1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What’s he actually shown against us apart from scoring one goal?

Forrest has ripped him apart several times and our goals always seemed to come down that side.

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree that Tierney has been overplayed, the manager should have rested him more often, especially midweek domestic games or league games that follow European ones.

Still though I think Meling wouldn't be tempted to leave Rosenborg as a regular starter to play second fiddle to Tierney in those games, or the odd stint when he's injured.

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Depends how the player wants to develop as @JC Anton has said I liked Melling from the first set of games in 2017. He was a baw hair from signing for Middlesbrough we should have been in there £1.5m would have got it and I still believe get it done.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

At that price fair enough, definitely would've been worth the investment (basically what we sold Izzy for) - again highlights the incompetence of our scouting team.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He’s been excellent both times I’ve seen him, he set up the goal that sent us into the EL knockouts..First choice for his national side, you only need to watch to see he’s a player. He actually played Forrest very well..

Twisty, Blochairnbhoy and Seán Mac D like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

EPL sniffing around him too now.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Of course it's about playing second fiddle. Not from our perspective, but it certainly will be for anyone that comes in. Any prospective signing will look at how many games KT has played and wonder if they are going to get any game time. It would very likely be putting off players who have the real quality you talk about. It's not about whether we should have a decent option, we should, it's about who we can actually get that would be willing to come and mostly be a bit part player barring injuries.

8. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Who the * cutting onions?

CAFCA3DF-6A63-4137-83DD-3812BFBB03FA.jpeg 0710D8CD-F0A3-43F3-A087-79E5CE781625.jpeg

9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is it just LB and KT's situation or do we generally fail to match your insight? :56:

Seriously, I honestly don't understand, it's a riddy I know but I can only name 2 LBs. Alba and Robertson :52: Marcelo is a RB?

Although you could be messing cause that statement is completely meaningless without a frame of reference. 'real quality'? We are assuming the presence of reality :drag:

Everybody agrees the minimum quality would have to be as good or better than Izzy depending on age.

Every value after that is completely arbitrary because there are 'real' reference points only a few people know. How many signings, how many sales, how big a kitty etc.

And then there's Peter and Desmond who are probably the only two who know exact numbers but more importantly how much faith they have in the scouts because we have a call to make, do we still risk the 'spend little spend often' approach that has caused us to send Hendry on loan, and I'm sure a few other near misses?

So the arbitrary figure for a quality LB I reached is £3m. (plus £3m for a CB) I have no idea if that's even close.

Would be extremely fortunate to get anyone under 25 who is good enough to teach KT new things. I think it would have to be an older player 30+ who is willing to sit on the bench 70% of games and be experienced enough to benefit the team.

It's a bit concerning how long KT's recovery is taking so maybe we'll need someone younger just in case KT needs more time off next season. I hope not but feels like he's a bit fragile for right now but why was he on the bench for huns game? He was totally gutted watching that pish when we needed him badly.

Still, Brendan is a flawed genius and befere any players are signed we'll have to make sure he's put pen to paper. I think he will give us the year notice we would need to get new players etc. Plus he's a Tim, we win the league he's going nowhere. If we don't win the league then welcome to the 1990s, the pre Bunnet 90s :fear:

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

For you just the first part..:50: :giggle1:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :rofl: Feckin knew it! * internet, I need a 140 character limit :triplomur :56: :RedFinger For all yours

bagforlife and JC Anton like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @Notorious That him back in training? Looks in good nick. Feels like absolute ages since he's played.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Trained on his own last week.

Training with the group this week.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on
    @kierantierney1
    : "Kieran has been back in with the team, which is great news. He’ll need to find football fitness, but it’s great to get him back out on the pitch

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That looks like someone who is determined to make up for lost time btw!!!!

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    like having half yer team out with him no playing , such an important player for us. like Broony sets the tone and standard.

Keano88 likes this.
  19. Keano88

[​IMG]

Nae snood or tights required for this absolute tank!

Hopefully he doesn’t catch a cold :eek:

bagforlife likes this.
  20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He'll be crucial for Valencia