1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Not even remotely comparable.

mickcfc91 and Rendog like this.
  2. Samurai Bhoy

I rate Ntcham, just think he’s going through a poor spell of form but I’d be 100% confident he can turn that around, especially if he was paired in MF with McGregor.

I like the idea of getting Mbemba in as part of the deal, but realistically how much of the supposed 14m will go towards finding Ntcham’s replacement?!

We got 20m fo Dembele and spent 2m on his replacement.
    On those maths, we’d be left with 1.4m to look for instant quality in a very important position.

Ideally we should hold onto him and put in a cheeky bid for Mbemba anyway :fear:

Although I couldn’t see Porto playing nicely in that one.

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Please be true!

I honestly didn’t think we would get more that 5 mil for him. Porto cant have seen him play for a while.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Still think he can come back to form, but we do have decent midfielders.

No thanks on the defender though, 6 months later trying to get rid, eh naw thanks.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Ntcham for Mbemba?

Would bite yer toes off for that!

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Direct quotes from yourself;

7. Priest

If Saidy Janko isnae included in the deal they can get tae.

bagforlife and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Easy one for me this. Simply sell the player! Wouldn't make my Celtic starting 11. Good profit as well if the story is for real!

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If the paper talk is accurate.. and it's a big if..

Mbemba, plus cash would be a no brainier, as much as I rate Ntcham our defensive need I'd far Greater.. keep Mulumbu and give him a run when needed.

charlietully and jocksteinupper like this.
  10. stew37

I like Ntcham but his work rate is shocking at times. If someone came in for anything like 14 million I'd punt him.

11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Ntcham was brilliant up until he was linked with Porto, even this season at Rosenborg and Rangers first game.

Be really poor since.

12. Murph-E

You'd have Jack Hendry and Scott McKenna over Virgil Van Dijk, though.

I was for selling him until reading this comment. Hope he stays and finds good form that keeps Christie out of the team now.

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

This would be like the Ki deal for me. Decent player but that's a brilliant offer if true

Artorias likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty much.

The fact that our best run of form this season came when he was bombed out of the team is no coincidence.

I don't think there's many supporters who believe that Christie has more ability than Ntcham. He has better strength, range of passing, composure and has represented the current World Champions at every age level from u16s up.

Yet Ryan Christie - the player that no fan would've batted an eyelid if he left in the summer -has overtaken him as a first pick and that is undoubtedly down to work ethic. Without it, ability and potential won't flourish.

Having been dropped for Christie for a period and watching us go on a run of wins from the sidelines. Hearing everyone gush about the improvement in the team and the praise for Christie, it should have stoked a fire within him to prove that he was still the main man. It hasn't.

I'm not sure what else Rodgers can do. He's been hooked off at HT twice this season with no injury; a clear sign of dissatisfaction and there was no response. He mentioned it after the Motherwell match again no response. He was dropped from the team for a period...again no response.

If we can't get him back to giving 100% every game and dominating games in Scotland which he could and should be doing then we need to move him on.

PorchBhoy67, The IRA and clonbhoy like this.
  15. clonbhoy

If we get £14 million and a decent defender for this heartless * it will be the best window ever. We could even afford to pay off the other heartless *, should Fulham not come back for him.

16. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Take it. Nchamp has brought nothing this season., it seems to have started when Dembele. left. When he plays he slows the game down far too much. No point in getting players in that have pace if you are not going to utilise it by slowing the game down. We have all said it, Nchamp cannot playbwith Broony, it has been proven time again. Get rid of Nchamp for the £14m, extend Broonies contract until 10 is reached, (he will find some form then use him sparingly). We have an abundance of midfield players that would fill Nchamps role

17. horseshoe

If that rumour is anywhere close to reality we'd be daft not to take it, with McGregor and Christie are looking more and more like our first choice midfield for the forseeable future, Brown and Mulumbu as more experienced options, and Bitton and Kouassi still on the books to come back from injury, it's probably the area of the pitch we can most easily let someone go, and we need a half decent CB more than we need another CM.

18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sort of like Ntcham..

19. Paul McAuley

Let him go and let yaya replace him. New RB and GK and we are sorted.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I doubt you would get 14m plus mbemba but even if we got 8m plus him I think that would be a great deal. A profit on the player plus a decent defender.
    I think ntcham is a great player but sadly has not been great this season. So I think time to cash in. We have a stack of talent in midfield and I think we will find it easier to replace midfielders.