1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Neeson's Storm In A Tea Cup?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Feb 6, 2019.

Discuss Liam Neeson's Storm In A Tea Cup? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. clonbhoy

I was just trying to help you understand racism isn't black and white. I think that the debate surrounding @Darnok's is one that is one worth having. It is certainly very different from the flippant throwaway remark like yours as it had a basis and a reasoning.

I don't know what any of that has got to do with my coffee or * life, but of which are fine. I could not be more relaxed and I couldn't give a * if McGregor gets his * kicked in, although I assumed he didn't have one.

Racism is bad, but you don't want to expand on the Ladybird version you have, which is fine, but if you don't want to engage in debates on subjects, don't make flippant remarks. By the way, trying to understand something is never pretentious.

2. M 67

Right... so he can make a point but I can’t reference it? Bizarre.

3. clonbhoy

Well, to use your own words, you can't. At least you didn't. One post was made to create intelligent debate and on wasn't. Which is which? A or B?

A)"Infact, I’m sure I read something online (or here) about some fucknugget claiming non-whites can’t be racist. Heard it all now!"

B)"According to some, black people, and any other minority actually, cannot be racist because for one to be racist, one needs to have societal and institutional power to enforce their racist ideas."

4. M 67

Well what I said wasn’t incorrect:
    A. It was on here
    B. It was a claim that non-whites can’t be racist
    C. I think (and sorry for having an opinion) that it’s a load of nonsense

I do not, however, believe that Darnok is a * nugget.

5. clonbhoy

No, but it was ill-thought out and unnecessary and I still think it was expressed dangerously. Which is why I pulled you up on it.

6. M 67

It was neither of those 3, get a grip.

7. FannyHaddock

Liam, big man, have you still got your cosh handy?

[​IMG]

Aidan O’Shea and GERONIMO like this.
  8. leeso-ardoyne

Fair play to the guy. Takes balls to say what's on your mind in these times. To many * snow flakes about these days. People shouldn't be afraid to admit anything in today's society. If others don't like it, * them. I take my hat of to Liam for having the courage to speak his mind.

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He is a *

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Strange times indeed. Seems like for every snowflake there is two * on the internet crying about snowflakes. Go figure :39:

Senna s1979 and clonbhoy like this.
  11. Bonobhoy

Excellent interview here

12. leeso-ardoyne

I sort of agree but ya have to admit. Theres far to many people today who get offended by the slightest thing. Millions of years of human evolution and now you have people who get offended by the most daftest comments there is or do they see things for what they really are.

13. clonbhoy

I think the problem is that the word ‘offended’ is abused, misused and overused.
    There is a huge difference between questioning something or saying something shouldn’t be said or done and being offended.
    The ‘PC gone mad brigade’, and I’m not including you here, merely saying, love to talk about past evolution and how everyone is a snowflake now, without understanding that political correctness is merely further progress on their past achievements. What they call political correctness is just the evolution of language.
    It was acceptable to call Irish people ‘Paddy’ when I first moved to England, I haven’t heard it in a pejorative sense at least, in a few years. The ‘N’ word has all but completely died out, except for its use by black musicians.
    This may seem trivial, you can argue that not using derogatory terms doesn’t remove the true feelings in their heart, but using more acceptable language teaches children in society that all people are equal until they give us reason to think otherwise.

That is why I will often question the language of the people around me, not because I’m offended, but because we all have a part to play in improving our society.

Senna s1979 and StPauli1916 like this.