1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Had a full week before Aberdeen and we looked clueless at times!

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It’s not too big a gap we flung 5 point lead away with 4 games to go in 2005

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yesterday was a chance for proper daylight between us and them * still fuming!

Good thing is Motherwell have to fight for a top6 place going into games before the split they will struggle at fir park as for their game against us I worry about Toljan or lustig up against Kent!

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    8 points isn't a proper gap?

StPauli1916, JML67 and JC Anton like this.
  5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I'm not convinced 8 points is that big considering we have to play them twice and our performance yesterday.

We let them off yesterday and I'm still not happy about that at all.

I hope we don't have as has been mentioned a few posts back ...another 2005.

I'd have maybe had Hayes on at some point yesterday...the two young guns ain't ready for this kind of pressure.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It’s March and it’s the first points we’ve dropped at home and we didn’t lose, can’t be too harsh with our criticism.

StPauli1916 and Liam Scales like this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's not a huge gap, but they have Aberdeen, followed by Killie, us, and Hearts. We have Dundee, them, St.Mirren, and Livingston.

Aberdeen were difficult to break down yesterday and I doubt any of the opposition in the next few fixtures will have the same resolve the dons did, yesterday.

8. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    Aye theyve got Ryan Jack running their midfield now instead of deidcos Ricksen, we're * :lenny2::56:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  9. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    * sake some of yous need to calm down. We were playing against a team that were only a step away from actually having the team stand on their goal line :giggle1: . This with the fact that we are missing our 3 best midfielders, the actual heart of our team, theres a reason why we play with a big triangle empty space in the middle just now. After all the constant * that gets thrown at the players from the fans, media, refs and now managers one thing they do is bounce back, sometimes we need a kick up the * and thats when we are at our best.You really think the players and Lennon are going to be happy with their performan against Aberdeen.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Kent is * rotten. :56:

The IRA likes this.
  11. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Anyone thinking that the huns can finish the next 9 games 9 points better off than us is surely having a laugh.
    They have been * all season.

12. JordyBhoy Árd rí Éireann

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Spot on. First half we were better side without being great, but second half :39:.Every time they lost the ball, nearly every man was getting back behind the ball, or at times as we was so slow, every man was getting back behind the ball, and we struggled to break them down, while kept giving them the ball back stupidly to let them break.

Yesterday was a blip, fully expect us to bounce back in style at the weekend.

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I like to be positive and I'm quite sure if we play even 80% of our form we'll add enough points to the 8 to keep us safe and I have a feeling we'll win the Cup too, now that everyone things we're there for the taking.

Only once this season has a team seen us there for the taking and we all remember the disbelief among 99% of us when we seen CM at LB.

Was aslo the first time we noticed why they reduced our fan allocation because it felt strange, even though we were giving it plenty we had no chance of making a impact as the 12th that won there for the previous 11/12 game with Broony winning MOTM most game.

Broony played like John Grieg wi' a dug humping his leg, Callum suggested to us that there was something strange happening in the mind of BR. And even then he nearly scored with a simple run up the wing cause they don't know how to overload properly

I feel like saying they deserved to win for spotting the weakness in Brendan's tactics and overloading us but seriously, when NtCham and Brown are making worse mistakes than Boyata and a team beats us with a deflection after avoiding an equaliser by what must be a 3 mm offside decision I think I have to say we lost that game.

Not sour grapes, they've pumped us plenty of times, during the astonishing 1948 season when we were in the terrifying position of playing the last game of the season having to win to win to avoid relegation.

What would be the worst feeling? Losing the 10iar Challenge or getting relegated last game of the season? Anyone who was at or even listening to the St Mirren game will probably think hmm what if it was Robert Kidd who came on for Dundee in that game :43:

When the huns beat us during Tommy's fantastic attempt at beautiful football, they deserved to win then, it happened too often and we were naive. Still, in all their 9 in a row years they never played better than us those two years.

I don't like to be negative but some comments are making me think maybe we should try to look at it like a genuine neutral.

I used to have a look at what the bookies said when I was having a mental break down after a bad result. At this stage of the season I think it's almost meaningless.

The main problem is confidence. It's been discussed on here many times how much it affects a team's performance.

Most of the greats have the ability not to let negativity affect them which is quite simple when one compares their abilities compared to opposition players but more importantly it takes a great manager and assistant manager to be able to knock some sense into players with wobbly knees and an assistant manager (Like the legendary Sean) to remind players if a managers is telling you to wise up it's because he thinks you're very good. There are no successful managers who take the time to shout at * players who might be having moments of doubt.

A manager will destroy that players confidence by laughing like * at the thought of him actually thinking he getting near the team sheet never mind doubting if he's up to playing against the best team in the world.

Very few managers can get a team thinking as one unit with pure self belief without an assistant to balance the reasoning.

I * myself even just imagining what it must'be been like to play a bad game for the Lions. Even if he started the sentence with ' next game you ya clown, if you start playing like that I'm grabbing the keys to that windae licker bus, driving onto the pitch and subbing you with the guy in the first seat."

I would believe him. Till Sean comes over and says calm down lad, least he says you're starting and I have the keys to that bus cause as much as I know he's putting the fear of * into you, you never know."

Cheers Sean. "Now come on Cesar, go out there and get the youth to practise some corners for you to clear. Any they score, you pay them a fiver. If you think that's a lot, you should've heard the deal Jock has for Bertie, £10 a booking or any time he loses the baw and nae beer till end of Lent."

robbiek likes this.
  14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm telling you, it was taking Henderson off and leaving Bitton on that was the most obvious blunder that game. For some reason the ref liked Bitton, two yellows he let him off with. * knows how Lenny seen that happening and didn't even budge.

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Some huge overreaction following a draw against Aberdeen.

Lennon will get the rest of the season to test himself in the dugout. Win the treble and the jobs his, just the league and it could well be enough. There’s definitely a part of me that thinks he’s the safe bet - and given the fact we have a massive transfer window ahead of us, and are on the cusp of the 10 - that’s no bad thing.

For me, two wins and a draw from three tough games, after stepping in at extremely short notice, isn’t too shabby at all. I would’ve taken it when he joined.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Typical TC reaction to a draw.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny oot

JC Anton likes this.
  18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Our injuries just caught up with us. No Benkovic, McGregor, Christie, Rogic or Ntcham which left us very sketchy in midfield.

If we perform like that with McGregor back in the team then I'd worry.

Tomas likes this.
  19. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    They got Timothy worried with their point at Hibs. They've reduced the gap to ops it's not reduced it's the same

20. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    If we take all 3 trophies again , It would put Lennon in a strong position , While piling the pressure onto Gerrard and their board too.

Whoflungdung likes this.