1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youssouf Mulumbu

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2018.

Discuss Youssouf Mulumbu in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure what to think about loaning him to Kilmarnock when they are so close to us.

Wouldn’t imagine he will play against us but he will help them in the other league games.

We will still win the league but seems a bit strange helping one our closest opponents in the league this season.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thought he looked poor myself.

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I get your point given they collected most points in the league in the calendar year of 2018 but really it shouldn't be any different to us loaning Christie to Aberdeen who were our closest challengers in those seasons.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Our MOTM at Rugby Park in the 2-1 loss, the only guy making himself available for a pass and the * collapsed out of us when he got subbed off for fear of a 2nd yellow.

Only player with any hint of composure away in Salzburg. Tried to carry the ball, retain possession, in amongst a team that was treating the ball like a hot potato.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'll take your word for it, I can't remember those performances. Maybe I'm just thinking about his sub cameo where he looked poor.

6. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I know what you are saying but Aberdeen imo never had the consistency that Killie have had recently.

I would have rathered we loaned him to a team lower in the league personally or sell him elsewhere but I suppose it could also be seen as helping Killie to move above the huns.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's blatant he was doing something mate..

Talking out of turn in the media
    To monster munch
    Liking Defoe tweet signing for them
    Then being dropped and banished with the academy as we went away to Dubai

It's all guesswork what exactly he did that put the final nail in, but I'm sure it was one or more of the above..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Youssouf Mulumbu has sealed a return to Kilmarnock, signing a six-month loan deal from Celtic.

A fans’ favourite during his first spell with Steve Clarke’s side in 2017/18 season, the Congo international helped Killie achieve a club-record points total.

The 32-year-old made 20 appearances after arriving in Ayrshire in November 2017 and scored his only Killie goal in a 1-0 win over Celtic in February 2018.
    Youssouf joined Brendan Rodgers’ Celtic on a two-year deal on August 31 and has made three appearances for the reigning Scottish champions.

Everyone at the club would like to welcome Youssouf back to Scotland’s oldest professional football club

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Good decision letting him go back to them, might help them get 2nd.

Keano88 likes this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He was rotten in that 15 min at the end of the Leipzig again but I think it'd be hypercritical to base his time only on that.

The game v Killie he was the only one showing fight and anger at the thuggery of them.

Could and should have been a decent squad player for us but he's obviously been a snake. That said the environment he arrived into can't have helped. Dembele taking potshots and leaving, Ntcham sulking at that, Boyata downing tools then coming back in.

No excuse for dishing out info to Boyd that should have been kept in-house but the squad and club were hardly the embodiment of being unified.

clonbhoy likes this.
  11. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Pretty pointless signing in the end was barely used his last performance I remember was coming on against leipzig and he was woeful.

12. horseshoe

This reeks of something going wrong behind the scenes, he was probably the best player in the league outwith us last season, for a backup squad player we really couldn't hope for better, and pretty much the only one we have with similar attributes to Brown, then he just never played.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Imagine they won the league

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Exactly. Back up squad player. He knows he’s better than that, so why not fight for it.

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thought he mightve done us a turn, but if the rumours are true then can't have that.

16. Samurai Bhoy

I must have missed something, what are these rumours?
    I know he liked the Defoe thing on Twitter and basically told the media that no one in Scotland can touch us, neither of which I have any major issues with tbh, but what’s this about that fat * Boyd?

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Fat Boyd was shouting his mouth off about having inside knowledge about supposed dressing room "unrest" at our club.

Only a fool would think it was anyone other than this waloper.

Samurai Bhoy likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Boyd is the waloper mate..

In terms of the signing it made sense at the time.. but with Brown committing, Bitton back and Kouassi on the mend he's well done the pecking order.

Anyone who thinks it's a risk loaning him to Killie because they might win the league with him are flapping needlessly ffs.

Random Review and Bayern Bru like this.
  19. Mr. Slippyfist

Mulumbu is a * rat mate if he was shouting his mouth aff to that fat greasy ride.

I was happy enough with signing him btw.

Gyp Rosetti and Liam Scales like this.
  20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

He might be able to give us some inside info on killie when we are due to play them.

Artorias likes this.