1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Well that was pretty depressing reading one question/problem though if BR mates in the scouting dept cant identify young affordable signing targets prepared to accept upwards of 10/15k a week wages - who is going to be the next Armstrong, VVD, Dembele, Vic, etc as thats the model we are supposed to follow.
    If this trend continues a wage bill like we currently have becomes even more of a concern. The scouting dept needs gutted and if BR doesnt accept/know this then we have a serious problem.

Liam Scales and Random Review like this.
  2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think it's safe to assume Brendan isn't sacking Congerton after getting rid of Park for him.

When he said we have to replace good players every two years I understood that because clubs headhunt them.

I'm thinking about the Catch 22 statement and just accepting it's too surreal and Brendan has a mental sense of humour especially reserved for pundits who have a recurring theme of being critical of him either way. The book is famous for the recurring theme throughout the narrative.
    I mean come on, after the summer window we were as poor as we've been for years, now we can't get any better :56:

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    “We're delighted to get Toljan in. He's what I like in a full-back in terms of athleticism.”

*starts Lustig and Izaguirre tomorrow*

Raoul Duke, HTG and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It would be pragmatic to be fair, our first away game since the break. This is the game where we have to make a statement about our intentions and put in a performance to remind folk of the difference in quality. Most pundits are ignoring our performances since the break because all they can think about is our pish away form last year, really need them to stfu.

Mind you when has Brendan ever been pragmatic, he loves his fast attacking football but wow that would be some risk but could pay off cause he'll be well up for making an impression.

I wouldn't do it but it's been ages since he's asked my opinion.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Cheers, that was a good read. All of that makes perfect sense too.

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think loan deals can be ok, provided there’s of sufficient quality. Someone like Weah is likely out of our reach as far as permanent transfers go, so a loan becomes a very viable option.

Burke...a bit of an anomaly in the sense he’s gone for stupid money in his last two transfers. Looks a decent player, certainly not one that’s out with our ambitions ability wise, but in terms of value, completely unnafordable. Benkovic likewise.

Toljan I’m less convinced about in terms of him being unnatainable, possibly wrong here as I know little about him.

Ultimately, we’ll go into the summer window with a * of a lot to do, and our biggest games coming thick and fast. I’m not convinced we can do it. A couple of centre backs, and a right back will be needed come summer, they’re already well overdue.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You have such a hard on for slating Rodgers and everything he does it’s actually verging on mental health issues levels. :56:

Do you sit greeting when he’s getting pictures with all his trophies? Must sting like a *.

8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I pointed this oot months ago :giggle1:

9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Thats all very well in terms of loan deals, but cant be surmised that we have a shrewd and cautious approach when we are signing 32 year old defenders who are injured, making him amoung the highest earners at the club and then realising that he is nowhere near the level required.
    I also really hate when we sign players who are are not match fit.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

We haven’t signed any defenders.

:43:

11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I was alluding to the signing of Comperr.

Signing duds on big wages who dont play will just increase the liklinness and necessity of these loan deals.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Who.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "It was a tough game but in the end we showed that resilience to keep going. Our quality is what got us through.

BR on Timo Weah: "He came on and was absolutely brilliant. His touch and ball for the first goal was sensational. He's got great qualities and his enthusiasm for the game is great to see as well.

BR on
    @ScottBrown8
    : "He was peerless today, really. You could see his influence in the middle of the pitch and why he's such an important player for us."

BR: "We want to focus on our own performances and if we can do that, it will continue to put pressure on teams around us.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Where’s his all weather training dome? @Notorious ?

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Announced next week.

JC Anton likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "It was a controlled performance. We scored a very good first goal and in the second-half we organised the game well. It was a great three points for us and a very good team performance.

BR on Emilio Izaguirre: "It was a clumsy challenge on him. The medical team tell me they think he's got away with it, little bit sore but should be fine in a few days."

BR: "It was great having Dedryck back tonight and he was unfortunate not to score.
    @OlivierNtcham
    will hopefully be back some point towards the weekend. He's been training all week.
    @Oedouard22
    will be ok by the weekend."

BR on James Forrest: "I think he'll definitely be ready for Valencia but we'll assess it over the next few days."

BR on Jeremy Toljan: "He’s a really good player. You can see his talent. Great assist for the first goal, good energy and very composed. I thought he was excellent and he’s only going to get better once his fitness improves."

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Having Forrest, Ntcham, Edouard all back for Valencia is massive, here's hoping tierney is back too.

Rydo1888* and McChiellini.. like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member