1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How much football do you watch?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Marty McFly, Feb 13, 2019.

Discuss How much football do you watch? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just got thinking about this noticing the CL thread bumped last night and tonight. I have zero interest in the CL nowadays, and can’t remember the last time I watched 90 mins of a non-Celtic game. Don’t even do MOTD anymore. Switch right off when people start talking EPL :32:

Used to be mad for the football when I was younger, playing and watching as much as I could whenever I could. Changed days. Celtic games still watched religiously though, cue the mrs saying “they can’t be playing again?!”

What about you?

2. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Ticked 1 or 2..

Genuinely find it hard to watch a match that doesn’t involve The Sporting Wing Of The IRA Guest.

Love going to watch the * fitbaw on a Saturday afternoon.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Always watch Celtic and Barca games, so can be anything from 2 to 4 games a week.

4. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I’m the exact same as you, used to watch all and any matches when I was between 12-18 since then I only watch Celtic games and most Scotland matches. Of course at the World Cup I watched more but even the last euros I never really payed attention to

Marty McFly likes this.
  5. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Only our games,but I miss most of them now due to work :55:

Marty McFly likes this.
  6. clonbhoy

I have no interest in the CL or EPL, or any of the big football. The sooner the top six in the big five all * off and form a superleague the better.
    I think the last EPL game I watched was last season, and I was at it. The last CL game I watched Celtic played in. I don't even bother with the final.

I go to football local to where I live and follow the English lower leagues and non-leagues, the Scottish Premiership(not just Celtic) and the League of Ireland. I still love international football. The rest can all * off.

bagforlife, johnboy19 and Marty McFly like this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Watch a fair bit but a game is often on in the background while I do other things.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Watch every minute of every Celtic game. If given the option will always watch Barcelona to see Messi play as well. Truth be told I’d watch Argentina just to see him as well.

Other than that it’s on in the background, MOTD included. I find the Premiership soulless and boring, from the actual game to the commentary to the tourists in the stands. Liverpool/City was the only game I’ve watched the last few years I’ve taken any enjoyment from and that’s only because Klopp and Pep both set their teams out to play attacking football.

9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Less and less as time goes on. Outside of us I used to watch a fair bit of CL, La Liga, English premiership, world cups and Euros of they were on. Now if doesn't involve Celtic I have pretty much zero interest in it.

10. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    if it aint green and white hoops or a Scotland shirt .. no interested .

if Barcelona v Real Madrid was on and celtic were playing alloa athletic on a reserve game , if prof or craw put a stream up celtic win all day long …. I know im weird by the way .

bagforlife likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Obviously us and watch quite a lot of football but do find it more and more boring outwith game's I have a real interest in..

Don't watch match of the day or that at all anymore..

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Always make sure i never miss Sportscene, just to catch the 5 mins of highlights of our games, also to listen tae Thommo and Mikey, when ever i see them for some reason in my mind i picture @PaulM1888 and @Minty :56:

Paul is Mikey and Minty is Thommo.

Callum McGregor and PaulM1888 like this.
  13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

* off!

How does Minty get the guy with the luscious hair and manicured beard? Especially when he is * ginger :56:

bagforlife, KRS-1888 and The Prof like this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Love the beautiful game. Will watch really anything don’t find the EPL that good but will often spend a Sunday afternoon hungover watching super Sunday.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  16. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Watch almost every Celtic game, and aside from that I’ll watch Champions League games and Ireland games.

Between those and playing games myself, that’s plenty football for me. Not as obsessed as I was when I was younger.

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's getting less and less but I'll watch anything that's on when I'm at home. Celtic games are a given but I'll watch some £PL games if it's top 6 teams or a derby. Match of the day is an easier watch as most of the games in full are * atmosphere so bored me to tears.

Prefer watching bundesliga now it's on BT, better standard and far better atmosphere.
    CL is my favourite competition though, especially if we qualify.

18. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Used to watch loads, that changed when Sky stopped showing la liga and revista.

Will watch our games and an EPL march at 5:30 on Saturdays with my mates in the pub if its a good one.

19. Keano88

I watch every Celtic game & most Scottish games that are on tele.

I’ve watched the Champions League the past two nights but can’t remember watching any group stage games.

I keep up to date on what’s happening in every league but don’t watch them often. Only really watch the big games like El Classico, Bayern v Dortmund, Liverpool v City, Inter v Milan etc - games that usually have something riding on them.

20. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Same as most. All or as much of our games. Usually football on in the back ground, but very rarely watch it. MOTD is more tolerable as it gives the decent bits and ditches the hours of numbness.