1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ajax ?

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Whoflungdung, Mar 6, 2019.

Discuss Ajax ? in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KingArtur'1

Callum McGregor likes this.
  2. Duncan

yeah, but de jong is already gone to Barcelona and clubs would be crazy not to go after de ligt, whois as good, if not better

Even though it goes a bit against my own club, I really miss those days where a club that did a good job with its academy could be rewarded with a continental title, instead of losing its better players to barcelona, real, or any english club, united included, before they could reach its potential

Ajax just have the right philosophy for playing football. Only River Plate and Barcelona have this philosophy that permeates all categories and levels. You watch a game with ajax kids, even when they're tiny, and they will always play football the right way. We've never had this in britain, even the few and most cultured clubs like United we look like savages playing against the likes of Ajax.

I hope Ajax wins the whole thing, I really do, even above united. I'm a fanatical united fan, and I love what Ole has done, but unless we improve the quality of our football we really shouldnt be anywhere the CL trophy, while Ajax deserve it.

Also at this point anyone but the spanish clubs, Im so tired of all their pantomimes and card waving, diving, arrogant poses

FCBarca likes this.
  3. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    To be fair, De Jong is not actually an Ajax youth academy product. De Ligt is 100% Ajax, through & through on the other hand. Hope both will be playing at Barcelona next season

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tbf we paid £9m for Edouard. If we can keep a decent core of players such as Bain, Ajer, Tierney, Forrest, McGregor, Brown, Sinclair, Rogic, Christie etc then we can afford to just add one or two quality signings per season. Maybe not in the £8-10m region but we could if it's just the one player.

Get rid guys like Allan, De Vries, Simunovic that take a decent wage and give our youth players game time. We see guys like Henderson coming in and showing he's capable dometically. I'm not talking 4 or 5 of these boys being thrown in at a time but in games against Dundee or Hamilton at home, one or two young guys is surely possible ?

The foundations are in place. We just seem reluctant to use them.

Not saying we'll get results like Ajax for the record.

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye he was at Willem II before joining Jong Ajax, but I doubt he would be joining Barca if he hadn’t made that step up.

6. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Definitely not but even at Willem, the buzz had already begun on a player in the Cruyff mold - a big reason why every Dutch club was falling overthemselves to sign Frenkie

Ajax resurgence in terms of their academy can actually be linked, again, back to Cruyff when the club reorganized several years ago - many former players & pupils of his returned to run the club and focus on player development. Now Ajax is reaping those rewards so while De Ligt & FDJ are the high profile stars, their academy is purring with terrific talents to consider in world football.

Best of all, Oranje is assured a resurgence in world football

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

A Celtic supporting "fanatical" united fan who hopes Ajax win the CL above United. Nice one.

Whoflungdung and Gyp Rosetti like this.