1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

scottish referees

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Solidsnake, Jan 11, 2019.

Discuss scottish referees in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    i have recently watched "anyone but celtic" on youtube for the second time and i am completely baffled at how the referees have gotten away with this time and again. i was born in 86 and grew up watching the scum win 9 in a row. i never really noticed back then the standard of the refereeing as i was just a young pup but as the years have went on it's became more apparent. the documentary on youtube does a good job at showing you just how long this has been festering on for.

There is an obvious problem and especially within the lanarkshire area which provides the majority of the bawbags in black we see on a weekly basis. the whole referring system in scotland is in dire need of change. from top to bottom, the structure in which we recruit, train and develop managers as well as an overhaul of the disciplinary procedures they use to do the job.

So with the scum at the sfa releasing a new statement today i thought it would be a good time to discuss the issue. How do we improve the system? Who can we escalate problems like this to if the sfa and uefa dont seem to care? why has celtic as a club remained relatively quiet regarding the obvious problem of the Lanarkshire referees?

the english have many many different clubs so it would be easy to organise it so the games are refereed without any bias occurring. wee bonny scotland is the polar opposite, half the teams but the vast majority of the country support one of two teams. how can we move forward to ensure a fairer competition. foreign refs?

Also what decisions stick out in your mind as being
    discriminatory, the documentary mentions the so called shame game where that * dallas got skelped wae a coin. can anyone remember any more?

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    When Hearts got a penalty and joe ledley got sent off in a semi final cause the ball clipped Wanyama's hand when he wasn't even looking the direction of the ball.

When we were gonna win the title at ibrox so Wanyama and Cha got sent off in the first half for * all.

3. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Cadete 'goal' at ibrox.

4. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The SFA as a governing body that is intertwined with members who also hold respected positions in the Lodge and Masons. They over the years tend to cross paths constantly for business, spiritual and family reasons. Most of these men strive to uphold the traditions of their forefathers. All of these reasons mentioned is a strong factor in who decides who is in and who is out. Keeping in mind the whole family connections.

6. Bonobhoy

Cadete
    Hartson goal chopped off Vs Them
    Penalty given against us when refs back is turned,and wasnt a penalty
    Lennon snap in Hun Box,nothing.
    Dougiegate Incident (this was the main eye opener of whats going on against us and scottish football)
    Dallas coin game.
    Delia cheated to loose treble.

To be honest there is so many over the years that i can go on all night.

I kinda remember a game in particular one night against Hamilton,think it as a cup game,and the ref was a * disgrace all night,he gave something like 14 corners in the 2nd half as we were only 1-0 up and nearly every corner was NOT a corner,was * baffling that night.

TheHappyLoss and Solidsnake like this.
  7. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    That Aberdeen game the other week must be up there too. luckily we still won.

Artorias likes this.
  8. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Wish he hit the ball harder.

MagnificentSeven likes this.
  10. Roskopicachu

I'm doing a little bit of digging into the "death threats". We'll see what comes up. Right now it looks like his phone number was "leaked" haha, yes, leaked on the internet. Problem is, everyone's phone number is already on the cloud.
    How could it be leaked? Wrong terminology. Unless it was maybe Julian Assange. Nah, it might have been "shared".

We're not talking about classified documents here. Jeesus.

Over on the Follow Follow website, they've been doxxing folk since at least 2010, and i've not even tried to look back further. It was that guy that wrote the piece in the Sun yesterday. They wanted to get to that guy.

Recently in August they were busy doxxing the compliance officer, who they perceived to be Catholic, or married to a Catholic, but seemed to be doxxing a completely innocent person.

So the reason potentially, to throw her under the bus, is if she is deemed to be a Catholic.

11. john2061

You shouldn't be a ref if your a member of the orange order or the masons or a mp for the tory party as your not neutral then.

12. Roskopicachu

Seems to have come from Press Association Sport journalist on Twitter 1:37pm 4 jan 2019
    The abuse from Rangers tweets began at 1:41pm and nothing had been verified.

How did they verify the story and it's accuracy?

Then we have a big gap which i need to dig into. But it maybe appeared before the MSM on Follow Follow.

4Jan 2019 - Follow Follow - 9:37pm
    4Jan 2019 - Daily Record 21:45 -
    Scottish Sun 10:10pm - TalkSport 10:36pm

13. Roskopicachu

packybhoy likes this.
  14. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fair play mate but your wasting time trying to fish for * that won’t be found. They all run in secret societies for a reason. As for Rebekah Brooks, she is one of the top business women in the UK or Ireland and any of her past experience with Rupert Murdoch, James Murdoch or Andy Coulson will have made her more the crocodile than ever.

15. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Stokes penalty last minute LC final v killie

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Griffiths clean through on goal vs them and Hill drags him to the floor with his leg and both arms!!!!

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Remember this sly one by Thompson in the lge cup final 2-0 game.

Solid breakaway 3 on 1 ..hun grabs Celtic player by the arm but he shrugs it off.

FOUL for Celtic :38:

18. Roskopicachu

Rangers v Hearts 10th December 2016
    He chopped off a goal that was very obviously onside, let Halliday off with a two footed tackle.
    Halliday ran past the ref afterwards and the ref never even spoke to him. Again no yellow cards.
    Must be a theme.
    Anyway here's where the original tweet came from, or as far as i'm aware:
    Problem is, where's the Press Association story? Not on their website, not on their Twitter.
    As far as i'm aware at least.

These days we get an absolute furor over an unverified Twitter troll post.

anpa.jpg

19. leeso-ardoyne

Its always been and will continue to be! Its * shocking the * over the years against us and if you think they are bad, wait and see the rest of this season to stop us winning this league for the 8th time. If we do win it which i expect us to do then next year and the year after if were going for the 10 will be even worse. You'll see them * puting the careers on the line just to stop us * * breaking the record for 10IAR! Anyone who thinks different is deluded!

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Didn't realise it was Beaton that let Naismith stamp then stand screaming over Hayes..

Was untold in that game..

What other ref in Scotland folds his short sleeves up before every game cause he wants to show off that he goes gym. A proper wee gimp..