1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could keep one?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mickcfc91, Feb 10, 2019.

Discuss If you could keep one? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shaunm

Sign them all ha ha,what a difference these boys are making

2. Jeremie Frimpong

It’s like Sophie's Choice. :giggle1:

There is a good case to be made for each of them, but I think that I would choose Burke; I could see him staying at Celtic for a number of years.

ChrisMoh and shaunm like this.
  3. Keano88

Aye.

We get a lot of people complaining about loans but in recent times they’ve worked out brilliantly, other than Musonda.

Denayer, Guidetti, Roberts, Benkovic, Burke, Weah and Toljan.

Probably more as well..

ChrisMoh and SwoopingVulture like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They're in the English championship and just paid 15 mill for him..

Benkovic is out of our range but he's at a decent Premier League side who if they sell Maguire for mental money....we may get back for another loan as they'll spend..

Toljan is third choice and have a feeling we may have a deal of some sorts lined up reading between the lines of Brendan and Weah is obviously coming back next season on loan..

JML67 and JC Anton like this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Benkovic, is where our need is greatest.

Or Toljan..

The thing is loans may be the only way to get the that type of quality to the club..

6. shaunm

How much to keep the 4 of them?

7. clonbhoy

They know that they aren't going to recoup that £15 though. I don't think Burke signing permanently is beyond the realms of possibility.
    I can't see any eventuality where Benkovic will be with us next season, unfortunately. I don't follow the EPL much, but I watched Leicester against Newport County the other week, based on that I am amazed they didn't call him back in January. They must have an unbelievable defence if they can afford to loan him out. He is class.

I would imagine Toljan is a possible signing and Weah is likely to get another 12 month loan.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

£60m

shaunm likes this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

WBA will absolutely want to play him next season..

10. horseshoe

Flip a coin between Benkovic and Toljan for me, we're much healthier for attacking options than defence.

Hopefully with some deadwood leaving in the summer freeing up wages we will actually push the boat out to try and bring one or two of these guys in permanent, but realistically I'd be more than happy if any of them were able to just extend their loan periods into next season.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    They'll see how he's done here and use him accordingly....or sell him for a hefty fee in England..

Their manager has said clearly it's nothing but a 6 month loan and he'll be going back..

I doubt Benkovic will be back as well but with them likely selling Maguire for 50/60 mill plus and EPL...they can go out and buy whoever..

I'd love to be wrong on Burke. He obviously wants to stay here but I can't see it. Only way is if they went for a player of ours when promoted and we got him in some kinda swap/cash deal..

12. clonbhoy

Pribably, but I wouldn't say absolutely. He may just be one of those moves that don't work out for whatever reason. He might not like it there, might be annoyed he didn't get a fair go, Moore might not fancy him or whatever.

13. shaunm

Was thinking same sort of figure bud,enjoy them while their here I suppose

JC Anton likes this.
  14. shaunm

Hate SKY TV these boys would have all been affordable years ago before SKY pumped billions into English football

Rydo1888* and Avatar Daizen like this.
  15. Keano88

If so then why didn’t they want to play him this season?

He was playing for their reserves.

JML67 likes this.
  16. clonbhoy

If they do go out and buy whoever, another club with money will take Benkovic. I would imagine Benkovic has more suitors than Burke. That's no disrespect to Burke, just that he has been through a few clubs quickly. I would also imagine Burke would see it as an opportunity here. Aside of anything about him being Scottish and being a fan, he knows he needs to rebuild his career and can do so here.
    It is still unlikely, but I would say more realistic. I think West Brom know they are going to lose money on the sale and the player wants to come here, which means the board will hum and haw over an extra quarter of a million in the summer and he will sign for Aston Villa or someone for around 8 million and we blow about 14 million on 20 wingers over the next five years!

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Another club could well take Benkovic..

It's interesting that our loans have chosen to come here. Burke, Toljan and Weah have all spoken about choosing to come here over other club's I'm sure so there is always that as well I suppose..

Burke's a Celtic fan?

18. clonbhoy

He mentioned it somewhere when he was signed that he had jerseys and that growing up. I don't think he was fanatical, but it all helps.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He’s a massive investment for them, the fact he’s doing so well for us will mean they will play him 100%..

A big bid would test their resolve tho.. but we would defo be breaking our transfer record again and then some. And considering we will need 2 x CB & a RB in the summer...

I’d be shocked if this happened..

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Never knew that. That's class :50:

Edit: Just seen it. Had a Celtic kit bought for him and always had it on but wasn't a fan :56: