1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

The SFA statement about Beaton being threatened is a desperate attempt to deflect from the fact Celtic are asking Beaton to explain himself publicly and shining a light on how poor the refereeing has been this season in general. Celtic should push for answers regardless.

As far as I'm concerned Beaton deserves everything he gets. His family members shouldn't suffer but as an individual he has brought this on himself. His decisions during the game were shocking but to be pictured in a Huns bar after the game posing for pics is a step too far and he's facing the consequences for it. * um.

Artorias and Sydneysider like this.
  2. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I agree too, * him.

3. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This has probs been posted but for anyone who has not seen it, bout the Lanarkshire masons in the black

Rendog, Gyp Rosetti and bagforlife like this.
  4. Sydneysider

Masons : Scotland and NI represent roughly 10% of the population of the UK, but 25% of membership of Masonic Lodges

Roll on a Euro League, * this lot Im sick of em

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. Roskopicachu

At the end of the day if you're gonna
    be faced with so many games, close together in quick succession,
    you need stricter referees.
    Otherwise we have the biggest squad and it's still not big enough to handle the
    fixture list.
    Part of that's because we play more games, but also the yellow card
    offences that are rarely given, meaning the guy who just tried
    to injure one of our players illegally, walks away actually happy.
    It makes the referee look weak.

It's not been hidden either, that can't be an excuse.
    Things like Naismith bearing over an injured Hayes, it's an act of
    breach of the of peace above anything else.

It's the look of a wild man who's out of control.
    The stamp was to inflict violence.

You see it's not so much the fouling, as to the violent nature
    of some of the fouling.

Kyle Lafferty brought a new one pushing the boundaries
    with a double stamp, using both feet.

That's some new found technical ability.

Also though it's times when we're breaking away, or it's intentional
    or a professional clip of the heels. We should be faced with
    the same rules as we have to manage in Europe, minus the cheating.

The diving and rolling around thing has been a thing from Latin America.
    Do the refs even bother to do their homework, put two-and-two together
    and figure these guys might roll around a lot?

Lafferty's got video incidents all over the internet for everything from elbows,
    engaging in head butts, diving. It's all their as evidence.
    It's history but surely in this day and age you look the players up
    before a game? Is it that hard to get the linesman to keep an eye on
    offside and a bad foul sometimes you can see coming.

Candeias at times is another who's out of control.

I noticed the linesman wasn't to kean to get a closer look at an incident
    in a game Aberdeen played against Caixinha's Sevco team.

So this isn't or shouldn't be aimed at Sevco, because the refs were doing the same
    things before Gerrard took over. It's very much to do with the attitude
    of the referees and linesmen and their bosses.

There are though, often ways to explain things. Beaton coming out and saying
    he saw the incidents and thought their was nothing wrong with Candeias
    at the drop ball? He looked away because he thought it was funny,
    and that is where we have a distinct problem.

If he saw the incidents in question and didn't realize they broke the rules,
    then we have someone refereeing a volatile match who doesn't want to perform
    them.

It's an admission of him not caring about the rules and believes
    he can judge the level of violence off the ball determined on whether a player goes and rolls around the pitch
    like Morelos if he was on the receiving end. He would be going nuts. Absolutely nuts.

Certain games though if a team haven't been playing fairly
    the punishment should also include more officials at their games until they stop cheating. Teams should be targeted
    by the officials based on their history and how they behave on a pitch.

I don't think any of them take this part of their job seriously enough,
    but more worryingly they might be Sevco fanboys.

What Beaton says by saying he saw the incidents, is that
    they weren't violent enough, that's not good.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  6. Sydneysider

'''

Family : His first cousin is also an SFA ref !! Wow ! what a small Crafty world it is up there !!!

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I must say I was laughing at Morelos cause it was as if he was trying to lose the 3 points for them, they were safe and then he did 4 fouls that were nothing to do with football and at least yellow cards every one of them but by that stage I was just to annoyed with our performance I thought jeez oh I would get a pure riddy if we get anything out of this game but why aren't his team mates going nuts? Imagine us 1 0 up and the points safe and well we dont't have anyone that nuts but say Ntcham was in a mood and stamped on someone there is no way the ref doesn't see it.

Would Brendan play a player who he seen later on video the next game? I can't see it. 4 out non sporting fouls, was he like to go nuts?

What was up with the 50/50? I thought Broony won it, didn't see anyone complaining about anything.

Mind Broony gave Neymar a wee flick and he was writhing about in agony :redcard:

Wee wido but gotta appreciate the wind up, he got them all 3 points without even scoring, never seen Broony fall for it before.

I thought the ref was poor, is it true he's possibly biased?

What idiot found out his phone number and texted from their own phone? That's a jail term isn't it? Police are looking for a 36 year old man. Unless he used someone else's phone :56: Actually the polis have aw communications geotracked don't they, Jermaine Defoe is 36. coincidence :97:

Oh aye what I meant to say was I wasn't bothered during the game just laughing at Morales like he's got a chip on his shoulder with the whole world or just us?

What is out of order is no retrospecitive action, surely the stamp is a red card, it's voilent conduct and ok if it was just the one incident you might say hmmm ok we'll give him the benefit of the doubt but 4 :40:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We should hold them to task as should Aberdeen..... Why you might wonder well sfa have said that
    Because Beaton seen it and decided to take no action that they feel they don't need to which makes me go straight to the tackle from Scott mckenna we're he got a ban. Ovb he deserved the ban not contesting that but was Sam situation ref seen it never did anything but the compliance officer acted then so it one rule for one team but different for another... If a was mcinnes I'd be raging

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Them rolling out crisis talks and flipping it to Beaton being the victim, just shows how deep rooted the problem still is..

Corrupt and out to cover each other's arses at all costs..

We know it's a deflection tactic..

An official has cheated his way through the game and then lied bare faced after to do his team a favour, along with his side kicks and the compliance officer....yet the other sidekicks the SFA have all conspired to paint Beaton as a victim. Lol..

Rendog, Gyp Rosetti and Random Review like this.
  10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Where was the SFA statements when the huns burst a linesman’s head wide open?

Rendog, Gyp Rosetti, Xatraps and 2 others like this.
  11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The media are just as bad. I saw Jermaine Jenas asking Chris Sutton whether Celtic would be putting in a complaint if the league were not so close. That's a pretty obvious and unsubtle attempt to forward a certain biased interpretation from a so-called neutral. This question needs to be flipped right round 180 degrees: would the cheating be as blatant if the league were not so close?

Truth is there are no neutrals at this moment in time. Quite apart from the bigots in Scotland, every single one of those "neutral" English TV companies wants a Rangers league title, because they can sell a rivalry and they can't sell a Celtic procession.

Thank * at least Sutton is standing up for us.

12. Sydneysider

Spot on ! and don't kid yourself its not just the Media : most English fans Ive met prefer the Huns or simply dislike Celtic ( usual jibes - Irish, RCs etc pro IRA, refuse to wear the much loved Poppy ! shock horror !)

13. Roskopicachu

They're not that smart to be putting videos up. Here the ball gets knocked up Johnston. If you watch frame-by-frame you can see just before Boyata makes the pass Johnston's fouled off the ball. Rangers defender heads it up in the air.
    MacGregor and Arfield jump for the ball, he's elbowed in the air and when they land and then kicked from behind.
    Christie nips in and wins the ball, Arfield then rugby tackles Christie - result - free-kick to Rangers.
    He then lies on the floor for a while and that's when it gets a bit weird.

For those "challenges" the ref keeps as far away from it as possible.

However he goes over to see Arfield, gives him a pat on the back and then a hand up. Morelos is over blowing kisses at Christie. When do you see that on a football pitch?

MacGregor's come up to have a word with the ref, probably to tell him what to do.

He's been subbed off, because Gerrard saw it.

I was hoping they'd start putting vids up so i coould track the linesman. Where is he in this incident. You can see the third official. But the two elbows and a kick, followed by a rugby tackle gets you a pat on the back and a hand up from the ref.

The mentailty inside that stadium was horrendous. Everyone's a paedophile all of a sudden. We also seem to have some information warfare going on because they really think they played better football. We just had the unfrtunate thing of having the team with the worst fair play record having a game with 50,000 fans and no ref.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    What we have now is pure misdirection.

That * leckie last week claimed a "conspiracy" was nonsense as sevco have the worst disciplinary record in the league.

Apparently the notion that indeed that in itself is evidence that sevco are getting a by ball from the sfa and refs is completely lost on him. All it proves is that sevcos tactics this year have been to kick teams off the pitch and nothing more.

They cant make it look too obvious.

The duplicity in which the sfa have acted is there for all to see, case in point retospective actio on mckenna.

This poor beaton nonsense is a smokescreen. Is it any suprise that beaton was a journalist before he was a cop? With the know how to navigate police proceedures and then ensure they are blown up in the forum of public opinion.

Now we have the referees linking arms claiming the sfa are throwing them under a bus.

Pure misdirection.

All to further the meme that nobody is corrupt, just incompetent.

15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The direction has taken a change this morning. The compliance officer now getting flung under a bus. Saying that Beaton was asked if he saw the incidents but not if he wanted to change them, a shame he never thought to speak up and at least pretend he got it wrong...

16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    With that running into difficulties, it now looks like Whyte is their target. The ‘source’ had this to say:

“It’s fair to say Willie and John feel they have been badly let down by the compliance officer.

“Willie has had his impartiality called into question when, in fact, he was the first one to hold his hand up afterwards and admit he hadn’t seen the Candeias incident properly at the time of making his decision.

“He knew nothing about the statement which was later released in which the player’s gestures were used to vindicate that yellow card.

“As for John, he and his family are now paying a horrendous price for the whole Morelos mess. When he confirmed he had seen the incidents during the match he also fully expected to be asked if he had any reason to change his mind having watched them all back on TV.

“Having said that, the SFA’s disciplinary department had already made it almost impossible for referees to deal with these incidents.

“Remember, it was them who rescinded the red card Morelos was given at Pittodrie for kicking an opponent on the first day of the season at Pittodrie and then failed to punish Steven Naismith for stamping on Celtic’s Jonny Hayes a week later at Tynecastle.

[​IMG]

“Whether John would have changed his mind only he knows for sure. But it does look very much like he was denied that chance and, a result of that, the SFA were able to pin the blame back on him.

“Referees have to put up with a lot of abuse in this country and they realise that’s part and parcel of the job.

“Most of the guys would acknowledge also that far too many mistakes have been made over the course of the season so far, but what they do not expect is for their own employers to throw them under a bus whenever the heat is on.

“As a result, relations between the officials and the compliance officer are extremely strained at this moment.”

17. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    None of this matters he made the decisions on the park not in a office he clearly saw and dismissed all the challenges as nothing to see here then spends the night in a huns pub after the failure to protect Celtic players from thug tactics, the * hasn't a leg to stand on

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

18. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Oh I agree but I am just pointing out that they are trying to shift all blame onto compliance and that side (which also shows massive failings-rescinding morelos red/mcgregor assaults).

Those incidents don't need a second viewing. If any person in his position (with the great view of the incidents) isn't actively trying to cheat then they are not competent enough to be doing the job, it is that simple. You don't even have to mention the pub thing it is that clear.

littlekennie and cas79 like this.
  19. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Any idea when this agreed meeting is due to take place

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I watched Anyone But Celtic.

Some damning stuff in there and a really good piece of work. Bobby Tait, the Davidson guy, the change of ref for Dens ‘86, 6 mins injury time Killie (backfired! Haha!), 30 seconds injury time for us!!, Farry the *, handballs, the secretary women, disallowed goals, handshakes, Wallace Mercer and O’Donnell ref (RIP), etc etc etc

Not a massive fan of the guys presenting style but that’s not really important. What I mean is the information he has would be great to get out there in the mainstream but in this format it wouldn’t really work. But that isn’t his intention, so for what it is, it’s great :50:

Sonic Reducer, Sydneysider and Rendog like this.