt. If Lennon gets the job then I can assure you he won’t be trying to play Barca & PSG off the * park due to his ego.

16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Thing is Celtic sold more season tickets with Rodgers than Ronny. People dump their season tickets. I do think Lennon would keep those season ticket sales due to the clubs high view of him.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    People also bought them because that mob where in the league, yes a lot bought because of Rodgers but a lot wanted the games against them back, new club or not.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  18. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Lennon still got to prove himself all over again , yes it worked before..

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So does any other manager that comes in not have to prove himself? Is it just Lennon.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I would say the board have got to prove themselves more than Lennon. His record of trophies, decent European campaigns and talent for spotting a player speaks for itself.

This summer is huge for us. We have stacks of cash in the bank and are losing a big chunk of our squad. I have every faith we would come out the summer window stronger than we entered it if we gave Lennon a decent budget to work with. I have less faith in the board of providing said budget.

scuzzy and StPauli1916 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.