1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Allergies

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Healy, Dec 23, 2008.

Discuss Allergies in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Was looking at that recently through Boots. Looks like it'll be a year's worth of injections and I think they might be pricey.

2. Silky Hoops

Yeah. Was just reading about a pest control guy who died of anaphylactic shock after getting stung by a wasp.

He did not have any allergies to wasp stings before. Scary.

bagforlife likes this.
  3. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Indeed, wonder if all the chemicals we breathe in and spray on plants has anything to do with it

4. Silky Hoops

Must do.

I don't spray chemicals on plants anymore, I've got wise to that, too dodgy.

Look at that Round Up weedkiller, gives you cancer.

And then there is chem trails.

cidermaster and bagforlife like this.
  5. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah, you can definitely become allergic to something that didn't bother you before.

My son loved shellfish, used to eat it once, sometimes twice a week, then one day, he took a bad reaction to Prawns. He didn't go into anaphylactic shock but I was warned that it was a very high chance that he would if he ingested shellfish again.

I also developed an allergy to Kiwi fruit and pollen as an *.

bagforlife likes this.
  6. leeso-ardoyne

It's everything we eat now * us all up. You wouldn't believe the shites that getting put into our food or fed to the things we eat. Food and I say that term loosely, it's designed in a lab now to stay on the shelf longer and also to get us addicted to it. Put this tgrothr your system and its a recipe for disaster! Allergies are the least of our worries but I know one thing, I wouldn't go getting jabbed up to try to solve them..

bagforlife likes this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

Cats wee horrible sneaky bassas

8. leeso-ardoyne

Roundup is * amazing for getting rid of weeds but it's highly toxic. I used to use it alot when I first bought my land however I was a daft *, used to use it with a back pack sprayer leaking all over my back. I was very niaeve thinking a * it, I'll just get a shower and wash it off. Was only a young kid back then in my early 20s. I put it down to a few health issues I've had over the years since then. Now, I wouldn't have the dirt anywhere near my place. Rock salt, vinegar is a natural weed killer that I'd only use now.

Silky Hoops likes this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Absolutely nothing and never have been, weirdly.

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I have a * load of allergies, including exercise.

Well, not exactly. There are certain foods (cheese being one, unsure of many) that if I eat them and exercise afterwards it brings on an anaphylactic shock. Walked home from a mates house after eating pizza a couple of years ago and I ended up being rushed to hospital and almost died.

Sketchy but I have it fairly under control for the most part.

I was never breast fed as a child and I'm pretty sure that's one of the main reasons I have so many allergies. If and when I have a child I'll be insisting on the child being breast fed for at least the first two weeks.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Bottle fed from birth, allergic to nothing.

Don’t doubt for a second breast is best but won’t be the only variable!

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Never been allergic to anything until about 3 years ago. Got Emily a bunny and within 2 hours my eyes were swollen shut.

She loves her hamster.

13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah mate many people aren't breast fed and don't have allergies but I'm obviously very susceptible to them. Over the last few years Ive developed an allergy to peanuts and lactose (to an extent.. haven't really sussed it out fully). Also allergic to cats and dogs, bananas, egg whites and a load more things.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Holy *. I was bottle fed by about 3 different mother's and the only allergy I have is to rabbits.

You just sound really unlucky, or talking yourself into new allergies...

15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

My point is.. if you were to check with people who actually have allergies and see are they bottle fed or not and then you may see a correlation. I never said all bottle fed babies have allergies. That would be ridiculous.

I've had allergy tests mate and have been referred to the top immunologist in Ireland. Also been rushed to hospital multiple times so pretty sure I ain't making it up.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I don't doubt it mate and sorry for sounding so flippant. You are ridiculously unlucky if you are picking up new allergies all the time. I don't envy you.

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Haha no worries man. It's not as bad as it sounds. Haven't been to hospital in over two years and I exercise regularly. Just have to skip the pizzas and satay sauce unfortunately.

18. Silky Hoops

Sounds like you have learned the hard way :50: Rock salt and vinegar are new ones to me, you learn something new everyday, don't you ?.

I have always subscribed to hard work and elbow grease to remove weeds, and I think the hoe is the best friend of the gardener. If you are prepared to roll your sleeves up, brave the elements and put the time in, then you can't beat the hoe. On top of all that by hoeing regularly you aerate the soil and make it more friable and crumbly, and more conducive to achieving successful crops and plants.And another good and holistic tactic to deal with weeds is to simply suppress them with a good rich layer of peat, that also has the knock on effect of protecting your vulnerable plants, shrubs and vegetables from damaging frost and ice.

19. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Alcohol brings me out in hives now, been that way for over a year.

20. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura