1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scootz

I have absolutely no problem with someone who's off work with mental health issues enjoying some R & R - nor would most HR departments. it's not as if he can't leave the house because his spine is *, or he's contagious! He needs to get his head in the right place, and sitting in the house twiddling his thumb (pun intended) ain't going to help him much!

Get out, have a pint, enjoy yourself, but be sensible with it.

No a fan of the horse racing though. Running animals to exhaustion for human entertainment ain't cool.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I find it bizarre how so many Celtic supporters are willing to participate and spread baseless speculation about Leigh when we don't know the full story.

Brendan does and says he hasn't seen the pictures and will speak with Leigh on return. There's really nothing more to add to it than that. .

Speculation from hun Twitter accounts and articles in the Daily Record/The Sun should be barred from this thread. It's meant to be about well-wishing a player of ours that is going through a difficult time.

Let's not pour petrol on a bonfire lit by haters of all things Celtic and make things worse.

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He definitely needs to get out and do things, staying inside everyday just makes things a lot worse when it comes to mental health. I’d rather see him taking his family on holiday or something though instead of at a race course.

Keano88, Marie and packybhoy like this.
  4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    See all your pure speculation and what ifs surrounding Leigh's mental health and the current situation. Catch a grip and leave it to the huns and papers. Trash talk.
    The Wee mans health and well being is a big concern amongst our players and management and will be protective of Griff. Same with most fans. The road to recovery is never smooth. And if he feels like going to the horses and having a pint or two, then I hope he enjoys it. He can't sit stewing in the house constantly and I'm pleased he is looking fresh. And as a Celtic player I feel an attachment to players like family. So for me, I'm proud of our bhoy facing up to the problems as its easier to get lost. And with the help of the club and all his colleagues he will rise above it. As for a day out with friends. Just glad to see him happy.

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    right sit in the hoose all day watching Jeremy Kyle , that,ll help your mental state . only thing wrong he,s done is if he,s had a bet .. mugs game .

6. Roskopicachu

I'm not sure what's going on, but it looks like the daily anti-celtic news story. I'll have a look.
    First up the story source:

Robert Grieve‏Verified account @robert_grieve 12 Dec 2018
    Hope Leigh Griffiths gets all the help and support he needs to battle through his personal problems.

Robert Grieve Retweeted
    retweeted Kris Boyd's testimonial twice. Once for Boyd's own website, and the Scottish Sun
    ran it five days before:

"Calling all Rangers and Kilmarnock fans, SunSport is giving kids the chance to lead the teams out at Kris Boyd's testimonial"

Another retweet was:
    "Another white knuckle taxi ride through mental Moscow traffic brings the meedja boys safely (just) to the airport. Not a great result for Rangers but great lads and a good few days in a fascinating city. Cheers Comrades!"

It goes on like that promoting a lot of stuff then this:
    Robert Grieve‏Verified account @robert_grieve 11 Oct 2018
    Anyone know how you delete tweets?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No idea what's going on with him. No interest in speculating. An observation however would be perhaps its wise to stay off social media and keep a low profile while working things out. Good people around him is essential right now.

I see this ending with either
    A.
    He comes back, knuckles downs and gets back to concentrating on football or he comes back no better and is Marvin Comppered
    B.
    He doesn't come back. Club then again Marvin Comppers him for the length of his contract or hes offered continued help and cut loose financially.

This issue is going to polarise opinion and split fans right down the middle. Ultimately Leigh is the one who has the most work ahead of him. I hope he comes through it. I'm staying out of this thread from here on.

ChrisMoh and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. Roskopicachu

9. Mr. Slippyfist

10. Roskopicachu

I think that might be the tweet he wanted to delete. I know a little about about Dark PR.

upload_2019-1-10_15-1-49.png

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  12. Mr. Slippyfist

:party22:

13. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Total speculation, a prime example of how people concoct stories and come to conclusions when in actual fact they know little of what's going on or the truth. Hope the we man recovers soon and gets his act together.

Social media is a poison of modern society, it amazes me how people go into * frenzies over the least little thing. Or even worse false pretentious * living false pretentious lives on it.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Stick to posting daft transfer suggestions.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

You tell him, ya wee salt n' sauce bully * ye! :boxing:

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I just had chips with that actually.:56:

17. Mr. Slippyfist

You are so * predictable, Crowsef Fritzl...

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Leave the twitter to you?:fear:

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe.:56:

Rydo1888* and Liam Scales like this.